Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:09:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend  (Read 13330 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »

This is insane. Te'o was CATFISHED! But I expect he was in on it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:55 PM »

He had to have been in on it. Why else did he make such a big deal about someone he had never met, spoken to or anything. The guy who is allegedly behind the fake profile and name is a family friend of Te'o's. The story pushed him into the spotlight, which I expect is what they intended for it to do. There is almost no way he wasn't in on this, whether he was working with his pal to do it or he found out he was duped and just went with it and killed her off hoping it would go away.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

I don't buy that. It's pretty clear this girl isn't who Teo said she was. He admitted it. The picture was fake. Not sure what this guy is saying. My assumption is he and his friend hatched the idea to push him into the spotlight and get all this recognition. He may or may not be gay.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »

100% sure he was in on it. No other way to explain it. It may have been a prank initially, but he rolled with it and rode the story to national prominence.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »

This story is so bizarre. So Teo was talking to a guy all those nights and had no idea? The voicemails on Couric's site sounded like a girl - no idea whether he forged them to cover himself or not. I still have the suspicion that he is gay and desperately trying to cover it up before his football career is ruined. This story still doesn't make any sense, and unfortunately, Teo has a poor track record for telling the truth - so it is hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies