Census population estimates 2011-2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:42:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Census population estimates 2011-2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census population estimates 2011-2019  (Read 181209 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: March 23, 2018, 06:21:45 PM »

Technology will mitigate this but 2020 may be the last census in which the sun belt gains significantly from the north due to climate change and natural disasters.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 03:03:18 AM »

Technology will mitigate this but 2020 may be the last census in which the sun belt gains significantly from the north due to climate change and natural disasters.

This might be the dumbest thing i've read all year.

Lol
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 08:17:09 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 08:28:57 PM by Jimmie »

Time to institute my plan in Illinois.

Pritzker is intituting the legal marijuana but I doubt he will institute my other plan.

Abolish all property taxes in the state of Illinois and all sales taxes in opportunity zones in Cook County and parts of downstate.

Edit: Also  I would nuke all public sector unions.

That should solve most of the mess in the state is causing people to leave.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »

Time to institute my plan in Illinois.

Pritzker is intituting the legal marijuana but I doubt he will institute my other plan.

Abolish all property taxes in the state of Illinois and all sales taxes in opportunity zones in Cook County and parts of downstate.

Edit: Also  I would nuke all public sector unions.

That should solve most of the mess in the state is causing people to leave.

The IL sales taxes are pretty much only assessed on purchases of physical items that disproportionately affect lower income groups. The state could earn 2 G$ or more by including services that are primarily used by upper income groups.

We should get together and make a budget plan for Illinois that is fair!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 03:51:04 AM »

You can't have high taxes and bad weather and keep people around in 21st century America.

On the other hand you can argue that Chicago has picture perfect from May - October. The reverse of Phoenix essentially.  Also there are no natural disasters that could destroy Chicago unlike many of these sun belt cities.

But the extremely harsh winters is literally the reason I never made the jump to move to Chicago.

IL, NY, it is sad.

Illinois won't be trending Republican because a lot of Republican voters are moving to AZ, FL, NC, NM.

Somewhat mitigated by a loss of black population but overall the state is shrinking and becoming more Democratic at the same time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies