within the white vote, how do whites not born in the us vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:42:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  within the white vote, how do whites not born in the us vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: within the white vote, how do whites not born in the us vote?  (Read 1216 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: January 04, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »

Lean Dem.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »

Some Eastern European immigrants become right-wing Republicans.

Ahem. Smiley

I've never known an ex-Communist immigrant who voted Democratic. The only one I can think of who's even considered it is family friend, a Tajik (from the actual Tajikistan), who considered voting Democratic in 2010 due to the 'Ground Zero mosque' controversy but ultimately decided against it. (I don't know if you would count Central Asians as 'white', though...)

Now, the children of those immigrants are another matter, as for some reason they are actually quite frequently leftists. (Something similar has been noticed going on with the Cubans, where older generations vote Republican but the younger generations, born in this country, frequently outright lean D). I'm largely going on anecdote here, though, as I don't know where I might seek the numbers. And I'm referring largely to the children of those who immigrated in the '70s (these folks would've been born '70s-'80s) than my own generation. We don't vote Tongue

For immigrants from Canada and the traditional Cold War-era 'Western' bloc, it makes sense to assume a Democratic lean considering those countries political cultures, though I think somebody who would try to get US citizenship would be further to the right than the average person from those countries. But still.

Oh, our very pale Argentinian neighbors vote straight-ticket Democratic, if that's helpful.
Is this sample full of Brighton Beach voters? Most ex-Communist immigrants probably came to US during the 90s.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies