Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:08:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend  (Read 13281 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 08:55:26 AM »

The theory being floated about is he created "her" to deflect from it......he's in love with this hot hoochie so we know he's a straight boy.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 10:41:56 AM »

100% sure he was in on it. No other way to explain it. It may have been a prank initially, but he rolled with it and rode the story to national prominence.

Athletes are the best pranksters there are; no question it started that way. However that it got to where it is now, I think he's trying to save face.

gun to my head, I don't know what I think... who of us hasn't lied about fcking a chick or knowing a chick that we fcked or etc?  so as much as I, as much as you, would like to see him Crucified, we can't write off the Catfished angle.

Only way I'd like to see him get nailed is if he made money off of it, was going to try to, or if he was like Tebow and aggressively pestered people with his religion and the "look what God did for me" talk, then went and did this. Otherwise, I just think it's a pretty crazy prank. Sans the three things I mentioned, I don't think it really tarnishes him, although NFL scouts will want assured that he won't do anything nutso in the NFL, and I doubt he will.

As far as being hoaxed or frauded, I need some reason to think he would be THAT gullible or naive, and I don't have it. A national football star that some unknown girl at Stanford keeps standing up? Come on, now.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »

The theory being floated about is he created "her" to deflect from it......he's in love with this hot hoochie so we know he's a straight boy.

Yea I've read the theory elsewhere but there's absolutely nothing to back it up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »

Yea I've read the theory elsewhere but there's absolutely nothing to back it up.

There rarely is, but some thing where there's

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 12:32:28 PM »

There rarely is, but some thing where there's

I've seen nothing to indicate that's the case.

The more believable/probably case is that he concocted this for media attention and to increase Heisman chances.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:33 PM »

The more believable/probably case is that he concocted this for media attention and to increase Heisman chances.

That would be my guess......it's dominating the talk shows here and driving me nuts. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »

Is "Paul Kemp" Te'o's gay lover?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

Teo wasn't a Heisman contender at all when she "died" so I doubt that was part of the motive. No scheme like this would work THAT well.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Because there is nothing wrong with being gay.

There is something wrong with making up a girlfriend, and turning it into sob story just so he can get some attention.

So, yea.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »

...you don't think someone's gay just because there's nothing wrong with being gay. That doesn't explain suspicion.

"It's cold outside today!"
"Why do you say that? Is it because of the temperature?"
"No, because there's nothing wrong with it being cold outside."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »

The Notre Dame AD who stuck up for him now says Te'o needs to answer questions publicly....ohhhhhhyeah.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

...you don't think someone's gay just because there's nothing wrong with being gay. That doesn't explain suspicion.

"It's cold outside today!"
"Why do you say that? Is it because of the temperature?"
"No, because there's nothing wrong with it being cold outside."

Yea I don't even begin to understand that logic.

Also, why would someone think that someone wouldn't do something just because it's wrong? If that were the case, crime would cease to exist.

that don't make no sense
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »

I'm guessing he did this to get attention and inspire the himself and even the team to play better.  It's almost as bad as Lance Armstrong's problem.
wan
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »

Given the facts as we know them so far, at the very least this guy is a fraud - meaning he lied and played the media and maybe others. I don't think there's any way around that.
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »

I haven't really been following the whole thing closely, but really, how the  can you be tricked into thinking your girlfriend who never existed died?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »

I saw the woman who's pictures were being used as "Lennay Kekua" on Today show this morning. She was hot, and she needs to hook up with Te'o to put this into irrelevance.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »

it'd be a cute little post-postmodern You've Got Mail if O'Meara and Te'o got together after all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »

We should set this guy up with some of Anthony Weiners online lovers. We know they are real..Tongue
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »

A lot has come out since I last posted in this thread and I'm still not buying what Te'o is selling.

I don't even care so much about Te'o himself. It's the media (especially ESPN) buying every thing hook, line, and sinker without asking the real questions and relying on shoddy leads.

For example, yesterday ESPN reports that they have obtained Te'o's phone records showing that he was on the phone with the fake girl for hours. Phone records? No, it's actually an Excel spreadsheet given to ESPN by Te'o's camp.

Words don't express my disdain for ESPN. I've felt this way for years but this situation has magnified every thing I hate about them.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »

Why did the girl from the pic go on TV.  No one has alleged involvement on her part.  Now I'm suspicious.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »

This story is so bizarre. So Teo was talking to a guy all those nights and had no idea? The voicemails on Couric's site sounded like a girl - no idea whether he forged them to cover himself or not. I still have the suspicion that he is gay and desperately trying to cover it up before his football career is ruined. This story still doesn't make any sense, and unfortunately, Teo has a poor track record for telling the truth - so it is hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »

This whole thing is horribly fascinating. I feel terrible for the kid, but it just keeps getting more and more confusingly captivating.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:40 AM »

This story is so bizarre. So Teo was talking to a guy all those nights and had no idea? The voicemails on Couric's site sounded like a girl - no idea whether he forged them to cover himself or not. I still have the suspicion that he is gay and desperately trying to cover it up before his football career is ruined. This story still doesn't make any sense, and unfortunately, Teo has a poor track record for telling the truth - so it is hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That theory is very much alive out there.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »

He's either a complete moron or, at best, a not very smart liar.  Either way, I don't want him on my team.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:26 PM »

Am I the only one who parses his name as Te Manti Te'o, for whatever reason?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies