Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:26:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manti Te'o's Fake Dead Girlfriend  (Read 13307 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:02 PM »

This is terrible. I hope Deadspin missed something along the line but every thing seems to check out so far...

Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

So Te'o either got Catfish'd or is part of it. Unfortunate sign for humanity either way.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »

Here's ND's statement:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21563964/notre-dame-statement-teo-victim-of-a-hoax

Something still doesn't add up to me. It's entirely possible that ND is covering for one of their more famous players (and one who is entering this spring's NFL draft). I guess we'll have to see what additional details are released.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »

And here's Te'o's statement:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Yea that's fine and all except for the fact that he and his family have claimed to have met this girlfriend on numerous occasions, as pointed out by Deadspin.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »

Didn't they claim they "saw" her, not met her.  An online hoax is as real of a possibility as you can get......right, "Mr. Kemp"?  Wink

You have a better BS meter than that, Gramps Wink

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

Didn't they claim they "saw" her, not met her.  An online hoax is as real of a possibility as you can get......right, "Mr. Kemp"?  Wink

You have a better BS meter than that, Gramps Wink

Let me read the whole thing carefully.  One of the authors was on 93.7thefan.com and gave an interview.  It might be up there for you to hear.  He didn't discount the possibility it was an online hoax.  Listen carefully, my friend.

Listening to one of the authors on WLS-AM 890 on I Heart Radio right now.

I'm not discounting the possibility but it doesn't add up to me. What is behind these meetings? Either way, they're blatant lies.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »

Is it that guy with a feminine voice......that's who was on the fan......

Yep. Jack Dickey.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2013, 07:00:41 PM by Paul Kemp »

He'll still be a first rounder.......albeit an embarrassed one.

I'm not even sure he was before this but who knows...I mean if Tebow could get taken in the first so could Manti, although Te'o is far more deserving. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »

The most plausible explanation that doesn't make him a horrible person is that his dead girlfriend was meant to be a beard.

I guess he could've been embarrassed about having an online girlfriend but it still doesn't all add up.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »

ND is holding a news conference right now. It's on ESPNews.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 01:20:47 AM »

More twists and turns...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/two-people-joked-about-the-manti-teo-fake-girlfri
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 01:31:14 AM »

Based on recent "evidence," I'm siding more with Manti being incredibly naive and falling for a hoax but there are still a lot of unanswered questions:

- The supposed "meetings" at Stanford and Hawaii
- The source stated they were "80%" sure he was involved
- The apparent connections between Te'o and the accused

Also, wouldn't this guy try to get this girl on Skype or something? What gives? I guess I just don't have much respect for relationships that are conducted without any physical interaction.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 01:55:04 AM »

The only thing that would make this story better would be if the fake girlfriend turned out to be Jill Kelley.

Throw in a hike on the Appalachian Trail and I think we have a three picture deal.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »

OK now I'm back on the "he's in on it" side...

Te'o discussed fake girlfriend after he allegedly discovered hoax
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/21570427/teo-talked-about-fake-girlfriend-after-he-allegedly-found-out-about-hoax

Manti Te’o’s Teammates Had Their Doubts About Lennay Kekua
http://deadspin.com/5976762

The 11 Fishiest Quotes From Manti Te'o's September Interview About His Fake Girlfriend
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/the-11-fishiest-quotes-from-manti-teos-september
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:03 PM »

Why's that?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »

who of us hasn't lied about fcking a chick or knowing a chick that we fcked or etc? 

How is that even comparable?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »

The theory being floated about is he created "her" to deflect from it......he's in love with this hot hoochie so we know he's a straight boy.

Yea I've read the theory elsewhere but there's absolutely nothing to back it up.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 12:32:28 PM »

The theory being floated about is he created "her" to deflect from it......he's in love with this hot hoochie so we know he's a straight boy.

Yea I've read the theory elsewhere but there's absolutely nothing to back it up.

There rarely is, but some thing where there's

I've seen nothing to indicate that's the case.

The more believable/probably case is that he concocted this for media attention and to increase Heisman chances.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

...you don't think someone's gay just because there's nothing wrong with being gay. That doesn't explain suspicion.

"It's cold outside today!"
"Why do you say that? Is it because of the temperature?"
"No, because there's nothing wrong with it being cold outside."

Yea I don't even begin to understand that logic.

Also, why would someone think that someone wouldn't do something just because it's wrong? If that were the case, crime would cease to exist.

that don't make no sense
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »

A lot has come out since I last posted in this thread and I'm still not buying what Te'o is selling.

I don't even care so much about Te'o himself. It's the media (especially ESPN) buying every thing hook, line, and sinker without asking the real questions and relying on shoddy leads.

For example, yesterday ESPN reports that they have obtained Te'o's phone records showing that he was on the phone with the fake girl for hours. Phone records? No, it's actually an Excel spreadsheet given to ESPN by Te'o's camp.

Words don't express my disdain for ESPN. I've felt this way for years but this situation has magnified every thing I hate about them.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »

Stop.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies