Are you giving up anything for Lent? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Are you giving up anything for Lent? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: the season of preparation for Easter
Yes

No

Haven't decided, yet

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Are you giving up anything for Lent?  (Read 4250 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 29, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »

Well no, but if I were religious I wouldn't. I live a healthy lifestyle, so there's no reason. Don't smoke, cut back on coffee, in the past cut out red meat completely, cut out soda completely, exercise daily, and so on. Read in Men's Health a while back that red wine in modest quantities, which is what I consume, is good for you too. If a person gives up anything it should be for health reasons - I mean a change in lifestyle - not because a Medieval pope whose concern was social control said it would be in one's best spiritual interest to do so.

You really need to get over yourself.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

Careful now. Say that enough times and you get placed on probation.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »

Breaking news: A stick of dynamite calls gunpowder explosive.

I would normally ignore this kind of thing, of course, because it's beneath intelligence, but sometimes the drama queen stuff goes on and on, spreading, and it gets hard to ignore when it's not contained to one spot, like the Forum Community board. You, for instance, troll, then calls others a troll. You demean with one-line, one-sentence remarks literally on a continuous basis, then tell others to get over themselves. It's really endless. And I'm going to just stop there. Maybe adult conversation and differing points of view are hard for you?

Whatever, man. Whatever. That's already far too much attention given to you.

I actually have a(n) (un)healthily low opinion of myself, but whatever.

You're missing the point, as you have a habit of doing. Your post was self-satisfied drivel designed to demonstrate your 'rational' superiority over all those dimwits out there who find meaning in ritual, tradition and ceremony. It was arrogant and unpleasant. And pointless. A great big FYCK YOU DAD!!!!!!!!111 with no content whatsoever. You could have left things at 'well no' and, frankly, should have done.

That's all.

I apologise if the above post is even nastier than normal. I have had a ghastly day (for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the latest forum tehdrama, I should note) and am in a bad mood. I just find that particular attitude so aggressively dull sometimes. That's all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies