2014 Senate and House Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:16:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Senate and House Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2014 Senate and House Predictions  (Read 18617 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

Good, but I think MA would be a tossup at best if Brown ran.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »

Sean Patrick Maloney's seat we need more of an Economic Moderate R to win that seat. Hayworth was mostly a straight down the line Tea Partier. She wasn't a good fit for the district.
This is the first time my district's representative wasn't in the majority. So just pick a fairly electable fellow and hope for a good Republican year. Or don't, and let me be represented by a Democrat. That's okay too xD

....I miss John Hall.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »

The italics were for were whoever the incumbent is in 2014. If Brown wins, it's Lean R (except for a tossup), and if it's Markey it's a safe Democratic seat.  For the special election this year I think it's a tossup between the two.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 12:32:36 AM »

The italics were for were whoever the incumbent is in 2014. If Brown wins, it's Lean R (except for a tossup), and if it's Markey it's a safe Democratic seat.  For the special election this year I think it's a tossup between the two.

Ah, that makes more sense.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »

Sean Patrick Maloney's seat we need more of an Economic Moderate R to win that seat. Hayworth was mostly a straight down the line Tea Partier. She wasn't a good fit for the district.
This is the first time my district's representative wasn't in the majority. So just pick a fairly electable fellow and hope for a good Republican year. Or don't, and let me be represented by a Democrat. That's okay too xD

....I miss John Hall.

Republican Hamilton Fish held this seat from 1968 to 1994 and he was in the minority the whole time. 
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 04:10:28 PM »

....I miss John Hall.

Republican Hamilton Fish held this seat from 1968 to 1994 and he was in the minority the whole time. 

*first time since 1994. And Sean Patrick Maloney's situation is the opposite.
hopper
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:53 PM »

I think Lee Terry(R-NE 2) is very vunerable. He only won his seat by 2 points last year.

CA 31- I don't know on paper Miller looks vunerable but election time you don't know how thats gonna turn out. He is probably in a seat that is the most moderate district a Republican currently holds.

MI 11 only looks appetizing to the Dems because of the reindeer ranching tea partier that currently holds the seat.

I think the Republicans should eye CA-26 next cycle. Brownley is too liberal to hold that seat I think. Strickland was a "Moderate Conservative" and he still lost. Signing the "Norquist Tax Pledge" I think made him look polarizing.

CA-26 will probably not go back to Republicans absent a GOP wave. 

Maloney will be a far tougher target for Republicans than Hall was for several reasons.  The first is that the district shifted about a point to the left in redistricting.  The other big reason is that Maloney will raise an enormous amount of money, unlike Hall, who hated having to raise money and was a generally lazy campaigner. 
Well CA-26 did start out R+3 in redistricting I think. I don't think Brentwood is liberal either. I think the district is pretty "centrist" fiscally and doesn't want a hard line fiscal liberal. They only voted for Brownley I think because of Strickland signing "The Norquist Tax Pledge"as I said before.

Yeah John Hall got lucky because 2006 and 2008 were Dem wave years.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »

CA-26 was D+2 after redistricting and Strickland tried to fashion himself a moderate, but his record in the legislature was very conservative. CA-26 consist mostly of Ventura County and Oxnard weighs pretty heavily on the balance of the district. The NRCC didn't even buy airtime in that race.
hopper
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »

CA-26 was D+2 after redistricting and Strickland tried to fashion himself a moderate, but his record in the legislature was very conservative. CA-26 consist mostly of Ventura County and Oxnard weighs pretty heavily on the balance of the district. The NRCC didn't even buy airtime in that race.
Strickland only lost by 4(52-48%) though I think.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »

Strickland only lost by 4(52-48%) though I think.

It was actually 5.4%, 52.7% to 47.3%.
Reaganist404
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »

Senate: 51 GOP, 47 DEM, 2 IND (really DEM)

House: 248 GOP, 187 DEM

The non-incumbent party always gains in a midterm (especially in the House, but in the Senate too).
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »

The non-incumbent party always gains in a midterm (especially in the House, but in the Senate too).

Republicans are the incumbent party in the House. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »

Good yr for Dems as far as governorships and senate. Dems will control 49 seats 2 Ind and 49 GOP.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 05:13:52 PM »

Republicans are the incumbent party in the House. 
Pretty sure he's talking about the White House.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies