An Apology
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:07:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  An Apology
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Apology  (Read 851 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »

During my time on this forum, I've been known to ruffle plenty of feathers.  If you are one of those people, then I hope that you will read this.  As nearly all of you who are familiar with me and my posting history know, I am passionate about civil rights and civil rights history.  (But contrary to popular misconception, I am indeed white, not black.)  And in the midst of that I have jokingly said some things that were bigoted and hateful toward Southerners.  Although I must admit that those feelings are real, I would like to apologize for voicing them.  I will try not to continue making such posts, and if I do, please feel free to report me.  Thank you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »

Congratulations. This is even dumber than any of your previous posts.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

I think you are good guy Oldies, just very eccentric political views Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »

You're time?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »

I thought you were coming out as a troll, for my two cents.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »

During my time on this forum, I've been known to ruffle plenty of feathers.  If you are one of those people, then I hope that you will read this.  As nearly all of you who are familiar with me and my posting history know, I am passionate about civil rights and civil rights history.  (But contrary to popular misconception, I am indeed white, not black.)  And in the midst of that I have jokingly said some things that were bigoted and hateful toward Southerners.  Although I must admit that those feelings are real, I would like to apologize for voicing them.  I will try not to continue making such posts, and if I do, please feel free to report me.  Thank you.

This is ridiculous.  So you apologize to Southerners for calling them racist, but you apparently still think the Democrats are the party of slavery?
BTW who would ever think you are black?  I certainly never did.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

But contrary to popular misconception, I am indeed white, not black.

rofl
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »

I understand the region has an ugly history, but there's no reason to keep these sort of feelings within yourself in 2012. Maybe you'll get over them in the coming years.

And I sincerely apologize if I've come across as mean-spirited in my interactions with you. You're a very nice person, but you've allowed your partisanship+hatred of the South to warp some of your views.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »

Maybe Oldiesfreak dreams of becoming Black, kind of Michael Jackson reverse?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »

How?  Like many of the forumites, I have Asperger's (alongside Tourette's and OCD), and so a lot of my fellow Aspies on here probably understand that I get passionate and, as such, will say offensive things.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »

How?  Like many of the forumites, I have Asperger's (alongside Tourette's and OCD), and so a lot of my fellow Aspies on here probably understand that I get passionate and, as such, will say offensive things.

Don't you dare. I do have Asperger's and I can testify this doesn't in any way explain the disconcerting silliness of your posts.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »

FTR, I'd much rather live in Charleston than any city in Michigan. I can take southern hate just fine. Wink
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »

This is ridiculous.  So you apologize to Southerners for calling them racist, but you apparently still think the Democrats are the party of slavery?
BTW who would ever think you are black?  I certainly never did.

Yes, this is almost as ridiculous as your existence.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »

Well, we all say stuff we regret man.  I mean, I really really don't like Jews, but I don't say that kind of stuff on the forum now!  I mean, who knows how ignorant that might make me come off, even if the perception is that Jews are greedy money grabbing big nosed motherf***ers who hate Christmas?

Don't worry man, you're going through a phase.  Eventually you'll come to realize that black isn't always black and white isn't always white and that there's a "grey" dimension to everything.  For instance, I have no idea what the hell to call your views.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »

Don't you dare. I do have Asperger's and I can testify this doesn't in any way explain the disconcerting silliness of your posts.

I'm not defending him for...whatever it is he did, but in absolute fairness, no disorder affects two people in the exact same way.

as someone with OCD, I can testify that, considering his age and also his Asperger's - that actually explains a lot.

Oldiesfreak, the first step in overcoming your bizarre prejudices against Southerners and Democrats is admitting you have a problem. So keep it up. You are on your road to recovery.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:12 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2012, 11:58:13 PM by Fillon, laisse pas béton ! »

I'm not defending him for...whatever it is he did, but in absolute fairness, no disorder affects two people in the exact same way.

as someone with OCD, I can testify that, considering his age and also his Asperger's - that actually explains a lot.

Again, I can tell you that you are wrong about Asperger, and even if it might affect people differently, there is absolutely nothing in Asperger that affects Oldies' quirks. Honestly, I don't even think there is any difference whatsoever between an Asperger's and a non-Asperger's in terms of posting style. But what about OCD? From what I know, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with holding bizarre and irrational beliefs of all sorts.

Sorry if I insist, but people who justify their lousy posting with mental disorders are one of my pet peeves.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »

Again, I can tell you that you are wrong about Asperger, and even if it might affect people differently, there is absolutely nothing in Asperger that affects Oldies' quirks. Honestly, I don't even think there is any difference whatsoever between an Asperger's and a non-Asperger's in terms of posting style. But what about OCD? From what I know, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with holding bizarre and irrational beliefs of all sorts.

Sorry if I insist, but people who justify their lousy posting with mental disorders are one of my pet peeves.

See, I had no idea Antonio has Aspergers up to this point.  Hell, I'm a MUCH WORSE poster than he is and I don't have that excuse.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies