Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129033 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »

Glad Warden Inks, who wants to impose a water and hard tack diet, has identified V8 as the culprit of so many problems.

Well, I don't know what else he frivolously spends money on.  But I can tell you this - he ought to be ashamed of himself for spending money on crap he doesn't need when he knows that his dad could be out of a job in a matter of months.

V8 is not the only problem, but it's my fill in for all unnecessary spending.  Also included (if he pays these) would be cable TV (although I'm guessing his parents already pay for that if they have it), a cell phone data plan (I'll consider a cell phone "necessary", but a data plan is not), gasoline to make trips that could be done via walking or bike, eating out (except for rare occasions), any beverages other than tap water (or some other free beverage), seeing movies, going to plays/concerts, magazine subscriptions, newspaper subscriptions, video games - in fact, he could sell any that he has to make some money.  The list can go on and on.

Christ, man. Everyone has to be allowed to enjoy life a little bit. He's not an automaton.

He should probably start to cut back on some things but that's hardly the main issue here. He clearly has some mental issues that need to be addressed by a professional. That, and finding some steady/simple work, should be his main priorities.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:23 PM »

Christ, man. Everyone has to be allowed to enjoy life a little bit.

Not when the person is mooching off of a father who could soon be unemployed.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #477 on: February 18, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »

Maybe he should just live rough and hit the rails then. Boxcar Bushie has a nice sound to it. Very little overhead.

Listen sorry to be confrontational here but your Rx is just misguided. Sure he needs to cut down on his expenses but your dour directives are enough to make anyone want to stick their head directly into the oven.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #478 on: February 18, 2013, 12:15:32 AM »

Maybe he should just live rough and hit the rails then. Boxcar Bushie has a nice sound to it. Very little overhead.

Listen sorry to be confrontational here but your Rx is just misguided. Sure he needs to cut down on his expenses but your dour directives are enough to make anyone want to stick their head directly into the oven.

I would say that giving up juice for water and the weekly visit to Golden Corral (or wherever else he "treats" himself) really isn't that extreme.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #479 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:33 AM »

Seriously, drinking water, not eating out (both things which will also help with his health) and giving up on cable (which is a scam) is not extreme.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »

I've had sex with five girls in one evening

Forgive me for being glib, but we're all guys here so we're all wondering the same thing: How in the name of God's Green Earth did you manage to accomplish this?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2013, 12:50:39 AM »

How much can juice possibly cost?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2013, 01:05:55 AM »

Seriously, drinking water, not eating out (both things which will also help with his health) and giving up on cable (which is a scam) is not extreme.

It is not extreme but it is framed in a way to be a ridiculous exercise in being penny wise and pound foolish. Paying mortgages and rents simultaneously, moving around the country, jetting off to Kenya...that is a whole lotta V8. And to repeat the theme this like is treating a gunshot victim for their diabetes and discharging them.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »

The light and regular are both $3.12 at Meijer (which, if the light is really just half the juice, nobody in their right mind would buy those... they'd buy regulars and just add equal parts water).  That's for 46 oz.  I hope he's not buying individual small bottles... those would be even more of a rip off (and unlike pop, where you have a disadvantage buying a 2 liter because it goes flat, there's little downside here, other than portability).  So if he's still drinking at least 2 8 oz. glasses a day, a 46 oz. bottle lasts 2.875 days.  Which brings us to just under $400/year.

And that's if he's only having 2 8 oz. glasses a day.  So is it a huge amount of money?  No.  But it's 3 months' worth of car insurance.

And like I said, the V-8 people really are evil geniuses coming up with the "light".  If it truly is just half the juice, then the other half must be water, and they're charging people the same price.  So if he does insist on continuing to drink the stuff, I'd encourage him to buy regular and mix his own "light" concoction.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »

Forgive me for being glib, but we're all guys here so we're all wondering the same thing: How in the name of God's Green Earth did you manage to accomplish this?

Seconded, this the most interesting revelation to come out of thread so far.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:39 AM »

Didn't come to the thread for a couple days, noticed it six pages longer new something happened but wow...

Anyway Bushie, with all due respect to your father, his advice has been quite poor at times, that leap of faith thing was ridiculous.

This perhaps is another one of those.  Now it makes absolutely no sense for you to keep the home in Oklahoma while you rent and work in Utah and as a result have a negative cash flow which puts the burden on your parents.  I can absolutely see why he has an issue with that, and it makes sense, especially when doing so makes their financial situation more difficult.  

From what it sounds like is your parents have been helping you out for a long time (and likely much longer than they should have), and they are very close to not being able to do so financially anymore.   However, the whole leaving your job you are working at to move back home jobless, doesn't make much sense.  Honestly, there are only two possibilities that make sense of why you should do this.  One is you will go home to seek some type of mental health treatment.  

The other is if even after having a short sale and freeing yourself from the mortgage obligation, your rent and other expenses in Utah are greater than what your take home pay and as a result your parents.

If you are seeking treatment or your financial situation is still a disaster even after the short sale his advice makes sense.  If not your best bet is to keep your job and stay where you are, but get the hell out of the house situation.

Also short sales, can take time.  I work in the Industry so I know what I am talking about regarding this.  Yes, its certainly possible that it can be done in a couple months as your agent stated.  You find a buyer soon, get into contract and they either pay cash or go with a decent mortgage company it can get done even in a month.  HOWEVER, the potential issue is your current bank.  The bank that holds your mortgage has to agree to the short sale and let you sell the property for less than what you owe.  Sometimes its a quick and a matter of weeks, other times it can drag on for six months or more, it all depends on your current bank and what they are willing to agree to.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2013, 02:38:37 AM »

Definitely also wondering about that one!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2013, 03:23:23 AM »

Definitely also wondering about that one!

Me too, though I've had sex with four at one time, but I'm sure it is no mystery to anyone how that was accomplished.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »

You guys act like Bushie has a choice on whether or not to leave Utah. He doesn't have the rent money. And no amount of abstaining from juice is going to change that. He will be legally evicted if he stays. Is he supposed to live under a Mormon Bridge just to satisfy your independence fetish?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2013, 11:39:51 AM »

It is not extreme but it is framed in a way to be a ridiculous exercise in being penny wise and pound foolish. Paying mortgages and rents simultaneously, moving around the country, jetting off to Kenya...that is a whole lotta V8. And to repeat the theme this like is treating a gunshot victim for their diabetes and discharging them.

Telling someone to only drink water is not viable.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2013, 11:57:28 AM »

You guys act like Bushie has a choice on whether or not to leave Utah. He doesn't have the rent money. And no amount of abstaining from juice is going to change that. He will be legally evicted if he stays. Is he supposed to live under a Mormon Bridge just to satisfy your independence fetish?

Sure Jeff could have supported himself in Utah with the salary he made. Many in this nation do, particularly those with no dependents. He just needs to rent a room somewhere. Yes, the juice thing is a red herring. He needed a cheaper living situation, and putting a stop to the Okie house cash drain. He admitted that there were other reasons he was decamping.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »

Well, just as I suspected... I was not allowed the two weeks.  Some employees in the past took advantage of the two weeks and totally slacked off and ransacked their jobs which forced the company to enact a policy that says thanks, but no thanks to the two week offers by future employees.  They did say, though, that since I offered the two weeks that they will give me a good reference on future job searches.

Also, I just talked to my parents and let them know the situation, and he said when I get home, I'll rest for a few days, do my taxes, and then get started looking for a job.  I'll be home on Thursday, February 28 and we'll start looking in the classified ads from the Sunday, March 3 newspaper.  I will be living at my house until it gets sold and then I'll move in with my parents.  I won't have many luxuries in the house, but I'll have enough to subsist on.  We're trying not to spend what we don't need without going down to bread and water.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #492 on: February 18, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »

Sure Jeff could have supported himself in Utah with the salary he made. Many in this nation do, particularly those with no dependents. He just needs to rent a room somewhere. Yes, the juice thing is a red herring. He needed a cheaper living situation, and putting a stop to the Okie house cash drain. He admitted that there were other reasons he was decamping.
Many people become Navy SEALs too. Doesn't mean it's within Bushie's capabilities. In any case, I value loyalty to family more than indpendence. I don't see all that much virtue in making oneself into an impoverished island just to prove a point. A much more critical fact were it my life is that he owes them a great deal at this point. Even if he were to magically make the numbers jive, it would be extremely selfish of him to walk away and say "Thanks for crucifying yourselves on my behalf; good luck to you with that whole crown of thorns." He owes the Browns better than that,
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #493 on: February 18, 2013, 01:34:49 PM »

I don't know how much he was making, but Utah is cheaper than Minneapolis, and I could support myself here on significantly less than what I currently make, (after all it's a well known fact what type of things I spend lots of money on that aren't exactly life essentials) if it wasn't for student loans I probably could on just $20k/year. If I was making my current salary in Utah with significantly less debt I'd be living like a king (well as much as one can in that Mormon-dominated state.) Of course in Bushie's case it might not be a bad idea because of how just how awful his decision making is. As I came here to ask, has he made a single good decision since he started this job hopping thing? On the other hand, his parents encourage his awful choices as well, so...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #494 on: February 18, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »

On the other hand, his parents encourage his awful choices as well, so...

His friends are even worse.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #495 on: February 18, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »

Many people become Navy SEALs too. Doesn't mean it's within Bushie's capabilities. In any case, I value loyalty to family more than indpendence. I don't see all that much virtue in making oneself into an impoverished island just to prove a point. A much more critical fact were it my life is that he owes them a great deal at this point. Even if he were to magically make the numbers jive, it would be extremely selfish of him to walk away and say "Thanks for crucifying yourselves on my behalf; good luck to you with that whole crown of thorns." He owes the Browns better than that,

You seem to suggest that Jeff's return is a sine qua non to improve his parents' financial situation. I don't know what the basis for that assumption is, given that the negative cash flow on the Okie house can be stopped immediately. Yes, better to be a self supporting "impoverished island" to become more employable in the future, while focusing his planning on holding that job and figuring out what is the best strategic move regarding his future education.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #496 on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:20 PM »

I cringe on his when I see the posts on FB. If only they knew..
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »

I cringe on his when I see the posts on FB. If only they knew..

Me too, because they fall for the con........which makes opebo's comments regarding a con-job job kinda spot on, no?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:11 PM »

The most horrific thing about BushOK's circle of friends is that they all lack logical thought. Most of them are okay with just praying about a situation and taking a "leap of faith" as opposed to tackling a problem head on with a sound plan.

I disagree with memphis' argument that you must choose between family loyalty and being independent as well. I think those things are not mutually exclusive in the sense that you can be respectful and loyal to your family while being your own person. A huge problem with BushOK is his independence. He has none. He hasn't had to struggle or learn from the mistakes he has made because his parents have backed him and continued to encourage his behavior through all of this. There is no accountability in this little family. BushOK has never taken responsibility for anything he's ever done. He merely blames others, rationalizes things in some warped way, and continues to move on.

Now at 31, BushOK is about to move back in his parents after living in Utah and tearing through something like 5 jobs in a year, heck, I lost count, with a resume about as attractive to an employer as someone defecating on the hood of your car. BushOK can be independent while not living by his parents wishes all the time. He is his own man. He needs to understand that and stop following the mind numbing advice coming from his family and friends. He really needs to break away from them and move far away where he can 'regroup' and actually find who he is. This return to Oklahoma is the worst thing for him. I will bet any sum of money on that assertion.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #499 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »

Ideally, Bushie would just find a way to live off the government dole for the rest of his life and quit this "working" thing. It clearly isn't working out for him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies