Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:01:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129044 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: February 18, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »

Many would think I have no business being excited about this next move, but I am.  The forum is predicting all gloom and doom.  I am about to prove everyone wrong.  Yeah, its not the most appealing, but its a chance to hit the reset.  Although, I will admit that even I am questioning why now.  I would have much rather stayed at Xerox and stayed in the apartment and waited for the house to sell so I could devoid myself of $800-$1000 of monthly expenses.  However, things are irreversible now, so instead I will be going home and eventually devoiding myself of roughly $1700-$1800 worth of monthly expenses and tearing myself down to the bare minimum.  I will only have roughly $800-$1000 left of personal monthly expenses.  This will give me a great chance to pay down my credit cards and even lower that $900.  I will not get comfortable there to the point that I'll hang out until I'm 40.  No sir.  I do hope and plan on being back out into an apartment sometime in late 2013 or 2014.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #501 on: February 18, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »

If you had followed our advice and dumped the house when you moved to Utah, via a short sale or otherwise then you wouldn't be moving back. Remember when I said cut all ties or you will be back in OK as fast as you got to UT? You came to UT expecting to fail, expecting not to stay long, treating it as an extended vacation as opposed to a changing in your life, with one foot in and the other out, as they say, and that is exactly what happened.

And of course you're excited about going home. You will be close to your parents again, and you can eat with them, spend every day with them, and shirk responsibilities while they defend your choices until you are all broke or dead. I, for one, am not surprised you're happy to being going back to OK. It has been what you have wanted since you moved to UT judging by your actions, as I explained earlier.

I do hope you prove me wrong, because as I follow this series, I am invested in your story, I want to see you succeed, and it would make me happy to see everything workout for you. I am only hard on you and frank because I wish one day, by a miracle from Christ above or otherwise, you will listen to me. Jesus uses others to speak to you too, you know. But, I have been right about nearly every plot twist so far, and this one will likely be another home run for old Duke. If we are hedging bets, I am all in on me. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #502 on: February 18, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »

He was fired and his house was vandalised? You've got to feel sorry for him.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #503 on: February 18, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2013, 02:51:56 PM by Bacon King »

I've had sex with five girls in one evening

Forgive me for being glib, but we're all guys here so we're all wondering the same thing: How in the name of God's Green Earth did you manage to accomplish this?

Haha, well, I'll try to keep this succinct so as not to go into any inappropriate details.

I spent the afternoon with a friend, her and I buying groceries for a southern-style breakfast we were going to cook for our friends in the dorm. We got back and were hanging out in her room. I had gotten vibes that she was attracted to me (and she kept making jokes of a recording she made outside the door of a mutual friend I was sleeping with who happened to be far too vocal) and I had some time to kill before going to a party that evening; I impulsively asked her, "hey, would you wanna have sex?" She responded in the affirmative, so we did. Some great benefits were added to our friendship that day.

Afterwards, I left to get ready for the party but quickly received a text message bluntly stating, "come over and [Inks] me" from the aforementioned overly-vocal friend (that was kinda how our friendship worked) so then that happened.

I had a good time at the party and at one point began conversing with  two girls I met through through a mutual friend. While I was talking with them my roommate texted me to inform me I was sexiled for the night and they immediately offered that I could sleep on the sofa in their apartment. They both became increasingly friendly and flirtatious, and I reciprocated in kind. As the party was winding down we departed- as we walked I placed an arm around both of them without thinking about it, and they both reciprocated the gesture. When we got back to their place things immediately became frisky and a threesome quickly ensued.

It lasted a while, but afterwards I realized in an awkward situation- they were ready for sleep and I'd have to choose which bed to sleep in (it turns out the sofa was an awkwardly tiny love seat anyway so that was never really an option). I made an excuse to leave, saying that my fraternity brothers needed me to buy more beer since I was Treasurer and thus the only one with access to the Frat Cash.

I went to the bar next to campus (The Boot) hoping to run into someone as the night was winding down. I saw a girl I knew from my Spanish class as soon as I walked in; she came up to me and we talked, after a while we went back to her place, had sex, then fell asleep.

My apologies for derailing the thread and going on such a tangent about my private life, but I hope this answers the questions you guys had. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #504 on: February 18, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »

That's my Sigma Chi Brother!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #505 on: February 18, 2013, 03:11:22 PM »

You guys act like Bushie has a choice on whether or not to leave Utah. He doesn't have the rent money. And no amount of abstaining from juice is going to change that. He will be legally evicted if he stays. Is he supposed to live under a Mormon Bridge just to satisfy your independence fetish?

Sure Jeff could have supported himself in Utah with the salary he made. Many in this nation do, particularly those with no dependents. He just needs to rent a room somewhere. Yes, the juice thing is a red herring. He needed a cheaper living situation, and putting a stop to the Okie house cash drain. He admitted that there were other reasons he was decamping.
Many people become Navy SEALs too. Doesn't mean it's within Bushie's capabilities. In any case, I value loyalty to family more than indpendence. I don't see all that much virtue in making oneself into an impoverished island just to prove a point. A much more critical fact were it my life is that he owes them a great deal at this point. Even if he were to magically make the numbers jive, it would be extremely selfish of him to walk away and say "Thanks for crucifying yourselves on my behalf; good luck to you with that whole crown of thorns." He owes the Browns better than that,

You seem to suggest that Jeff's return is a sine qua non to improve his parents' financial situation. I don't know what the basis for that assumption is, given that the negative cash flow on the Okie house can be stopped immediately. Yes, better to be a self supporting "impoverished island" to become more employable in the future, while focusing his planning on holding that job and figuring out what is the best strategic move regarding his future education.
You think that Bushie can support himself and, simultaneously, make meaningful steps toward making things right with his parents? That's insane, given his record. I'm not convinced he can even do the first, and he will eventually have to go begging to his parents if he tries. His hopes for employment have nothing to do with. No employer is going to ask or care if he lives with his parents. This particular stigma is so counter productive and 20th century. Nothing will do more to make him dependent that constantly striving to be independent.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »

Bravo, Bacon King, bravo.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #507 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2013, 03:38:03 PM by memphis »

^^^^^^
Please forgive me, but your story reminded me of this so much.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/manicdepressive-friend-a-blast-while-manic,1521/

It's also nice to see that the Boot is still inspiring late night hijinks. That place must have the highest under 21 to over 21 ratio of any bar in the country. Some things in life never change.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »

Haha, thanks everyone Smiley

I felt guilty about derailing BushOK's thread like this, but hell - if I'm going to spill my heart out to try and reach out to him with the most emotional EffortPost I've ever written and have him completely ignore it, I have to say I feel a tiny bit justified here.

^^^^^^
http://www.theonion.com/articles/manicdepressive-friend-a-blast-while-manic,1521/

It's also nice to see that the Boot is still inspiring late night hijinks. That place must have the highest under 21 to over 21 ratio of any bar in the country. Some things in life never change.

LOL at the article. It does hit pretty close to home Tongue

And of course- the Boot is nothing less than a Tulane fixture! Boot o'clock is always the worst/best time of the night for everyone still standing (though I think Tuck's would have beat it on age ratio until it closed down).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »

Haha, thanks everyone Smiley

I felt guilty about derailing BushOK's thread like this, but hell - if I'm going to spill my heart out to try and reach out to him with the most emotional EffortPost I've ever written and have him completely ignore it, I have to say I feel a tiny bit justified here.

I'm not ignoring you, I've just been figuring out what to say.  I really do appreciate your post and your candidness.  Its what helped me bring out what I've been struggling with, especially on the Mental Health thread.  You have not derailed my thread, in fact, I think you've added to it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #510 on: February 18, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »

^^^^^^

I must say it reminded me a bit of my own experience as well, unfortunately. Except the whole depressive sessions seem to take up most of the time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: February 18, 2013, 05:57:38 PM »

I've got my itinerary figured out for the trip back home. I will be dropping south through Southern Utah, Las Vegas, and catching I-40 in far eastern California before I jet eastbound. I will be stopping for the nights in Kingman, Arizona (far western AZ) and Amarillo, Texas. I'll have a 9 hour drive on Day 1, 12 hour drive on Day 2, and 4 hour drive on Day 3.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #512 on: February 18, 2013, 06:08:15 PM »

Any particular reason you're adding an extra night and tank of gas?  Vegas is way out of your way!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: February 18, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »

Any particular reason you're adding an extra night and tank of gas?  Vegas is way out of your way!

One, I've never been to California and that's one thing I wanted to do while in Utah.  If I can clip even the far eastern sliver of Cali, I'll be able to check that box.

Second, and this is the more important, I would normally go through southern Wyoming down through Denver and into Kansas, but we are supposed to get hit with a major snow storm on Friday night/Saturday and that system is supposed to hit the same areas I would normally travel right before I leave.  I could do it no problem, but I'd prefer not to have to do it for 2 straight days...  I like going mostly freeway, so that's why I'm going down through Vegas instead of down US-89 to Flagstaff.  I will take US-95 from Las Vegas down to I-40 in extreme eastern California, but that's the only non-interstate portion of my trip (other than getting to and from the interstate at the start and end of each day).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #514 on: February 18, 2013, 06:46:45 PM »

Finally, sex is back in the update thread and as a bonus it's not cringe-inducing!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #515 on: February 18, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

One, I've never been to California and that's one thing I wanted to do while in Utah.  If I can clip even the far eastern sliver of Cali, I'll be able to check that box.

Second, and this is the more important, I would normally go through southern Wyoming down through Denver and into Kansas, but we are supposed to get hit with a major snow storm on Friday night/Saturday and that system is supposed to hit the same areas I would normally travel right before I leave.  I could do it no problem, but I'd prefer not to have to do it for 2 straight days...  I like going mostly freeway, so that's why I'm going down through Vegas instead of down US-89 to Flagstaff.  I will take US-95 from Las Vegas down to I-40 in extreme eastern California, but that's the only non-interstate portion of my trip (other than getting to and from the interstate at the start and end of each day).
To the deluge with you...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #516 on: February 18, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »

Do you guys think Bushie got fired? Not quite buying the whole "my company doesn't like two week notices".
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »

Do you guys think Bushie got fired? Not quite buying the whole "my company doesn't like two week notices".

says he just didn't get kept on at the end of his temp-contract
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

He really wants to get a fresh start by getting rid of all his money.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »

Bushie is definitely the guy in the office that every one else can't stand, right?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #520 on: February 18, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »

Bushie is definitely the guy in the office that every one else can't stand, right?

More so the one they pretend doesn't exist so they can feel comfortable about going to work.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #521 on: February 18, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »

He really wants to get a fresh start by getting rid of all his money.

His parents' money.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #522 on: February 18, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »

I'm not surprised that he didn't work out a 2 weeks. Although I do have a strange feeling he was actually let go at the end of his contract. Was it a 6 month temp-to-hire contract? Has it been 6 months? Do they have to wait the entire 6 months to decide whether to hire him?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »

I'm not surprised that he didn't work out a 2 weeks. Although I do have a strange feeling he was actually let go at the end of his contract. Was it a 6 month temp-to-hire contract? Has it been 6 months? Do they have to wait the entire 6 months to decide whether to hire him?

Yeah, generally I think you'd know before the absolute last minute if you were on a contract and they wanted to keep you, no?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #524 on: February 18, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »

Yeah, generally I think you'd know before the absolute last minute if you were on a contract and they wanted to keep you, no?

I wish I knew more about temp-to-hire contracts. My assumption is, he was informed they would not be making him a permanent hire recently, did not tell us, and this house drama was a convenient way to get out of this situation altogether. Otherwise, this behavior makes no sense, and usually when BushOK makes such rash decisions, there is something else that acting as the driving force.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies