Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:50:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129051 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 05, 2013, 10:13:54 PM »

Crying in elementary school is the least strange thing we've learned about him over the years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1301 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:49 PM »

I wish PutinOnTheRitz would post more stories. He really is this season's breakout character.

In elementary school, Bushie was caught lying about the books he read. There were tears. In the middle of class.

I do remember that...

This guy is legit, Bushie?

I still have no idea who he is and he has not responded to my PM, but he has said one thing I don't remember saying, but the belief of the history teacher is accurate, and he has said this which I do remember.  So, sadly, this is a legit version of "RickRoll"..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1302 on: March 05, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »

Crying in elementary school is the least strange thing we've learned about him over the years.

I know, what kid DOESN'T do that?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1303 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »

Well, it's more the lying about accomplishments part of the story, which has parallels in our present-day story, though to be fair lots of kids lie about lots of things.

Nonetheless, I hope PotR continues to provide us with these fascinating anecdotes.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1304 on: March 05, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2013, 10:59:33 PM by Torie »

I have cried a few times as an adult. Once when an ex boyfriend while drunk caught me with his ex gf while we were in bed together in college, because he still had a key to her pad, and he punched me, and cops came, handcuffed him and hauled him away, and I was in the anteroom in just my underwear with the denizens of the college apartment building all in attendance (lots of noise around Midnight or so because the dude was shrieking), and at some point, I just needed an emotional  release, and started crying to let it all out.

I had quite the black eye from that one! A guy I was tutoring in economics was an MD in a prior life, and he was concerned. He said, did a baseball hit it? I said, no, but a fist shaped like a baseball did. He offered to examine me, but I said it was OK and we moved on. I am still kind of macho to this day - even as a queen. Tongue  Don't stereotype! Smiley

And I cried like a baby in the shower when my Dad died. It just hurt so much. I really adored the man. We were very close.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1305 on: March 05, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »

I have cried a few times as an adult. Once when an ex boyfriend while drunk caught me with his ex gf while we were in bed together in college, because he still had a key to her pad, and he punched me, and cops came, handcuffed him and hauled him away, and I was in the anteroom with the denizens of the college apartment building all in attendance, and at some point, I just needed a release, and started crying to let it all out. I had quite the black eye from that!

And I cried like a baby in the shower when my Dad died. It just hurt so much. I really adored the man. We were very close.

I'm can only imagine how you felt when you lost your Dad.  I'm sure I will be the same way when I lose my Dad (hopefully that won't be for many years, yet).

I'm not saying that only children cry, in fact I believe that REAL adults cry.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1306 on: March 05, 2013, 11:53:53 PM »

So you really had a teacher who thought Hitler should be considered Lincoln's son?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1307 on: March 05, 2013, 11:59:28 PM »

So you really had a teacher who thought Hitler should be considered Lincoln's son?

Pretty much.  He had a picture of Lincoln put under a picture of Hitler's head.  He hated Abe Lincoln and was asked once if he wishes the Confederacy won which he answered in the affirmative.  I wish I could remember his reasoning behind that, because a statement like that needs to be backed up, but I can't place it.  Mind you that was late 90s/early 00's.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1308 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »

Bushie, was your elementary school teacher Timothy McVeigh?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1309 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:43 AM »

Pretty much.  He had a picture of Lincoln put under a picture of Hitler's head.  He hated Abe Lincoln and was asked once if he wishes the Confederacy won which he answered in the affirmative.  I wish I could remember his reasoning behind that, because a statement like that needs to be backed up, but I can't place it.  Mind you that was late 90s/early 00's.

Well, that explains it then.  That was back when The War Between the States was still fresh in people's memories, and the emotions were still raw.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1310 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20:46 AM »

I want to say PotR is the best thing to come along in months! I hope he keeps posting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1311 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:06 AM »

Nope.  IIRC, he's still teaching. Smiley  He was my favorite teacher all through school, as well, because he dared to think outside the box and did not follow social norms.  I don't always agree with his positions, but I admire his tenacity to think outside the box and not care a lick what anyone cared about it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1312 on: March 06, 2013, 12:27:24 AM »

Well, that explains it then.  That was back when The War Between the States was still fresh in people's memories, and the emotions were still raw.

Haha, no the reference is that I don't remember everything from back then and unfortunately his reasoning did not stay in my memory bank.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1313 on: March 06, 2013, 12:52:28 AM »

I wish I could remember his reasoning behind that

He was probably just a racist?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1314 on: March 06, 2013, 02:04:44 AM »

I wish I could remember his reasoning behind that

He was probably just a racist?

This conclusion is probably a little too hard for Bushie to draw.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1315 on: March 06, 2013, 03:04:11 AM »

What is your waist size, Bushie?

In Jeans size, I wear 40, but they are just a tad big, but 38's a just a tad small.  I'd say probably 39.

Ok, that's pretty big as well. One of the criteria for metabolic syndrome actually. The other criteria are a fasting glucose above 100 mg/dl, BP above 135/80, Triglycerides above 150 mg/dl or HDL below 40. If you qualify for any of these other two, you have metabolic syndrome and are at a higher risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes. You should take your healthy very seriously or it will have grave consequences for you in the near future.

I don't know about the other three measures, but my blood pressure with the help of medication is normal and has been for quite a while.

Actually, the fact that you are taking medication for blood pressure means you qualify for that criteria.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1316 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »

Or StatesRights?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1317 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »

In Jeans size, I wear 40, but they are just a tad big, but 38's a just a tad small.  I'd say probably 39.

264 pounds and size 40?  More like 46
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1318 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »

OK, Oklahoma is a joke state, so are her schools. Yet I'm pretty sure Bushie is now just trolling us.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1319 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:17 AM »

In Jeans size, I wear 40, but they are just a tad big, but 38's a just a tad small.  I'd say probably 39.

264 pounds and size 40?  More like 46

Quite. I had a size 42 waist when I weighed 230 pounds at 6' 1.5." At that time, while I looked more like Bushie, I did not look like Bushie.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1320 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »

OK, Oklahoma is a joke state, so are her schools. Yet I'm pretty sure Bushie is now just trolling us.

I don't believe it either. And if a student in such a class, I would have gone straight to the principal after chewing out the teacher, in front of the other students, and tried to sic my parents on the case as well. I would have been enraged. And while it is Oklahoma, you would think that on parents day, at least some of the parents would have freaked out. It's BS.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1321 on: March 06, 2013, 11:08:31 AM »

264 pounds and size 40?  More like 46

No, my jeans and dress slacks are both 40x29.

I don't believe it either. And if a student in such a class, I would have gone straight to the principal after chewing out the teacher, in front of the other students, and tried to sic my parents on the case as well. I would have been enraged. And while it is Oklahoma, you would think that on parents day, at least some of the parents would have freaked out. It's BS.

Nobody really had a problem with it, because he explained it so well.  Not very many agreed with him, but just because he doesn't bow down to Abe Lincoln, doesn't mean he's a bad teacher.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1322 on: March 06, 2013, 11:30:56 AM »

There's a difference between criticizing Lincoln and comparing him to Adolf Hitler. Obviously, this isn't someone who should be charged with educating young children.

Also, the fact that you cite this guy as your favorite teacher kind of makes me think that POTR is the one remembering the story accurately and not you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1323 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:10 AM »

There's a difference between criticizing Lincoln and comparing him to Adolf Hitler. Obviously, this isn't someone who should be charged with educating young children.

Also, the fact that you cite this guy as your favorite teacher kind of makes me think that POTR is the one remembering the story accurately and not you.

He teaches high school, so these "kids" are practically adults and can make up their own minds a whole lot easier than a young child 5-10 years their junior.  Also his classes are electives, not required, and his classes are (or were in 1998-2001) Civil War, World War I, World War II, Old West, and Topics in African History.  This guy spends nearly all his free time studying and has a photographic memory and thus remembers almost every little detail about all these topics.  He's my favorite teacher because he always made me think and did not spout off the usual Abe Lincoln-worshiping nonsense that a lot of teachers preach.  Abe Lincoln was not a nice guy and is widely known as a jerk.  I don't think he was as bad as he points out, but like I said I don't have to agree with everything he says for him to be my favorite teacher.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1324 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20:47 PM »

It's funny because if he put up a picture of George W. Bush dressed as Hitler, the parents down there probably would have made sure he was thrown out on his ass within the week.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies