Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children  (Read 27741 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
« edited: December 14, 2012, 03:33:28 PM by Paul Kemp »

It looks like the first one.  His Facebook page is down, and there were no updates.

How about you stop trying to play internet detective and just let everything play out?

Also, do you have a link for that? As his page was private, I'm curious how you know that. The screenshots posted were from those who were apparently Facebook friends and went to Quinni with him.

http://gawker.com/5968551/this-ryan-lanza-facebook-profile-is-the-connecticut-shooter-stuff-is-ing-up-everything

I'm not saying this can't be some sort of hoax by some fcuked up individuals but let's wait before throwing things out there.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

It looks like the first one.  His Facebook page is down, and there were no updates.
I think it's pretty clear by now that it's not either of those two people. Not everybody has a social page on the internet, you know.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2012, 03:37:28 PM by Simfan34 »

There was actually a guy named Giovanni Lanza who was the Prime Minister of Italy from 1869-1873 ...

What on earth does this have to do with anything?

But how many times must this happen? How many times must innocents die until we wake up and say "enough is enough"! People say it's disrespectful to make this political so soon, and really what they mean is that it's bad business to talk about gun control, ever. What's disrespectful is never looking at the issue in the face and deciding to do something for once. America needs to talk gun control. Now. Not tomorrow. Not next year. Now.

How many people must die so that some can maintain the delusion that their "constitutional" right to overthrow the government can be maintained?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »

It looks like the first one.  His Facebook page is down, and there were no updates.

How about you stop trying to play internet detective and just let everything play out?

Also, do you have a link for that? As his page was private, I'm curious how you know that. The screenshots posted were from those who were apparently Facebook friends with him.

I do spend most of my time playing "Internet detective." 

I typed his name into Google and it came up.  He is a public figure, unfortunately. 

There was a Facebook page on him, the one on Fox, and it has vanished.  If he were still on Facebook, it would appear. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »

It looks like the first one.  His Facebook page is down, and there were no updates.

Agreed, J.J., c'mon.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »

Hmmm, I see a lot of pearl-clutching around here from my comment. I bet there was the same reaction from those people when the usual right-wingers said seriously the exact same thing that I said sarcastically.

https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/279617357855457280

And I'm doubly sure that they were just appalled when they learned yesterday that the Michigan legislature passed a law that allowed concealed handguns in classrooms.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/sweeping_changes_in_michigans.html

Yeah, not hypocrites at all.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2012, 03:42:29 PM by Paul Kemp »

I do spend most of my time playing "Internet detective."  

Well you aren't a very good one, Lt. Dangle.

If he were still on Facebook, it would appear.  

Not if he disabled it, which he couldn't do...if he was DEAD.

Also, New York Post (take with that what you will) is now reporting the shooter was an ADAM Lanza.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/potential_connecticut_school_shooting_8HMOSbP38TXwSYYsVGkYLO

Quick! Every one look up all the Adam Lanzas we can find!!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »

Hmmm, I see a lot of pearl-clutching around here from my comment. I bet there was the same reaction from those people when the usual right-wingers said seriously the exact same thing that I said sarcastically.

They don't post here, you do......stfu
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 03:39:53 PM »

But how many times must this happen? How many times must innocents die until we wake up and say "enough is enough"! People say it's disrespectful to make this political so soon, and really what they mean is that it's bad business to talk about gun control, ever. What's disrespectful is never looking at the issue in the face and deciding to do something for once. America needs to talk gun control. Now. Not tomorrow. Not next year. Now.

No, nothing will come of this.  The sooner you accept that, and await the next murderous rampage, the easier it'll be.  Trust me.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »

Meh, I'd've left the last four letters off, but otherwise you stole my comment. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 03:40:51 PM »

Meh, I'd've left the last four letters off, but otherwise you stole my comment. Sad

I'm not as nice as you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »

Also, I can't believe Tony Danza would stoop this low.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »

There was actually a guy named Giovanni Lanza who was the Prime Minister of Italy from 1869-1873 ...

What on earth does this have to do with anything?

How many people must die so that some can maintain the delusion that their "constitutional" right to overthrow the government can be maintained?

Simfan, I know I've been tough on you but I commend you for this post.

I'm not saying one has to be pro or anti gun control but we need a strong national dialogue on this, including guns, mental health, and the society that we live in.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »

The site would, in the case of someone notorious (though there already a fake profile on him).

As for him living in the area, at least at some point, I checked an on-line telephone book and found someone of that name living in the area.  Lanza isn't exactly "Smith."
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2012, 03:46:02 PM »

I don't think any gun control would stop these kind of things... they'll just find a different weapon.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims.

Do you really think he could have knifed 27 people to death? I guess he could have used a crossbow, but that's about it...

I'm support gun control, but the truth are that massacre like this, could still happen. Yes with gun control we would likely not see the standard school shooting where a students shoot other students. But when the killer is a adult, gun control doesn't help a lot (as we can see in the similar cases in Germany). Even in Denmark a country with gun control, I could get access to firearms if I really wanted to. It wouldn't be as easy as in USA and I would need money, but I could get them. Alternative I could make a bomb, again while it demands time and money it would be quite possible.
So this is case is an bad argument for gun control.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »

Why, J. J.?  What are you trying to achieve?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »

The site would, in the case of someone notorious (though there already a fake profile on him).

As for him living in the area, at least at some point, I checked an on-line telephone book and found someone of that name living in the area.  Lanza isn't exactly "Smith."

We've already determined that there's a Ryan Lanza in the area but what about every thing else?

Also, there are the reports that it was an ADAM Lanza and that Ryan is his brother.

Either way, why do we need to see his Facebook? Besides you of course being able to say "hey look what I found! I can use Google!"...

Why, J. J.?  What are you trying to achieve?

It's just another exercise in his inability to admit he's wrong when he's wrong.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2012, 03:49:07 PM »

My faith in the second amendment is shaken for the first time in my life. My God, this is so horrible. I heard about it in school when my teacher got a text message and announced it. I have not been able to stop thinking about this since then.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »

No, nothing will come of this.  The sooner you accept that, and await the next murderous rampage, the easier it'll be.  Trust me.

Agreed.

Rinse and repeat.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »

J.J. and px's war of the outrageous is something to see.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/279617357855457280

And I'm doubly sure that they were just appalled when they learned yesterday that the Michigan legislature passed a law that allowed concealed handguns in classrooms.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/sweeping_changes_in_michigans.html

Yeah, not hypocrites at all.

For the record, I called out anyone making political/ideological points about gun control/rights right now.

And the comment about the Italian Prime Minister was just bizarre.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »

Obama's statements on this were very powerful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HKL6S3LEw6c#!

It's a good thing this country prioritizes low taxes and the rights of paranoid rednecks over mental healthcare and gun control.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »

And the comment about the Italian Prime Minister was just bizarre.

I googled the last name and Google turned this up. This comment is not bizarre.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »

Obama playing his role very well, with dramatic and emotional pauses, his role as the grief-stricken hand-wringing father of the nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mIA0W69U2_Y
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »

This makes me sick to my stomach, if we can't ensure elementary school children can go to school without the risk of being SHOT... I can't even.

This is just horrible and while I believe in strict gun-control, the focus should be on these poor people, especially the children. Asking the questions soon, cannot be avoided, but I expect the same BS as always happens.

RIP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies