Travesty: Abhisit Vejjajiva charged with 'murder' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:58:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Travesty: Abhisit Vejjajiva charged with 'murder' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Travesty: Abhisit Vejjajiva charged with 'murder'  (Read 8684 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:02 PM »

Between monarchist corrupt bastards and democratically elected populist corrupt bastards the latter is preferable.
^This
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

Between monarchist corrupt bastards and democratically elected populist corrupt bastards the latter is preferable.
^This

Not so, naives.  Democracy is worse for rich white foreign men, as I explained quite clearly above:
FTFY
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »

As a side note, that wiki map seems like an oversimplification that's really misleading. Ontario's and Sweden's laws would both be shown as blue on there, but as people have pointed out they're extremely different.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »

I definitely don't see prostitution as just another form of manual labor, but the argument that legalizing it would allow for it to be regulated better and lead to better conditions for the women involved overall seems persuasive to me. I'm inclined to support legalization as the lesser of the evils.

Regardless, I think the social stigmatization of working as a prostitute definitely has to end. I'd imagine a good amount of the trauma caused by being a prostitute comes not just from the work itself but also the shame that society makes you feel for it, having to hide your job (or your past, since the stigma of having been a prostitute in the past stays with you even if are no longer involved) from friends, family, and potential romantic partners, etc. I don't know if legalization would have any effect on that but I think it's more of a social/cultural issue more than a legal one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies