How much better would the Political Geography and Democraphics board be...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How much better would the Political Geography and Democraphics board be...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Much better

Somewhat better

About the same

Bob improves the board in some offbeat way

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: How much better would the Political Geography and Democraphics board be...  (Read 652 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:09:38 AM »

...without Bob's trolling?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:26:19 AM »

I'd take Bob over krazen.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:47:33 AM »

Don't be ridiculous.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2013, 08:38:28 AM by muon2 »

When a thread gets off topic like the VA House one has, I'm happy to address it by splitting it into its own thread. I've done that in the past. This week I had a conference that kept me from checking every thread every day. Feel free to PM me when that happens.

Edit: The split is done.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »

Thanks, muon. Its been more than just that over the past few years though.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »

if we had a sub-board for all US-redristicting-related threads ? Much better!

As an European, I have a generic interest in discussing general topics of US demographics and political geography, including discussing  trends / issues for specific regions like Iowa or Southwestern Utah, or the whole rural vs.urban topic, while redistricting gets too US-specific for my taste.

At the moment I have increasing problems in identifying any of the more generic discusiions among the various threads related to redistricting, which is discouranging my use of the board.

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »

As an European, I have a generic interest in discussing general topics of US demographics and political geography, including discussing  trends / issues for specific regions like Iowa or Southwestern Utah, or the whole rural vs.urban topic, while redistricting gets too US-specific for my taste.

At the moment I have increasing problems in identifying any of the more generic discusiions among the various threads related to redistricting, which is discouranging my use of the board.

The point is well taken, and is in part a reflection of the decade cycle of census and redistricting. I took over the board when I knew things would be heating up for state-by-state redistricting. I even stickied a thread to point to the individual state threads.

Now that the state redistricting is largely past, I'm not surprised that attention has largely returned to demographic trends. Of course there will still be state actions and court decisions worth commenting on. I will think about how I might organize some stickies to facilitate the current mix of discussion.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 09:47:24 AM »

"Bob improves the board in some offbeat way" happens to summarize my feelings on the question better than I could have.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »

The point is well taken, and is in part a reflection of the decade cycle of census and redistricting. I took over the board when I knew things would be heating up for state-by-state redistricting. I even stickied a thread to point to the individual state threads.

Now that the state redistricting is largely past, I'm not surprised that attention has largely returned to demographic trends. Of course there will still be state actions and court decisions worth commenting on. I will think about how I might organize some stickies to facilitate the current mix of discussion.

What about a somewhat larger sub.board structure (US districts & redistricting, US demographics & political geography, International demographics & political geograühy). I have, e.g., been starting to post German unemployment maps and related regional analysis in the German elections thread, where they don't really belong. There are several other quite active threads in the "International Elections" board, such as Irish Demographic Maps, and England & Wales 2011 Census Maps, which would be better placed in the Political Geography and Demographics Board - provided they can be found there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies