Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:29:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129174 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: March 16, 2013, 03:02:52 AM »

I haven't heard anything further from the job applications that I put in at Midnight Wednesday Morning, but I'm still holding out hope.  I'm going to try to fill out more applications later tonight and then look at the classified ads in this Sunday's newspaper to see what's new around town.
Have you sought out any of your personal connections at those vocations to put in a good word for you to their superiors?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1476 on: March 16, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »

While you were at Walgreens, did you apply for a job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1477 on: March 16, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »

While you were at Walgreens, did you apply for a job?

I didn't go to Walgreens.  I went to the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Indian Clinic Pharmacy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1478 on: March 16, 2013, 11:31:20 AM »

1 year ago right this very minute I was at Will Rogers World Airport checking in and about to go through security on my way to The Republic of Kenya.  It was a journey that would change my life forever.  One year later, my desire and my calling to eventually move to Kenya has not diminished a bit.  Satan has tried to steal the joy several times over the past 12 months, but to this point he has utterly failed!  Right now, I'm projecting I'll be in Kenya sometime in 2016 or early 2017.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1479 on: March 16, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »

Satan has tried to steal the joy several times

You're a positive font of quotable quotes!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1480 on: March 16, 2013, 03:34:35 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2013, 03:37:14 PM by Torie »

1 year ago right this very minute I was at Will Rogers World Airport checking in and about to go through security on my way to The Republic of Kenya.  It was a journey that would change my life forever.  One year later, my desire and my calling to eventually move to Kenya has not diminished a bit.  Satan has tried to steal the joy several times over the past 12 months, but to this point he has utterly failed!  Right now, I'm projecting I'll be in Kenya sometime in 2016 or early 2017.

You are blaming Satan now for what has gone awry in your life? Should I blame Satan when I hit on a boy toy, and my effort comes to naught?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1481 on: March 16, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »

1 year ago right this very minute I was at Will Rogers World Airport checking in and about to go through security on my way to The Republic of Kenya.  It was a journey that would change my life forever.  One year later, my desire and my calling to eventually move to Kenya has not diminished a bit.  Satan has tried to steal the joy several times over the past 12 months, but to this point he has utterly failed!  Right now, I'm projecting I'll be in Kenya sometime in 2016 or early 2017.

You are blaming Satan now for what has gone awry in your life? Should I blame Satan when I hit on a boy toy, and my effort comes to naught?

Why is it that everytime I bring anything related to my faith into this forum or my posts I get questioned or ridiculed or scoffed at?  Can I not believe what I believe and post what I believe without it coming under attack?Huh??
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1482 on: March 16, 2013, 04:30:54 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2013, 04:49:01 PM by Torie »

Well I think probably most question that your faith actually suggests that when things go wrong in your life, it necessarily means that it is all Satan's work for starters. Second man up. I get flack for having a lot of dough, and this is used to question my motives as to opinions on various issues. It comes with the territory, and I just laugh. BRTD gets sh*t because he is into emotional displays of religious fervor, and there has been a full court press lately bashing him to bits. Do you see him whining about it? F no! That is one thing I admire about BRTD. He just picks himself up off the floor, and keeps on going. He typically does not even take it personally.  And remember jmfcst and the abuse he got?  Did he whimper?

As I have said before, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. This place is the wrong place for you. We don't follow the Emily Post rules of etiquette around here. Deal with it. Free and rough and tumble debate is what it is all about, and it will remain so, as long as I have anything to do with it - and influence over it. That's a promise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1483 on: March 16, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »

I apologize for the rant.  I don't know why I went off.  I don't blame Satan.  What I was getting at is that he has tried to dampen my enthusiasm and showing me all the comforts of America.  My calling and desire has not waned a bit.

As far as life's troubles, I never use the excuse "the devil made me do it.".  I do man up and own my mistakes, though it may take some prodding because I am a stubborn, hard-headed man.  I know my own weaknesses well enough that I am quick to give God the glory for all good things.  If left completely up to me, I would mess everything up, bar none.  I am dependent on God, and He has never let me down.  The times I do fall flat on my face is when I let go of God's hand.  He has equipped me to be successful and in His eyes I am successful.  I don't expect Him to fix everything completely without me working at it.  I've got to give Him my all and He will give me His all in return.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1484 on: March 17, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »

When I get home from church this afternoon, I will be getting into the Sunday paper and map out my strategy this week.  I am going to search for three weeks, because that's the earliest date that the plane tickets will be purchased for Kenya in June.  If I have not started a job or if I have not received a guaranteed offer by 6:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2013, I will suspend the job search until I get back from Africa and resume my job search on Monday, July 1, 2013.  I am not about to throw away a $2,000 plane ticket and I'm not about to waste the money of that generous donor.  I will look as hard as I can for the next three weeks, but starting on Monday, April 8, 2013 it is all about Kenya for the entire second quarter of 2013 until Monday, July 1, 2013
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1485 on: March 17, 2013, 10:09:32 AM »

Let's not waste our time anymore, friends.

[/thread]
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1486 on: March 17, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »

When I get home from church this afternoon, I will be getting into the Sunday paper and map out my strategy this week.  I am going to search for three weeks, because that's the earliest date that the plane tickets will be purchased for Kenya in June.  If I have not started a job or if I have not received a guaranteed offer by 6:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2013, I will suspend the job search until I get back from Africa and resume my job search on Monday, July 1, 2013.  I am not about to throw away a $2,000 plane ticket and I'm not about to waste the money of that generous donor.  I will look as hard as I can for the next three weeks, but starting on Monday, April 8, 2013 it is all about Kenya for the entire second quarter of 2013 until Monday, July 1, 2013

Jeff, you are running cover for your own excuses here. You are passive aggressively, half a$sing the job search. You know that you could get yourself out of this. As I mentioned you could try to auction this up or something.  You could pay your benefactor off that way and maybe even raise some money for the charity. And the plane tickets aren't in your bleeding name.  Come on man. You know you are in no position to be charitable here. This is a vanity project that someone is footing the bill for.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1487 on: March 17, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »

Let's not waste our time anymore, friends.

[/thread]

Yeah. This is all a rather pointless exercise. Nothing we say has ever and never will do anything. When he stops lying to himself, then he can move forward. At that time there will be no need for an update.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1488 on: March 17, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »

Well I think probably most question that your faith actually suggests that when things go wrong in your life, it necessarily means that it is all Satan's work for starters. Second man up. I get flack for having a lot of dough, and this is used to question my motives as to opinions on various issues. It comes with the territory, and I just laugh. BRTD gets sh*t because he is into emotional displays of religious fervor, and there has been a full court press lately bashing him to bits. Do you see him whining about it? F no! That is one thing I admire about BRTD. He just picks himself up off the floor, and keeps on going. He typically does not even take it personally.  And remember jmfcst and the abuse he got?  Did he whimper?

As I have said before, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. This place is the wrong place for you. We don't follow the Emily Post rules of etiquette around here. Deal with it. Free and rough and tumble debate is what it is all about, and it will remain so, as long as I have anything to do with it - and influence over it. That's a promise.

Thanks Torie. Ultimately though there's no reason why anyone should be unhappy because people on the Internet don't like you or make fun of you. I mean it's an Internet message board. Bushie of course should be far more concerned about the issues in his life that actually affect him than the mocking he gets for posting about them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1489 on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:43 PM »

Jeff, you are running cover for your own excuses here. You are passive aggressively, half a$sing the job search. You know that you could get yourself out of this. As I mentioned you could try to auction this up or something.  You could pay your benefactor off that way and maybe even raise some money for the charity. And the plane tickets aren't in your bleeding name.  Come on man. You know you are in no position to be charitable here. This is a vanity project that someone is footing the bill for.

So, you are saying I should not even go to Africa period in 2013 or 2014 and auction this benevolence to the highest bidder?  Are you out of your mind?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1490 on: March 17, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »

So, you are saying I should not even go to Africa period in 2013 or 2014 and auction this benevolence to the highest bidder?  Are you out of your mind?

patrick has a job and pays his bills.  He just wants you to do the same.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1491 on: March 17, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »

And not fulfill what I was called to do?  I'm sorry, but I take my faith seriously, it is not a laughing matter.  I never said I was going to do the job search haphazardly, I was brought up to not spit in the face of someone who gives you something.  If this plane ticket it bought and I, personally, don't use it, I will be spitting in the face of that benefactor.  I'm better than that.

Oh, by the way, I will be moving to Kenya in 4 years.  I have been mocked for wanting to do what GOD has told me to do.  I do not own my life.  God owns my life and He will do with it what He pleases.  I will have a job soon, but I refuse to spit in His face and I refuse to spit in the face of my benefactor.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1492 on: March 17, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »

I am not suggesting that you profit in any way.  Let someone else go. I was suggesting auction because maybe  you could raise some money for the orphanage instead of being a tourist. Oprhans don't need some Americans gawking at them. They need money and support.  You can't provide that in your financial situation.  You are currently a charity case on your own. This venture is absurd.
That is not to say that you couldnt ever put yourself in a position to help and do great things.

In short, someone barely treading water shouldn't try to save drowning people.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1493 on: March 17, 2013, 01:10:08 PM »

Bushie, please name a single time since this series of threads started you ignored advice on the forum, did your own thing instead, and it was for the better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1494 on: March 17, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

I am not suggesting that you profit in any way.  Let someone else go. I was suggesting auction because maybe  you could raise some money for the orphanage instead of being a tourist. Oprhans don't need some Americans gawking at them. They need money and support.  You can't provide that in your financial situation.  You are currently a charity case on your own. This venture is absurd.
That is not to say that you couldnt ever put yourself in a position to help and do great things.

In short, someone barely treading water shouldn't try to save drowning people.

This money was intended for me to go.  Even to let someone else go would be to spit in the benefactor's face and change the intent of their donation without their consent.

I'm not doing THAT badly in my circumstances.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1495 on: March 17, 2013, 01:12:59 PM »

Benefactor = Granny.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1496 on: March 17, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »

I am not going to postpone my life just because I don't have a job and I will actively enjoy life while I'm trying to rebound.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1497 on: March 17, 2013, 01:15:51 PM »

Wrong.  She doesn't even go to the same church and it was a donor from the church.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1498 on: March 17, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »

probably. Liking this metaphor he has worked himself into.  

Bushie's been spitting in the face of common sense for a good 3 years now.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1499 on: March 17, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »

I am not going to postpone my life just because I don't have a job and I will actively enjoy life while I'm trying to rebound.

...How Bushie takes advice on the Atlas forum

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies