Would you go to a church if it was giving out free pot to first time visitors?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:04:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Would you go to a church if it was giving out free pot to first time visitors?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Would you go to a church if it was giving out free pot to first time visitors?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Would you go to a church if it was giving out free pot to first time visitors?  (Read 12423 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
« edited: December 09, 2012, 04:02:14 PM by Frodo »

With inane questions like this, it boggles the mind (no pun intended) that you actually consider yourself religious at all.  

Do us a favor, and stick to the strip clubs. 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 04:06:56 PM »

With inane questions like this, it boggles the mind (no pun intended) that you actually consider yourself religious at all. 

Do us a favor, and stick to the strip clubs. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »

I don't.

Also: http://ccguide.org/bible.php
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2012, 05:47:56 PM »

I'm not going to follow that link. However, this whole "I like Jesus, not religion" thing is utter and complete crap of the most pretentious variety. You go to a "church" with "services", right? Stop pretending you're somehow above the concept of religion yet still worshiping a deity. And in the case that your claim to not being religious is actually an admittance that you've dropped the false Christianity, no big surprise.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »

We had a sermon series called "Exchanging the Bad News of the Church for the Good News of Jesus". Sounds very pro-religion indeed.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/religion
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 07:14:03 PM »

Replace pushy sales guy with touchy feely people with bad haircuts.

Considering how defensive you are of often attacked old men who wear funny dresses and funny hats it's kind of odd how dismissive you'd be of other Christians like here.

A fair # of priests are gay- impeccably coiffed.  Of course, a not insignificant # of priests are also touchy feely but well you know...  {redacted}
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »

Simfan's suite says yes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

I don't.

Supposedly Jesus said alcohol is bad and cannabis is good, and is the "wine" of the eucharist.  No, I'm pretty sure when Jesus said the wine was his blood poured out as the New Covenant he wasn't talking about a some joint he was passing around.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »

I don't.

Supposedly Jesus said alcohol is bad and cannabis is good, and is the "wine" of the eucharist.  No, I'm pretty sure when Jesus said the wine was his blood poured out as the New Covenant he wasn't talking about a some joint he was passing around.

But given the effects of pot, who knows what else was being passed around? Wink

[/light blasphemy]
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 11:50:39 PM »

I don't agree with everything on that page, but it makes great points about cannabis in the Bible, and that Jesus healed using it. Jesus was a medical marijuana practioner.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

I don't agree with everything on that page, but it makes great points about cannabis in the Bible, and that Jesus healed using it. Jesus was a medical marijuana practioner.

I heard he fronted a pretty sick screamo band and made it rain at da club too.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:29 AM »

Nope. The ancient Hebrew word for cannabis was not 'kineboisin'. The etymology of the English word is entirely Indo-European.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »

No. I don't smoke pot. Even if I did you'd have to offer a significant amount of it to make it worth my time.

It also speaks to what you really think about your message when you feel that you need to bribe people to get them to listen to it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »

No. I don't smoke pot. Even if I did you'd have to offer a significant amount of it to make it worth my time.

Well even if it's just a dimebag that's still well above the minimum wage. Worth your time if you're not scheduled to work then anyway (Actually I could make the value of a dimebag in one hour of overtime if I could sign up for that at the time, but even if I wasn't a believer going to church is easier than actually working. I mean it consists of handraising, dancing and watching someone who is likely quite charismatic and funny preach.)

It also speaks to what you really think about your message when you feel that you need to bribe people to get them to listen to it.

Well then wasn't that church here basically bribing people with the possibility of rent money?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2012, 12:36:34 PM by HockeyDude »

Is it not part of some sects of Christianity that people are lost and clueless UNTIL they are given the message?  While I find it repugnant (the idea, not those who would practice evangelism), it does make sense that a true believer of salvation through Jesus would be willing to go to any lengths just to get people in the door.  Actually, if I was friends with a true evangelist, I'd be kind of offended if they WEREN'T trying to get me to go to church. 

danny
Israel

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2012, 03:38:31 PM by danny »

No. I don't go to church, pray or smoke pot. So there is no incentive at all for me in this.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Well even if it's just a dimebag that's still well above the minimum wage. Worth your time if you're not scheduled to work then anyway (Actually I could make the value of a dimebag in one hour of overtime if I could sign up for that at the time, but even if I wasn't a believer going to church is easier than actually working. I mean it consists of handraising, dancing and watching someone who is likely quite charismatic and funny preach.)

My salary already puts me well above minimum wage, so my time essentially worth more than a dime bag an hour. The value of the pot aside, I'd still rather buy the pot myself and spend my time doing something I consider worthwhile.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well then wasn't that church here basically bribing people with the possibility of rent money?[/quote]

Yes. Did I say their offering was any different?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

I don't.

Don't tell me you think that site is credible.  Roll Eyes
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_FLr-Ntm34

Felt relevant
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »

My salary already puts me well above minimum wage, so my time essentially worth more than a dime bag an hour. The value of the pot aside, I'd still rather buy the pot myself and spend my time doing something I consider worthwhile.

I too make significantly more than the price of a dimebag per hour, but as noted I would find this much easier.

I don't.

Don't tell me you think that site is credible.  Roll Eyes

As stated, I don't agree with all of it obviously. But let's imagine that this question was instead you get a free alcohol shot if you go...oh wait you already do (unless they're using grape juice.) Well then you can't see pot as particularly insane, it's obvious from the Colorado and Washington election results that plenty of Christians don't have a problem with it.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »

Wine is symbolic of the blood of Christ -I do not understand how you think pot belongs in a church, and has anything to do with the faith. 

The fact that you even make this comparison shows that I take Christianity more seriously than you -and I am not even a baptized Christian (yet). 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »

Wine is symbolic of the blood of Christ -I do not understand how you think pot belongs in a church, and has anything to do with the faith. 

The fact that you even make this comparison shows that I take Christianity more seriously than you -and I am not even a baptized Christian (yet). 

BTRD is not a religious.  I think he tries to be more Christ-like than Christian. 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2012, 11:00:55 PM »

Agreed, I'm not sure where pot is supposed to come into play in the service. It seems like a cheap kind of expensive gimmick.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »

Now that is very good.  Excellent.  You may be onto something there.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies