Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:46:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129164 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »

According to IHOP's website, a short stack is about 500 calories, 1 glass of Pepsi is 130 calories (if you only had 1), and regular syrup has 110 calories an ounce.

This was a cheat meal for BushOK, make no mistake, as nothing he hate had any nutritional value at all to make up for the calories he ate. They were "empty calories" essentially. I hope he doesn't go stuff his face at Village Inn or Golden Corral this weekend, or he may as well not even bother trying to drop weight.

I understand this is difficult and a real life changing experience, so patience and careful changes must be made, but perhaps it is time to go from once a week at Golden Corral to once ever two weeks and go from there. Heck, I couldn't imagine eating that once a week! But I am not BushOK, so it would be like telling me I couldn't have any greens or something for a week and I could only eat carbs, pizza, hamburgers and drink regular soda. I'd feel sluggish and bloated.

How many ounces of syrup do you think was on their, Dukey?  And of course the 500 count is probably for a plain pancake.

Oh definitely. It was just for the pancakes, not the syrup. I'm sure it was at least 2 ounces of syrup. All in all, he probably had close to 1000 calories!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »

Jeffrey, you need to go cold turkey on things like pancakes, until you get the fat off. There is no other way. But I think deep down your are a bit frightened of losing your "fat barrier" to taking on life head on. It's an excuse for failure. Am I right?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2013, 01:53:57 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 03:51:01 PM by memphis »

I'm not sure how Bushie's neurons fire, but for me, there are quite a few foods that I have to avoid completely because once I pop I can't stop. Chiefly among them are ice cream, potato chips and pizza. I wish I could consume only a bit. But I can't. So I don't get any.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »

Well, I have grown to really hate unhealthy food in large quantities. Yeah, sure, I love pizza now and then, or onion rings, or a burger, or something like that, but if I eat enough of it, I will feel sick, bloated and lethargic the rest of the day.

The thing is, BushOK needs to cut it all off to condition himself off of the unhealthy diet he has eaten his whole live, the diet he learned from his parents, and embrace a new lifestyle.

Let's be honest, he will never lose weight doing light exercises each night and then pigging out at IHOP or Golden Corral at least once a week. But I am sure this is extremely hard for him to do because he lives in a family that probably does not value health, that eats crap most meals, that thinks green foods are icky, and that does not encourage exercise at all. It is much easier for us to lecture to him to do something that we do naturally or have grown accustomed to than for him to do it. He has to want to do it, and lets face it, he really, deep down, has no interest in wanting to lose weight or get hearthier.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »

Well, I have grown to really hate unhealthy food in large quantities. Yeah, sure, I love pizza now and then, or onion rings, or a burger, or something like that, but if I eat enough of it, I will feel sick, bloated and lethargic the rest of the day.

You just need to exercise your stomach more.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »

It would appear that Bushie has resigned himself to the predictable series finale: a fatal heart-attack at 35.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »

It would appear that Bushie has resigned himself to the predictable series finale: a fatal heart-attack at 35.

We have to wait 5  years?  Ugh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »

That's exactly the attitude of someone who has given up.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

So you like the taste of the junk that fast food places serve....and dislike good food...

Crazy world Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »

What a paradox! Bushie is morbidly obese because he prefers industrial sludge to legitimate food. Can't say I'm surprised though.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

Your approach to working out/getting in shape is the equivalent of reading a birthday card and feeling like you just finished a novel.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »

Yeah, that's what I expected. You weren't raised to eat things like that, and so you are not used to them, and thus don't like them. If you don't like any of that, I expect you won't really ever lose weight, maybe a bit here and there, but nothing substantial, and he doesn't have the drive to actually learn to eat better. Of course, we all have known that for a while Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »

Guys, I haven't given up.  I am still working out 6 nights a week.  If I'm working out with the Wii, I'm doing light exercises while watching TV.  I'm eating mostly healthier food.  Yes, I do splurge every now and then, but I believe meals are supposed to be enjoyable times, not boring and mundane.  Also, I don't like a lot of vegetables especially the ones mentioned earlier.  I hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, among other things.  I do not eat salad other than taco salad.  Finding things that are healthy that I actually like and enjoy is a bit challenging.

Your approach to working out/getting in shape is the equivalent of reading a birthday card and feeling like you just finished a novel.

His problem is that he sees healthy activities and foods as 'punishment', hence 'cheats'.

I'll give you an example of my dinner last night...
Wraps - (sourdough wraps, beef strips cooking in a touch of oil with garlic, salt and oregano, lettuce, tomato, hummus and beetroot dip)

Dessert - lemon sorbet

I remember once, due to travelling in some bad places (isolated and a bit backward) I pretty much had to eat like you... after two days I felt ill and craved lettuce and watermelon.

Until you start treating your diet and exercise as something permanent, not something you just need to do... you don't stand a chance. It doesn't mean you can't have fried things or things that aren't exactly health-giving. But you need to adjust your mindset AND your palette before having those foods again.

You'd be amazed how quickly the palette can change, if you give it a chance. 

I'm also going to assume you've never had any of those foods cooked well?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »

Of course this could be real. But if you're being trolled... yeah. I mean, this is the sort of detail you'd give, isn't it?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »

Of course this could be real. But if you're being trolled... yeah. I mean, this is the sort of detail you'd give, isn't it?

Eh...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »

Yeah, that's what I expected. You weren't raised to eat things like that, and so you are not used to them, and thus don't like them. If you don't like any of that, I expect you won't really ever lose weight, maybe a bit here and there, but nothing substantial, and he doesn't have the drive to actually learn to eat better. Of course, we all have known that for a while Tongue

You and Polnut have hit the nail on the head.  I wasn't brought up around a healthy lifestyle.  My mother stopped cooking on a regular basis after my brother left for the Navy in 1994 when I was 12.  We ate out a lot and had a lot of hamburgers and pizza and otherwise unhealthy food all through my teenage years, although I was still skinny when I went to college in 2001.  There is something in college called the Freshman 15 where freshmen are expected to gain 15 pounds in their first year of college, especially if they live on campus.  For me, it wasn't the Freshman 15, it was the Freshman 50.  I really packed on the pounds in my first three years of college and have more or less stayed within 20 pounds of where I'm at now in the last 9 years.  Of course, remember it peaked dangerously in November 2011 when I topped out at 285 and was on a trajectory straight for the 300s in a rapid fashion.  I changed my habits then and lost 25 pounds through February 2012.  I have held steady within 10 pounds in either direction since.  My problem is I get started and I burn out very quickly.  Thankfully, I've got my coworker who is healthy and buys and cooks healthy who has offered to show me what to buy and how to cook it.  I need to develop a taste for vegetables.  I know I will discover a whole other world when I do develop a taste.  It is not by accident that I eat fast food and feel sick afterward.  My body is yelling at me to stop, but I reach for whatever is fast, convenient, and cheap, mostly out of impulse.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »

As an intro to fresh foods, try some snow peas. They don't require any cooking and are very sweet for a veggie. They're very snackable as they come in small hand held pieces. A half pound should cost you about $2.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »

Yeah, I understand what you are saying, BushOK. I know exactly what you mean and why it is not as simple as it sounds.

But I guess what we want to hear is you are open to changing the way you eat. You'll feel better, you will look better, and you will be in much better shape! You don't want to live life as a ticking time bomb, where you are at risk of a heart attack. You're only 30!

Vegetables are not hard to eat, you just need to be curious, learn a little culinary expertise, and soon you will be on your way. Even I can't open a can and eat vegetables straight from it. Gross! I imagine that is not fun.

Your friend from work may be a good asset to you if you chose to take advantage of it. Learn how to cook some basic things like oven roasting fresh veggies and sautéing things in a little olive oil. It isn't that hard and will taste a lot better than canned crap. Once you learn to like those things, you won't want to eat burgers and pizza every meal - although I still love a good pizza here and there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2013, 07:55:24 PM »

I do want to change and I am definitely open to broadening my taste buds.  I know I can't keep going the way I am and expect to live a quality, healthy life.  I may still have a long life, but what years I do have would not be spent happily.  I will be asking my coworker to meet me down at a grocery store.  To me, a grocery store just sounds better than the food section at Walmart.  They say eating healthy is more expensive.  I have a hard time seeing that.  Eating out once a day is on average $8.00 a meal.  Do that every day for a week, and i've blown $56 on food that won't get me anywhere.  In a paycheck, that is $112.  That doesnt even include bigger meals and more restaurant visits.  I'm sure I can eat healthy for $75-$85 a paycheck.  Now, I don't get fast food everyday, but if I can cut out the times I do go, that would still save me money and calories.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 08:36:35 PM by memphis »

Good choices at the store can be expensive, but they don't have to be. As you've pointed out, the real money is in eating out. A decent restarant meal with drink tax and tip will be at least $15.  Even at fast food, you're looking at $8. And look how little you get for your money. Cooking requires just a little bit more time. You don't have to make anything complicated. Just grab a cheap cut of chicken or beef. Do not fry it! Find something green and fresh that you like. Do not fry or overcook it! Go easy on the bread, rice, or potatoes, but a little of one is ok.  Go easy on the butter. Olive oil is a much better fat with your carb. No sugary drink. Boom. Healthy tasty meal. The only healthy foods that are very expensive are seafood and a few fruits, especially when out of season or exotic ingrediants for people who try to get fancy. Steaks can get pricey too, but I don't think I'd call a 16 oz Tbone healthy Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »

You don't eat salad other than taco salad?  Do you not like lettuce and carrots?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2013, 11:08:07 PM »

You don't eat salad other than taco salad?  Do you not like lettuce and carrots?

I like lettuce and carrots, just am not fond of tomatoes or onions or any kind of dressing and my taco salad is void of tomato and onion.  On a rare occasion, I will have a salad and may swallow a tomato here and there and while its not terrible, its not something I desire to have too often.  When I get a hamburger, I always get just mustard, pickles, and lettuce, and occasionally bacon.  I do not do mayonnaise, tomato, or onions on the burgers.  I like very little of what goes into a good salad, and if all I'll eat is the lettuce and carrots, I can find a different way to eat them.  One of the things I like to eat occasionally is a refrigerated, uncooked carrot.  Once in a while, I will buy a sack of carrots and munch on those instead of crackers or cookies or whatever.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »

My standard salad is just lettuce, carrots, grated cheese, and dressing.  If you don't like tomatoes, you don't have to include them!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

You know what's more challenging than finding healthy food that you like? Finding a reasonably priced funeral home for your son.  If you aren't going to do it for you, at least do it for your family.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies