Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:19:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129138 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »

As soon as the lawn dries out from the recent rains, I will be getting outside and walking and enjoying this beautiful early Spring weather.  We've got 2 1/2 walkable acres without having to get out on the road.

I don't post here, but I have to comment on this because I am likely your geometric opposite in maybe every respect. This is precisely the wrong attitude to have. Get out on the road tomorrow - tomorrow. Walk on the side of the road, people around here run on the road or sidewalk all the time. I personally have run in every form of weather there is to include snow and even, yes, ice. It's possible. The trick is, once you get started, you don't try to stop or change your stride. Rain? That's nothing. Walking around the yard and doing "yard work" will do nothing.

Commitment to physical fitness is not a choice - it becomes something you have to have. It's a new life, and it will give you untold confidence. You feel guilty if you don't get it in during your day - and liking your body when you look at it the mirror is not the only benefit - your heart, blood, and organs will give you more energy and longer life. You never look for a reason to avoid physical fitness opportunities. You would be wrong if you think it really cannot be done or is not really worth it.

As far as the food intake goes, it's your choice, but if what I'm reading is accurate, you need to cut your intake maybe in half and also make different choices. Get rid of the soda and substitute fruit juice - grape juice will go with anything. Live with your folks? Get them in on it! If you eat spaghetti, use whole grain noodles and cut the red meat totally. Cut snacks except for healthy stuff, like hummus (get garbanzo beans for less than $1, some garlic, and put it in a blender), whole grain crackers, etc. Walk every day and build stamina so you can run - every day. That's the beginning. That's what it will take. No one will talk you into it or give you reasons that will convince you - it is up to you, but it is possible to get in shape and to get healthy. If you really fear that it cannot be done, that's wrong. It can be. 99% of people can lose weight if they want to. I've worked with people and I've seen it happen.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #926 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:06 PM »

If that comes from your heart, with emotional intensity (nothing else with do), then there is some hope that you can fashion a new life for yourself. It takes courage, guts, honesty, and with no excuses, all of which are largely absent from your texts in your personal multiple threads. Yes, Bushie, absent. Good luck. I am pulling for you - this time. Pray on it. Think about it. Look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, what do I really want out of life? What will give it meaning, and joy? Without that, life is hell, really.

I say that as one who has made a lot of mistakes in my life. But I was able to change, and it was tough, but I guess I was blessed with the ability to be rather brutally honest with myself I think. I was lucky I guess.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #927 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »

From hearing about your mother's cooking, I don't buy there was only 800 calories in the spaghetti..
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #928 on: February 26, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »

From hearing about your mother's cooking, I don't buy there was only 800 calories in the spaghetti..
^^^^^^^^^^^
Calories sneak up on you fast when it comes to pasta.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #929 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

If that comes from your heart, with emotional intensity (nothing else with do), then there is some hope that you can fashion a new life for yourself. It takes courage, guts, honesty, and with no excuses, all of which are largely absent from your texts in your personal multiple threads. Yes, Bushie, absent. Good luck. I am pulling for you - this time. Pray on it. Think about it. Look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, what do I really want out of life? What will give it meaning, and joy? Without that, life is hell, really.

I say that as one who has made a lot of mistakes in my life. But I was able to change, and it was tough, but I guess I was blessed with the ability to be rather brutally honest with myself I think. I was lucky I guess.

And like others have said, it is up to him to make that choice. He can use the internet to learn how to eat, cook, put together an exercise plan, etc. But he does not do that. He hides behind ignorance, shielding himself from the things he knows he should do but won't because it will upset his comfortable lifestyle - a lifestyle that has no longevity. He claims to not know how to cook, how to properly exercise, and then merely waits around until someone holds his hand and shows him how to do it, which is completely unnecessary.

Change will come from within. Change will come when he finally looks in the mirror and says enough is enough, this is my life, I am 31 years old, and this is how I want to live it. Until then, he will continue to have his parents make decisions for him, and his live will continue to deteriorate in the views outside of those in his home.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #930 on: February 27, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

I mean, considering he is just sitting on his ass at home right now, he could tell his mom to take a break and cook healthy for the whole family. Not that its going to happen but if he took even a little bit of initiative he would do that.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #931 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:45 AM »

I mean, considering he is just sitting on his ass at home right now, he could tell his mom to take a break and cook healthy for the whole family. Not that its going to happen but if he took even a little bit of initiative he would do that.

No, no, remember, neither his mother, nor grandmother ever taught him how to cook... so he can't.

You know considering the shortage of cooking shows or the internet... it's a reasonable position.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #932 on: February 27, 2013, 05:36:25 AM »

BushOK will never change his diet. The only way he can is to change his lifestyle, and that means changing all he has ever known

I am beginning to believe that Bushie's fatness, is his shield, one of many against embracing life as an adult, and as a man.

If so then the last thing we should do is encourage the poor guy to abandon it!  After all, his life situation can't change - he's a poor and like all poors will remain so till death.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #933 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:18 AM »

Interesting developments today. So, BushOK is so lazy that he is sending his personal information over an internet forum for someone to fill out an application for him? Am I reading this right?

Its not that I'm lazy, its just that he offered and I took him up on the offer.  I've been doing some applying on my own in the past couple of hours, too.

Jeff... you gave your personal information to someone you don't know on an internet forum, to fill out an application online for you.. and they don't work there. Please, tell us how you're not that lazy? What else could possibly be taking up your time, to where you just simply can not spend the time doing this? It's like having the direct tv people come out to hook it up in your room. Can you simply NOT just watch tv in the living room?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #934 on: February 27, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »

No, no, remember, neither his mother, nor grandmother ever taught him how to cook... so he can't.

You know considering the shortage of cooking shows or the internet... it's a reasonable position.

Yes. If he actually wanted to change things, he would. Instead, he uses every excuse in the book to avoid them. First, he flat out lied about losing weight and now he just does his best to avoid it a little longer (cheat meals every day, and now he's abandoned it entirely since moving home).

Granted, I would hate being on a diet too if I was just opening cans and and eating straight from them, but he could learn how to cook online. It's not that hard.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #935 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:46 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2013, 09:16:01 AM by Mr. Morden »

I feel like Update has an interesting meta-story with regard to the reactions of the "audience".  Bushie himself hasn't really changed since the early days, but the audience's reactions have.

While folks here mocked Bushie's nonsense just as much in the early days, the tone has changed, and kind of gotten darker.  There's now an enhanced appreciation for how much he says is untrue, in a way that there wasn't early on.  And more recently, even while people are dispensing advice, they're simultaneously lamenting the fact that he's a lost cause, and that they're surely wasting their breath.  People are far more likely to dig the knife in with Bushie, noting that he's never going to change, and chastising him not just for being lazy and gullible, but for having a kind of parasitic relationship with his parents.

The tone has gotten much sharper ever since he announced that he was moving back in with his parents because his father told him to.  Bushie's also having a harder time directing the conversation where he wants it to go.  Other posters want to let him have it on his screwups well beyond the point at which he wants to redirect things to another topic, in a way that wasn't happening as much in the early seasons.

I'm not saying that these reactions are *undeserved*.  A man can't expect to post the same nonsense for years on end without getting this kind of backlash.  I just think it's interesting.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #936 on: February 27, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »

I think a lot of us are growing tired because of his regression. Much like Jersey Shore season 3's trip to Italy, many of us say the move to Utah as a new chapter in his life where he could finally get it right, as we felt Pauly D, the Situation and Vinny would find also get their Italian heritage right.

Instead, the trip was a waste and just siphoned more money from his parents. He has regressed even further from season 1, where he at least had stable employment at ONG and his own house. I think many of us are witnessing BushOK hitting rock bottom - 31 years old, extremely overweight, unemployed and living with his parents. It frustrates us because a lot of us have invested time in helping this man, only to be told we know nothing or that he is too helpless to help himself. The audience has now resorted to threats of turning off the show, as they feel not only has their advice been ignored to the point where BushOK has shown no progress in 5 seasons, he has actually gotten worse. Talk about deflation.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #937 on: February 27, 2013, 09:38:15 AM »

This "show" should be turned off. It's a disgrace that a such an immature, hopeless, and thoroughly sheltered individual should have a venue to trouble the world with his pathetic sob story. Stop clogging this forum with your pathetic excuses and recriminations about a life you have squandered. Change or not, we shouldn't care anymore. You got your chances, put up or sh**t up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #938 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »

This "show" should be turned off. It's a disgrace that a such an immature, hopeless, and thoroughly sheltered individual should have a venue to trouble the world with his pathetic sob story. Stop clogging this forum with your pathetic excuses and recriminations about a life you have squandered. Change or not, we shouldn't care anymore. You got your chances, put up or sh**t up.

To the Good Post Gallery!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #939 on: February 27, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »

Guys, I was there vehemently exhorting him not to leave the Natural Gas company... in fact my exhortations to him are some of my favorite posts of all time.  I was disappointed when he erred, and yet my well of sympathy for BushOK shall never run dry.  The terrible tragedy of the working class victim is not, to my mind, ameliorated one bit just because they 'might have' avoided the worst of it by 'other decisions'.  After all, the fact that the poor man can end up destitute because of a few less-than-perfect actions is a sign of his terrible subjected, powerless status.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #940 on: February 27, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »

I can see what everybody is saying.  It seems as if I'm not budging a lick on my stances and seem to make excuse after excuse.  And, really, I have.  I have heard people loud and clear, I will be getting outside and walking for about 30-45 minutes up and down the street enjoying this beautiful day.  It's 10:20 now, so I'll get out there at 11:00 after I do a few things in the house first.  While I cannot directly and completely control my diet right now, I can at least work off whatever I eat and cut back on what I do eat.  I will be fine, I can do this. No.. I WILL do this.  Just because I can't do my Biggest Loser Wii game for lack of space, I can get outside and walk.  Excuses are over.  Its time to get crackin'!  As soon as I do a few things in the house first that have to be done, I will be getting outside by 11:00 or 11:30 at the latest.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #941 on: February 27, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »

Why don't you start cooking too? I don't think your parents would mind? If you need to get more vegetables, tell them so. Vegetables cost less than meat so money shouldn't be the issue.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #942 on: February 27, 2013, 11:36:10 AM »

I'm just curious, what is your house like?  Any photos? Does it have a nice, clean, non-dank basement?  Or in particular a 'walk-out' basement?

I would suggest going to live in the basement - there you will be sort of 'away from' the family, and feel you have 'your own space' (for those private moments, you know what I mean).  With the proper level of preparation and mutual respect for 'lines', you could live out the rest of your parent's days there in the house without really increasing their overall costs that much or inconveniencing them much either.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #943 on: February 27, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »

I'm just curious, what is your house like?  Any photos? Does it have a nice, clean, non-dank basement?  Or in particular a 'walk-out' basement?

I would suggest going to live in the basement - there you will be sort of 'away from' the family, and feel you have 'your own space' (for those private moments, you know what I mean).  With the proper level of preparation and mutual respect for 'lines', you could live out the rest of your parent's days there in the house without really increasing their overall costs that much or inconveniencing them much either.

Moble home, bro.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #944 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »

While I cannot directly and completely control my diet right now, I can at least work off whatever I eat and cut back on what I do eat.  

Dude. Just tell your mom "I can't eat that."

Apparently not.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #945 on: February 27, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2013, 11:34:13 PM by Torie »

Jeff, do you lack the courage to ask your mother politely to change the cuisine while you are living at home because you really need to lose weight inasmuch  as it is a major health risk to you (let's keep it simple here, and not get into a lot of the detailed disclosure), and offer to help?  Or is cooking simply not "man's" work in Oklahoma, unless you're gay?  You don't think your mother is indifferent to your health do you?  And as others have said, while doing essentially nothing, why don't you offer to help doing the household chores, including cooking (cleaning too), rather than just being a total leach?  

We seem to have a situation where 1) you are afraid of your mother, 2) she cooks precisely the type of stuff you should not be eating, and is either unaware of that (is she really that ignorant?), and/or does not care much about you (is it your father who enables/misguides/entraps you?), and 3) you are too lazy and/or self absorbed to lend anyone a hand doing anything - it is always about you - and only you.

So, do I have this right?  What am I missing if I don't?

Why don't you stop posting this sh*t, and with the time saved, do some of this stuff all of us have been suggesting above, starting with helping with the cooking, and changing what is served, and helping out?  Do it - do it now. And a month from now, come back and give us an update (and a pic showing some discernible weight loss, maybe)?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #946 on: February 27, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

Seriously?!  I'm surprised. I thought he said his father was a technical editor at the defense contractor.. that surely warrants a normal house, particularly in Oklahoma, where a regular three bedroom house with a full basement costs maybe $90,000.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #947 on: February 27, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »

We have a single-wide mobile home.  So, obviously no basement.  My bedroom is very, very small.  The living room is the biggest room in the house, but the TV is generally regarded as "Dad's TV".  Mom and Dad sleep in separate rooms, Mom has the Master Bedroom and Dad has the bedroom on the other end of the trailer.  My bedroom is just about 3-4 feet from Dad's bedroom - halfway between his bedroom and the living room/front door.  My bedroom is called the "3rd bedroom".  The kitchen/dining room connects the living room and Mom's bedroom.  Mom's bathroom is everybody's bathroom for showers and getting ready of a morning.  The entire trailer, I think is 16' x 60'.  We have three sheds on the property for storage.  (They're too full to do any kind of pleasuring. Smiley )  One shed has the tractor, one shed has the Christmas decorations, and all three sheds have unwanted items from the house.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #948 on: February 27, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »

Bushie, this is going to be more difficult in Oklahoma than it would've been in SLC, but if you want to lose weight, go to shows and start moshing and dancing. I did an experiment in 2009, where I weighed myself in one of those gas station scales on the way to Indiana and on the way back, and discovered I lost six pounds over the weekend. That doesn't sound like a lot, but also consider that I had the worst diet ever, basically nothing but fast food, candy, potato chips and (lots and lots of) alcohol. Of course you supposed you first need to get money to go to such shows...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #949 on: February 27, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »

We have a single-wide mobile home.  So, obviously no basement.  My bedroom is very, very small.  The living room is the biggest room in the house, but the TV is generally regarded as "Dad's TV".  Mom and Dad sleep in separate rooms, Mom has the Master Bedroom and Dad has the bedroom on the other end of the trailer.  My bedroom is just about 3-4 feet from Dad's bedroom - halfway between his bedroom and the living room/front door.  My bedroom is called the "3rd bedroom".  The kitchen/dining room connects the living room and Mom's bedroom.  Mom's bathroom is everybody's bathroom for showers and getting ready of a morning.  The entire trailer, I think is 16' x 60'.  We have three sheds on the property for storage.  (They're too full to do any kind of pleasuring. Smiley )  One shed has the tractor, one shed has the Christmas decorations, and all three sheds have unwanted items from the house.

WOW!  I really thought Gramps was kidding!  The situation sounds terribly cramped to be honest.

Is this mobile home located in a 'park' where you rent the 'pad' or 'space', or on your owned lot in a town?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies