Crapo arrested on DUI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:06:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Crapo arrested on DUI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crapo arrested on DUI  (Read 8938 times)
Link
« on: December 25, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »

This isn't really a scandal unless there's some kind of gay angle.

Mormon BISHOP out drinking and driving in the wee hours of the morning?!

So Mr Family Values legislate everyone else's private life was taking an eggnog fueled spin around the Capitol.  Nice.  Nothing to see here folks.
Link
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2012, 08:01:25 PM by Link »

I can't believe people in this thread are defending drunk driving.

I can't believe the people in this thread who are so uneducated that they think 0.08% BAL equals "drunk" in 100% of the population 100% of the time.  No wonder the South Koreans are wiping the floor with us in science tests.
Link
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »

I can't believe people in this thread are defending drunk driving.

There are those on this forum who will say anything to get attention.  Tweed, Opebo, etc. will espouse insane and illogical and dangerous views because we react to them.

I think the strawman you are quoting is something that was designed just "to get attention."  If someone is drunk and driving that is clearly a problem and I don't see anyone in this thread defending that sort of behavior.  The problem with you and your attention seeking friend is somewhere along the way someone forgot to teach you, people are unique and no one with a high school level of science knowledge would ever make the ridiculous claim that one blood level obtained by a suspect test like a breathalyzer is definitive proof of the same level of mental impairment in 100% of the population 100% of the time.  And it is certainly not enough to label one person completely fine and one person a felon.  Breathalyzers and the 0.08% limit are a farce and a joke.

It's unbelievable in a first world country with a constitution people are routinely imprisoned with nothing more than a 0.08% breathalyzer result and the half @$$ed testimony of a cop.  I mean if 0.08% was used for something like a modest fine I could understand.  But a felony conviction?!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies