Free Speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:44:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Free Speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free Speech  (Read 9890 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 30, 2013, 07:24:45 AM »

yeah, real stupid.  Maybe one of the "victims" will figure out how to start their own message board this time?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:59:04 AM »

I don't understand why those of us with issues with one moderator's over zealous actions means we should be forced to leave.  Roll Eyes
I'm not about "forcing" anybody to do anything, but if you find the mods actions here so freaking horrible that it turns in to a big stupid issue once a month or so, maybe you should take your excellent posts to another message board or maybe your own message board?  Most boards frown on a poster pimping their own board, but I doubt anybody here would care. 

Ok, maybe Inks Wink

but invite your friends, invite your enemies, have a ball doing the exact same things there as here, just without the mods.  It's certainly crossed my mind a time or four.  The general censorship here is a bit tame for my tastes, but I understand the reason for it and even think it makes sense as Dave has bigger fish frying than this Message Board and he must protect those fish in whatever way he thinks his best.  It's ignorant and childish to bitch about them (or how they are implemented), especially year after freaking year.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »

Don't leave then, maybe just avoid the unimportant corner of the board where he is lord?  or live with the occasional pee pee smacks?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:54:39 AM »

There is no rule on this forum (at least not yet) that you have to like My Little Pony. Making fun of a TV show is not in my view an infarctable offense quite possibly anywhere on the internet.
Maybe not, but thread sh**tting has certainly gotten people banned from places.  And it should.  It's low class.  My Little Pony is lame, no doubt about that, but not as lame as going into a My Little Pony thread to make fun of it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:58 AM »

My Little Pony is lame, no doubt about that

Uh based on what? Have you seen it? And if you believe that's it's exclusively for little girls, explain this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvIlknpfP0
Of course I've seen it, I live with a 16 year old girl that is nerdy.

As for the video, yes, and?  the Animaniacs were putting refrences in that their target audience wouldn't get 20 years ago, hell, Bugs Bunny was doing it 70 years ago.  It would still be weird if adult men worshipped any of these things.  Enjoy it quietly?  Sure, knock yourself out.  Hell, as I said, have your own freaking thread about it, you certainly won't get me in there giving you sh**t for it, as I'm not an asshole (ok, I am an asshole, but not THAT kind of asshole).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:33:36 AM »

I understand all that (lots and lots of cartoons aimed at children have bits added to make the parents watching the show with their kids laugh), and I still think it would be weird if adult males worshiped at the alter of any of those things.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 04:19:32 AM »

I understand all that (lots and lots of cartoons aimed at children have bits added to make the parents watching the show with their kids laugh), and I still think it would be weird if adult males worshiped at the alter of any of those things.

I never watched My Little Pony, though disgracefully I've seen photos of dead horses. Yes, this worship can look weird and bizarre - just like the Atlas Forum and the county swing maps, on the other hand. I don't care if this is an offence for the MLP fans, but for sure that 'adult male' reference is a bit sexist.
You are probably right, I should have said, "and I still think it would be weird if adults worshiped at the alter of any of those things".  On the other hand, a lot of the things women do I find weird.  Like shaving their legs and pits, wearing makeup, all those freaking shoes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies