Sam Spade Ad #6 - "Birds of a Feather"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sam Spade Ad #6 - "Birds of a Feather"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sam Spade Ad #6 - "Birds of a Feather"  (Read 1577 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2005, 04:18:32 PM »

Ad #6: "Birds of a Feather" (long: 1 minute-1 minute, 30 seconds)

Announcer:  In this week's debate, you heard George W. Bush say...

(voice from GWB in debate)"...I am opposed to raising taxes in most cases, But If a tax hike will give teachers and educators the money they have deserved for way to long, They yea We need a tax hike."

Announcer:  But how much does he want to pay for teachers and educators?

(voice from GWB ad)"...Teachers should be the highest paying job in this country. CEO’s and Lawyers who make millions and contribute nothing to Society should not make more than the people educating our future..."

Announcer:  Millions and millions of dollars?  Just how big of a tax hike is George W. Bush planning?

Consider this:  The average CEO makes nearly $10.6 million a year in salary, bonuses and other compensations.

According to the Atlasian Census, there are nearly 3.1 million people employed as elementary and middle school teachers, not counting high school or secondary school teachers.

In order to pay just these teachers average CEO salaries, George W. Bush's tax raise would have to come to nearly

(double-tracked, loud)

$4.14 trillion dollars

to cover just these specific teachers and educators.

And that's not even the start of it.

What type of federal control would teachers, educators and administrators be put under in order to receive such a salary from the federal government?

It might make 1984 look pale in comparison.

Not even the most radically liberal member of Atlasian society would propose such a fiscally insane idea.   The only person in Atlasian politics who sounds just as crazy is Mike Naso, with his "Tax Cut for District 3 Only" idea.

Maybe George W. Bush and Mike Naso are really, really...

"Birds of a Feather..."

If you want fiscal sanity and a moderate voice for Atlasian politics and District 4 come February, don't vote for the man who wants to raise your taxes through the roof...

Vote for Sam Spade.

Ad paid for by the Sam Spade for Senate committee.

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »

Ok this is just pointless.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 04:37:23 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2005, 04:41:28 PM by George W. Bush »

I hope this Ad was for Humor, If not you, sir are a Moron.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 04:43:36 PM »

LOL, who made the Naso picture?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 04:44:37 PM »

Partially humor, partially fact.

I don't blame you for not wanting to be compared to Mike Naso.

I also don't like being called a moron. 

It's not becoming of a Senate candidate to call his opponents names like that on the campaign trail.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 04:45:09 PM »

Naso.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 04:46:13 PM »

NixonNow got a screen capture off his webcam I think. Quite funny really.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 04:48:30 PM »

It's not becoming of a Senate candidate to call his opponents names like that on the campaign trail.

Well I never said that I was going to try and make teachers salary has high as CEO's. If you would read I said it should be. I would like to give teachers a moderate pay increase, do they not deserve it?

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 04:51:56 PM »

I think GWB is trying to set the bar very high in hopes that will increase pay somewhat, as opposed to setting it low, which would accomplish nothing.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 04:54:43 PM »

I would rather have a Senator use the word Moron than f****t. And I do belive you called Mr. Naso that a wile back.......

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They're both f****ts?

So are you supporting Mike Naso now or not? Its hard to tell, you changeyour mind on  that alot, I guess it depends on if he is up in the polls that day....
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »

Well I never said that I was going to try and make teachers salary has high as CEO's. If you would read I said it should be. I would like to give teachers a moderate pay increase, do they not deserve it?

I posted what you wrote, and made a logical interpretation from your comments.

If you wanted it to mean something different, you should have been more specific or changed your words.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 04:56:43 PM »

I think GWB is trying to set the bar very high in hopes that will increase pay somewhat, as opposed to setting it low, which would accomplish nothing.

Thank you Sir, You are correct. I didn’t think it was too complicated.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 04:57:41 PM »

If you wanted it to mean something different, you should have been more specific or changed your words.

Well you are not very good at interpreting then, you should stick to the facts.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 04:58:33 PM »

I would rather have a Senator use the word Moron than f****t. And I do belive you called Mr. Naso that a wile back.......

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They're both f****ts?

So are you supporting Mike Naso now or not? Its hard to tell, you changeyour mind on  that alot, I guess it depends on if he is up in the polls that day....

Mike Naso is Mike Naso.  He doesn't need my support in order to be landslide material and explode the ballot with vigor and decisiveness.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 05:00:24 PM »

It was the correct conclusion from the above comments.  You do support raising taxes, don't you?  Or are you flip-flopping on that comment too?

I can't help it that you're a radical liberal who wants to raise everyone's taxes ridiculously.  Them's the facts.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 05:04:15 PM »

It was the correct conclusion from the above comments.  You do support raising taxes, don't you?  Or are you flip-flopping on that comment too?

I can't help it that you're a radical liberal who wants to raise everyone's taxes ridiculously.  Them's the facts.

How can you not understand what I am saying!?!?! It is very simple! I want to raise taxes if necessary to give teachers a pay increase. I want you to show me that “facts” that I want to raise the taxes by Billions of dollars; you assumed that and made A fool of yourself.
 Also if you think I am a radical Liberal than there is not point in arguing with you because you can’t grasp the concept
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 05:05:40 PM »

Name one issue I have fliped on?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »

How can you not understand what I am saying!?!?! It is very simple! I want to raise taxes if necessary to give teachers a pay increase. I want you to show me that “facts” that I want to raise the taxes by Billions of dollars; you assumed that and made A fool of yourself.
 Also if you think I am a radical Liberal than there is not point in arguing with you because you can’t grasp the concept

I showed the facts behind your proposals in the ad above.  I crunched the numbers and came up with the figures.

Also, how will this federal pay increase affect the independence of local teachers, administrators and educators?

Considering the recent decision by the Kemp SC in Bono v. Atlasia, how do you think this intrusion of the federal government over state and local governments will manage to pass the constitutional test?
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 05:17:45 PM »

I showed the facts behind your proposals in the ad above.  I crunched the numbers and came up with the figures.

Also, how will this federal pay increase affect the independence of local teachers, administrators and educators?

Considering the recent decision by the Kemp SC in Bono v. Atlasia, how do you think this intrusion of the federal government over state and local governments will manage to pass the constitutional test?

You showed no facts; you took quotes from two different events, put them together and made a crazy claim that I was going to raise taxes by billions of dollars. You did nothing but make up facts and put them in a useless ad and I am finished discussing it because you are childish.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 05:18:27 PM »

I already did an ad on that.  Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 05:18:53 PM »

This makes States look good Wink
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 05:22:31 PM »

Yea you did. GO back and look at it. I explained how everything in that ad was agian False, taken out of context and totally useless.

As I said I am finished, you made a great ad, everyone loved it and you really showed me............ Great Job.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies