Oklahoma vs. Utah vs. Kenya
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:27:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Oklahoma vs. Utah vs. Kenya
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ...
Oklahoma

Utah

Kenya

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Oklahoma vs. Utah vs. Kenya  (Read 2255 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 07:35:03 PM »

Kenya Utah because religious fundamentalism is worse in Oklahoma and Utah.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »

I voted Kenya, if only for being the birthplace of the President's father.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

Let's be honest guys, Utah is actually a pretty good looking place.  So yeah, I guess I'll go with that one, even with the Morons.

Hey, that's uncalled for. Stuff like that are why most Mormons aren't liberal, since secular-types (who I identify with as a religious liberal with a healthy belief in the separation of church and state) insult us all the time.

I apologize.

THough, I do think Utah does look better than OKlahoma or Kenya.  But this is coming somebody who is into orange canyons and other things that is in the state.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 11:07:27 PM »

Let's be honest guys, Utah is actually a pretty good looking place.  So yeah, I guess I'll go with that one, even with the Morons.

Hey, that's uncalled for. Stuff like that are why most Mormons aren't liberal, since secular-types (who I identify with as a religious liberal with a healthy belief in the separation of church and state) insult us all the time.

I apologize.

THough, I do think Utah does look better than OKlahoma or Kenya.  But this is coming somebody who is into orange canyons and other things that is in the state.

No prob, I just don't like people needlessly attacking Mormons. And yeah, Utah landscapes look cool; they actually filmed John Carter here. And that scene in the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie where there's multiple Jack Sparrows around the Black Pearl in the white-ish desert? That was Utah too.

Utah is Mars. Smiley

Though yeah, the hold (moral, social, and economic) conservatism has on Utah is disgusting, and I'll agree that it's entirely based on a school of thought in Mormonism.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »

Utah as long as you stay away from Provo and Orem. Having lived there, those places are literally fascist Italy when someone finds out that you aren't the dominant religion. The air is also thick enough to chew, but I've never attempted that due to fear of breaking my teeth.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »

Utah as long as you stay away from Provo and Orem. Having lived there, those places are literally fascist Italy when someone finds out that you aren't the dominant religion. The air is also thick enough to chew, but I've never attempted that due to fear of breaking my teeth.

As a resident of Utah for 14 years, I completely agree, but add that if you're part of the dominant religion, but express political beliefs that aren't ultra-conservative, it ends up the same way. Also agreed on the air. It was especially nasty this year.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 11:59:28 AM »

As a resident of Utah for 14 years, I completely agree, but add that if you're part of the dominant religion, but express political beliefs that aren't ultra-conservative, it ends up the same way. Also agreed on the air. It was especially nasty this year.

Heh, when I entered my debate class this year, I...I got quite a few people pissed off at me to say the least.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:13 AM »

So, if I go to Provo and proclaim that I'm a Baptist, what would happen?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 04:56:22 AM »

So, if I go to Provo and proclaim that I'm a Baptist, what would happen?

You'd burn a lot of calories running.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 05:04:17 AM »

I can't decide if the people voting Kenya are ignorant, stupid or are just voting that way to make some kind of point.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 12:07:34 PM »

If Kenya is beating Oklahoma, its because the people voting for Kenya have been to neither.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »

I can't decide if the people voting Kenya are ignorant, stupid or are just voting that way to make some kind of point.

What I don't get is that people are voting Kenya due to Oklahoma/Utah's religiosity. It's not like Kenya is some bastion of liberalism.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »

What I don't get is that people are voting Kenya due to Oklahoma/Utah's religiosity. It's not like Kenya is some bastion of liberalism.

They're trying to joke that as bad as Kenya is, Oklahoma/Utah is (or at least they perceive to be) is worse. Obviously no one is seriously suggesting that people are worse off in Utah/Oklahoma than they are in Kenya, but both of those states are easy targets.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »

Utah, since Jokelahoma and Kenya are third world.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »

Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »

Living as a western expat in Kenya is hardly bad.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies