Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!  (Read 33187 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

For the record, the Governor need not have to answer on behalf of my actions. I have done what I have done and continue to do because I am me and that me has certain obligations as a member of the IDS Militia. The Governor's decision to remain neutral would seem only a clever bit of realpolitik in order to protect the well-being of his citizens. The claims that what is being undertaken by the IDS are anything wrong are entirely without merit. The peaceniks in this country are ridiculous and doubtlessly would have called the Atlasian Revolution a violation of the rights of the British, and attempts to battle slave power and secession in the Civil War as violating human rights.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2013, 04:59:20 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2013, 02:58:36 PM by ZuWo »

Mideast Senate Race Update

Last voter: Gass

First ballot:

1. TJ: 11 (Cathcon, ZuWo, DC, Anton Kreitzer, A-Bob, RogueBeaver, Miles, Reaganfan, Inks, mattyman, Oldiesfreak)
2. Talleyrand: 10 (Ben, Ghostwhite, Njall, Oakvale, Sir John Johns, Badger, Mr. X, batmacumba, Talleyrand, Gass)
3. Siren: 8 (OAM, a Person, shua, Clinton, TDAS04, nclib, Vosem, Siren)
4. JCL: 3 (Bmotley, Spiral, JCL)

Second ballot:

1. TJ: 14 (Cathcon, ZuWo, DC, Anton Kreitzer, Bmotley, Spiral, A-Bob, RogueBeaver, Miles, Reaganfan, JCL, Inks, mattyman, Oldiesfreak)
2. Talleyrand: 10 (Ben, Ghostwhite, Njall, Oakvale, Sir John Johns, Badger, Mr. X, batmacumba, Talleyrand, Gass)
3. Siren: 8 (OAM, a Person, shua, Clinton, TDAS04, nclib, Vosem, Siren)

Third ballot:

1. TJ: 16 (Cathcon, ZuWo, DC, Anton Kreitzer, Bmotley, Spiral, shua, A-Bob, RogueBeaver, Miles, Reaganfan, JCL, Inks, mattyman, Oldiesfreak, Vosem)
2. Talleyrand: 16 (Ben, Ghostwhite, Njall, Oakvale, Sir John Johns, Badger, OAM, a Person, Mr. X, Clinton, TDAS04, nclib, batmacumba, Siren, Talleyrand, Gass)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:19 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2013, 02:59:30 PM by ZuWo »

Race for President (Mideast)

Last voter: Gass

First ballot:

1. Matt/Maxwell: 17 (Bmotley, Spiral, Cathcon, ZuWo, DC, Anton Kreitzer, shua, A-Bob, RogueBeaver, Miles, TDAS04, Reaganfan, JCL, Inks, mattyman, Oldiesfreak, Vosem)
2. Nix/DemPGH: 13 (Ben, OAM, Ghostwhite, a Person, Njall, Badger, Mr. X, Clinton, nclib, batmacumba, Siren, Talleyrand, Gass)
3. Xahar/Hashemite: 1 (Sir John Johns)
4. Oakvale/BK: 1 (Oakvale)

Second ballot:

1. Matt/Maxwell: 17 (Bmotley, Spiral, Cathcon, ZuWo, DC, Anton Kreitzer, shua, A-Bob, RogueBeaver, Miles, TDAS04, Reaganfan, JCL, Inks, mattyman, Vosem, Oldiesfreak)
2. Nix/DemPGH: 13 (Ben, OAM, Ghostwhite, a Person, Njall, Badger, Mr. X, Clinton, nclib, batmacumba, Siren, Talleyrand, Gass)
3. Xahar/Hashemite: 2 (Sir John Johns, Oakvale)

Third ballot:

1. Matt/Maxwell: 17 (Bmotley, Spiral, Cathcon, ZuWo, DC, Anton Kreitzer, shua, A-Bob, RogueBeaver, Miles, TDAS04, Reaganfan, JCL, Inks, mattyman, Vosem, Oldiesfreak)
2. Nix/DemPGH: 15 (Ben, OAM, Ghostwhite, a Person, Njall, Badger, Sir John Johns, Oakvale, Mr. X, Clinton, nclib, batmacumba, Siren, Talleyrand, Gass)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2013, 02:24:53 AM by ZuWo »

Mideast Amendment/Referendum Tracker

Inactivity Amendment

Last voter: Oldiesfreak

14 Ayes - 78%
4 Nays - 22%

Mideast Electoral Reform Act

Last voter: Cathcon

8 Ayes - 40%
12 Nays - 60%

Invalid: Junkie, Hiwazzup

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2013, 11:48:02 PM by ZuWo »

Predictions

Mideast Senate Race

Too close to call

Presidential Race (Mideast)

Matt/Maxwell will win a majority of votes in the Mideast

Inactivity Amendment

AYE

Mideast Electoral Reform Act

NAY
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »

Most of these votes and elections are incredibly close but regardless of their outcome I am very glad to see that so many Mideasterners have turned out to vote. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »

Superior Court Judge: Please apply for the position

With TJ's election to the Senate the office of Mideast Superior Court Judge is going to be vacated. I encourage all Mideasterners who are interested in serving in this highly prestigious function to contact me and apply for the job.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2013, 08:20:04 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2013, 04:01:17 PM by ZuWo »

For the record, the "Mideast Electoral Reform Act" failed and the "Inactivity Amendment" was adopted.

Once again, if you are interested in becoming the region's next Superior Court Judge please PM me or Lt. Governor Cathcon. It's the ideal office for someone who is able to think critically, knows the Mideast Constitution and isn't planning to run for another office in the next months. All in all, the job is not very time-consuming but it requires that you are available if necessary. If you do your job right you can basically remain in the office for as long as you want.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »

Mideast Superior Court Judge Pick Announced

Cathcon and I are proud to announce our appointee for the office of Mideast Superior Court Judge:

Junkie, former member of the Mideast Assembly, the Atlasian Senate and former Attorney General

We believe that Junkie's resume speaks for itself so when he expressed interest in the office we had no doubt that he would be the right person for this position. We hope the Assembly will confirm the appointment of Junkie. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2013, 03:09:53 AM »

I thank the outgoing Superior Court Judge TJ for his service and his final ruling. Indeed, his ruling in the case Inks. v. the Mideast Region is important because it provides me and future voting booth administrators of the Mideast with a legal framework when dealing with the question of what constitutes a case of campaigning in the voting booth.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

Mideast Superior Court Judge Pick Announced

Cathcon and I are proud to announce our appointee for the office of Mideast Superior Court Judge:

Junkie, former member of the Mideast Assembly, the Atlasian Senate and former Attorney General

We believe that Junkie's resume speaks for itself so when he expressed interest in the office we had no doubt that he would be the right person for this position. We hope the Assembly will confirm the appointment of Junkie. Smiley

Thank you for the nomination.  I hope I can live up to the legacy of those who came before me.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2013, 07:05:47 AM by ZuWo »

Monthly Gubernatorial Newsletter (June Edition)

Elections

- Nix/DemPGH (Labor/Liberal) win the election for President.
- TJ (Federalist) wins the election for Mideast Senator.

Appointment

- Governor ZuWo and Lt. Governor Cathcon appoint Junkie as the new Mideast Superior Court Judge.

Legislation passed by the Mideast Assembly

- Freedom of Religion Amendment
- Amendment to the Question the Power Act
- Adequate Bill Consideration and Deliberation Act
- Mideast Electoral Reform Act
- The Inactivity Amendment
- Informed Voters Act

Legislation in debate

- Mideast Environmental Protection Incentives Act
- Mideast Budget 2013
- Mideast Mass-Transit Reform Act
- Repeal of the Mideast High Speed Rail Act

Legislation rejected by the Assembly

- A Bill to Commemorate Atlasia's Greatest Citizen

Legislation rejected by the people

- Mideast Electoral Reform Act

Regional amendments adopted by the people

- Federal Amendment Amendment 2
- Freedom of Religion Amendment
- Inactivity Amendment

Regional court case

- Inks.LWC vs. the Mideast Region

Approval ratings of Mideastern officeholders

- Poll conducted by A-Bob Research Center
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »

- Governor ZuWo and Lt. Governor ZuWo appoint Junkie as the new Mideast Superior Court Judge.

Consolidating power now, I see.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2013, 02:04:43 AM »

- Governor ZuWo and Lt. Governor ZuWo appoint Junkie as the new Mideast Superior Court Judge.

Surprised I haven't gotten a request for a sock investigation as a result of this yet... Grin
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2013, 07:05:22 AM »

A Freudian slip, nothing more. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »

State of the Region Address

We are going to publish a "State of the Region Address" in a couple of days. We are going to look back on the first third and outline what we are planning to do in the remainder of our term.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2013, 05:16:40 AM »

Mideast Assembly Election

Candidates who wish to run for Assembly this month must announce their candidacy in the "Candidate Declaration Thread". Per the Mideast constitution, the deadline for such announcements is 48 hours before the earliest possible commencement of the election. So far the following Mideasterners have declared their candidacies:

- Inks (incumbent)
- Njall (incumbent)
- Oldiesfreak (incumbent)
- Bmotley (incumbent)
- MustCrushCapitalism

If six or more candidates declare their intention to run for Assembly the next Assembly will consist of five members.

The election will be held on the weekend from July 18 to 21.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »

State of the Region Address

The last weeks have been difficult for Atlasia. While we have seen an exciting high-turnout election for President and an incredibly close race for Mideast Senator, the political and economic stability of our nation have been shaken to the core. A tiny group of Pacific officeholders have abused the trust the citizens of their region have placed in them and attacked one of the main pillars of our country: its federal character and regional diversity. It now looks as if these attempts will turn out to be futile, but the turmoil which followed this coup has had a devastating impact on the unemployment rate in Atlasia. We all know the individuals and political groups that are responsible for the misery of the many unemployed workers in the Pacific and we expect that they will bear the political consequences for their damaging actions.

In fact, one does not need to look very far to see that regionalism has been a great success for Atlasia. With some exceptions the Northeast and the IDS have had active legislatures for months or even years. Additionally, the Midwest has recovered in an unexpected way under the leadership of Governor Maxwell. And finally, the Mideast continues to be a beacon of hope for those who believe in the advantages of federalism and strong regions. All it takes for a region to be active and successful is a group of individuals who dedicate their energy, time and their ideas to the well-being and progress of their region. Cathcon and I are proud to lead a region abound with citizens who share this spirit.

My Lt. Governor and I are satisfied with what has been achieved during the May-July session of the Mideast Assembly. Two constitutional amendments, the “Freedom of Religion Amendment” (sponsored by a Person) and the “Inactivity Amendment” have been approved by the people. Additionally, we have amended the “Question the Power Act”, passed the “Adequate Bill Consideration and Deliberation Act” (sponsored by shua) and the “Informed Voters Act” (sponsored by a Person). Moreover, the people had their say on the “Mideast Electoral Reform Act” and while the executive branch of the Mideast would have liked to see a different outcome of the secret ballot proposal we are glad about the high level of participation in this and other regional votes and elections. Several bills are still in debate or about to be brought to the Assembly floor so this is going to be one of the most productive legislative sessions in the history of the Mideast. We are also happy to see that Bmotley and Njall are highly promising new faces in the regional Assembly.

Indeed, the efforts of the Lt. Governor, myself and the members of the Assembly are focused on passing a budget for the coming fiscal year right now. We had hoped to pass a budget by the beginning of July so we apologize for the slight delay. Nevertheless, our estimates show that our region will once again make a surplus. This and the fact that we have the lowest unemployment rate in Atlasia are truly tremendous news for the Mideast!

The Mideast is in strong shape, both politically and economically. Cathcon and I are determined to protect, preserve and improve past achievements and we will continue to do so in a prudent and pragmatic manner. We believe that political and ideological diversity makes the Mideast strong so we will continue to seek common solutions with those who consider themselves part of the opposition.

Dave bless the Mideast! Smiley

Governor ZuWo, Lt. Governor Cathcon
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2013, 07:38:21 AM »

With barfbag's, Waukesha County's and Cappuccino's registrations, the Mideast now has more than 50 citizens. Indeed, the number of Mideast citizens has more than doubled in the last 14 months! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »

With barfbag's, Waukesha County's and Cappuccino's registrations, the Mideast now has more than 50 citizens. Indeed, the number of Mideast citizens has more than doubled in the last 14 months! Smiley
This is what happens when you have fun, competitive elections!! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2013, 05:38:17 AM »

I'd like to welcome Space and cheesepizza to Atlasia and the Mideast Region! Smiley While they won't be able to cast a ballot in the regional elections beginning on Thursday because of the seven-day waiting period, I hope they will like the game and stick around.

As of right now, the following candidates are running for a seat in the Mideast Assembly:

Inks* (Federalist)
Oldiesfreak* (Federalist)
Bmotley* (Federalist)
JCL (Federalist)

shua* (Liberal)

Njall* (Labor)
MustCrushCapitalism (Labor)

* denotes "incumbent"

This is a very diverse field of candidates so I am hoping for an exciting high-turnout election.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »

Elections for Mideast Assembly: Vote!

The elections for Mideast Assembly have begun. Mideast citizens can cast their ballots in this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=176486.0
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »

The election for Mideast Assembly is over and all votes have been tallied. You can view the results in this thread. I'd like to congratulate Inks, Njall, Must Crush Capitalism, Bmotley and Oldiesfreak1854 on their victories.

Should a vacancy arise in the Assembly at any point during the next session shua and JCL, who have just come short of winning a seat, will receive preferential treatment.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2013, 03:01:39 PM by shua »

Did you count Miles' vote?

Edit: oh. I guess you did, you just don't have him listed at the beginning.  Why was cheesepizza's vote invalid?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

He was short of being registered a week before the election. Which if his vote were valid I and not Oldies would've been elected. Stupid tiebreakers.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies