Report: Richardson will seek presidential bid. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:34:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Report: Richardson will seek presidential bid. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Report: Richardson will seek presidential bid.  (Read 2733 times)
Notre Dame rules!

« on: February 09, 2005, 09:48:34 PM »

He's a tax cutting Democrat, which would be a good thing nationally, but he would have to survive alot of primaries frontloaded with Northeastern states.   Not good for Richardson.

He also has potential General Election baggage concerning leaks of nuclear technology to the Chinese while he was Sec of Energy.

I don't think he would get the Veep slot either.  Not enough EVs in New Mexico.  However, they might offer him the Sec State job as a means of enticing the Latino vote to vote Dem.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 10:12:42 PM »

It's hard to say how much the nuke scandal would hurt him as Veep, but you can be sure that the GOP would spend millions reminding everyone about it.  

As far as the Latino vote goes, what percentage of it actually votes, especially in the border states?  I know it's quite high in NM, but large numbers of Mexicans doesn't necessarily mean large numbers of Mexican voters.  A great many are not registered, which can be rectified, but a great many are also illegal aliens, which cannot be rectified.

Considering the size of the Latino population of CA, I would have thought that Cruz Bustamante would have done better than he did.  If I'm not mistaken, Latinos and blacks voted in nearly equal numbers, even though Latinos far outnumber blacks in CA.  It didn't help matters that Arnold split the Latino vote pretty much evenly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies