Change of Allegiance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:11:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Change of Allegiance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change of Allegiance  (Read 6092 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: April 01, 2004, 11:27:09 AM »
« edited: April 01, 2004, 11:28:49 AM by Michael Z »

I would like to announce that I have switched allegiance to the Republican Party. I've also changed my avatar to Wyoming because it's always been my favourite state.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 11:31:30 AM »

I've decided that Bush is the right man for the Presidency. John Kerry is just a bleeding-heart liberal who hates America and supports terrorists.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:34:51 AM »

Yep. April fool! Smiley
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 04:15:15 PM »

In the Uk and loads of us where trying to get Glastonbury Festival tickets… we where talking online at the same time… the festival ticket site had crashed and the phone lines where collapsing (link http://www.nme.com/news/108067.htm OR http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3595387.stm ) … at about nine pm I suggested it was a really bad April fools… sadly it was not…  of course we didnt not a get a freaking ticket despite most of us being up and on line from 8pm till 4am! We found somewhere else up in Scotland (T in the park festival and the line up is way better)… but if ya want an April fools day that has gotta be one of the worst… dame hippy farmer and his faulty phone lines!  

Last time I went to Glastonbury was when tickets were still £70 a piece... which means I went a looooong time ago. Of course in those days you could climb the fence with no problems, so in actual fact I didn't spend a dime. Ah, memories. Who's headlining this year? Anyway, sorry to hear about that problem with the tickets. Lol, "damn hippie farmer" - suck it to Michael Eavis!
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 11:39:21 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2004, 11:40:06 AM by Michael Z »

Lol, "damn hippie farmer" - suck it to Michael Eavis!

Pretty much what me and my friends where saying all night as well...

Headliners this year where...

Paul McCartney

Oasis

Muse

Not great but these where also playing... Kings of Leon, Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, Morrissey, PJ Harvey,  James Brown, Black Rebel Motor cycle club... oh well...

Dunno, Muse kinda sound worth it, they're one of the few contemporary British bands I've got time for. OK, so they copy shamelessly from Jeff Buckley and Radiohead, but then again show me one British band from the last 15 years that has managed to be totally original in some way... apart from Radiohead, of course... and even they lose novelty once you listen to the Aphex Twin or Laurie Anderson. But I don't wanna ramble on too much.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wish I had gone last year. I so wish I had. Seriously, I was watching the highlights on TV, with Radiohead, Flaming Lips (who have to be one of the best live bands ever), etc and it definitely looked like the best Glasto in ages. Gah, envy. Anyway, hope you have a good time at T In The Park. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies