Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:23:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129222 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: March 19, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

Okay, Inks.  We both need to calm down.  You're upset, I'm trying not to get upset.  I think it would be better if we both left this thread for the rest of the night and divert the rest of the evening to the rest of the forum.

We won't get anywhere by shouting at each other like children.

I'm not going to lock this thread, but if I could respectfully ask that nobody post on it the rest of the evening until cooler heads can prevail, I would appreciate it.

When we come back in the morning, let's change the narrative of this thread, because its obvious we're not getting anywhere.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1651 on: March 19, 2013, 04:13:35 PM »

I'm not upset...  I'm not shouting.  But if I just use cuddly soft language with you, you don't ever seem to get it.  The fact that you're getting upset means I've struck a nerve, which means that somewhere deep down, you know I'm right.  If only I could get that feeling to come to the surface and for you to acknowledge that, you might actually start making right decisions for once.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1652 on: March 19, 2013, 04:31:26 PM »

The plot line this season is such an interesting one. I am fascinated by it. Things have gotten so dark that most have resulted to attacking one another and BushOK fighting back, knowing deep down how wrong he is for all he has done.

I also think BushOK calling these poor kids his children is incredibly wrong, but he will continue to do it, so no need to harp on him. The damage has been done, and the heartbreak will ensue eventually when he is unable to adopt them barring some miracle of he meeting a woman who will go through with a marriage. That said, he needs a girl. This show desperately needs some love in it. The glory days were when Susan and Tiffanye were regular characters.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1653 on: March 19, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »

No, the show is getting good again now the God is appearing once again and talking to Bushie. Without God giving orders, this show has nothing. That was the problem with the Utah episodes. Evidently, God refuses to speak in that unfriendly territory.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1654 on: March 19, 2013, 06:31:25 PM »

The fact is I am able to go now.  I won't be able to in March 2014.  The next time I can go is late 2014.  I hope you're not suggesting I should wait another 18-24 months to see my children?  Nearly 3 years is too long for this father not to see his kids.  Nobody can argue with the fact that I am their daddy or that my love for them is like a father.

i just got a serious case of the douche chills reading that.

look bushie im not going to ride your ass for not working like the others here...because honestly, i think you have some mental issues that need to be addressed before you are capable of holding down a job.

but when you start talking about loving your babies in africa...it creeps me out a little.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1655 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »

That last sentence is patently false. The rest was just foolish.

In Maisha's books, I am Dad to two wonderful children.  They are not my birth children, and I have not legally adopted them, but according to Maisha International Orphange, I am Dad.  That is what matters.

Bulletproof argument Bushie, all the force of law and validity of....
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1656 on: March 19, 2013, 07:49:10 PM »

Long story short... YOU need to get YOUR life in order...

This plan is just a continuation of bad advice being taken while good advice is being ignored.

The other thing, stop setting yourself up for disappointment and heartbreak. These aren't your kids, and while appreciative of the support, they don't think of you that way.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1657 on: March 19, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »

Yes. One of the biggest responsibilities of being a parent is having a stable life and being able to provide for your kids. Right now, BushOK has neither, and doesn't have the same urgency I would have if I had 2 kids I was trying to provide for. I expect he is now having his parents send in $30/month to his kids, unless he managed to save any money from his last job. But we are different, so I guess it doesn't matter so much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1658 on: March 19, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »

Even though my job search is technically on hold, I still find myself searching through Career Builder periodically mainly for the reason that I'm starting to go stir crazy not being productive.  I'm not willing to give up this easy, no matter what the plans are.  This is my life I'm talking about, not my parents' life, but it is my life.  I have another Kenya meeting on Sunday, April 14, 2013.  I will find out then exactly when the tickets will be bought or when the point of no return is.  It's doubtful the tickets will be purchased before 4/14, so that will give me at least an extra week on top of what I originally set for myself.  I am thinking about continuing my search at least until the tickets are actually purchased.  When the tickets are bought, and if I still don't have an offer, I can suspend the search until July 1, but I'm seriously starting to go stir crazy.  I would like to be out doing something.  That's one of the reasons I spent six hours out of the house on Monday job searching.  And, to answer an earlier question from Inks, I fully intend on keeping my phone on for those companies should they desire to invite me in for an interview.  I'm going to make a few phone calls the rest of the week all the while running other errands.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1659 on: March 19, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »

Career Builder is the whole reason you are into this mess to begin with. Stay AWAY from it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1660 on: March 19, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »

Career Builder is the whole reason you are into this mess to begin with. Stay AWAY from it.

They also got me the job at Dell, which was my best job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1661 on: March 19, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »

This is my life I'm talking about, not my parents' life, but it is my life.

Not really... if your parents are subsidizing your life, it's affecting their lives too.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1662 on: March 19, 2013, 11:50:24 PM »

I'm not willing to give up this easy, no matter what the plans are.  This is my life I'm talking about, not my parents' life, but it is my life.

Sounds like there's tension between what you want and what they want on this, just like there was over whether to move back to Oklahoma.

You seem to be alternating between "There's a plan that we all agree on, and we're following that plan" and "My parents have a plan for me, but I'm not sure I agree with it."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1663 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »

Bushie, by the time you actually move to Kenya, your children will probably be young adults. Will you then adopt cuter replacement children?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1664 on: March 20, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »

I'm not willing to give up this easy, no matter what the plans are.  This is my life I'm talking about, not my parents' life, but it is my life.

Sounds like there's tension between what you want and what they want on this, just like there was over whether to move back to Oklahoma.

You seem to be alternating between "There's a plan that we all agree on, and we're following that plan" and "My parents have a plan for me, but I'm not sure I agree with it."

More like unsurety of what I actually want.  The only things I know for sure is I will be enrolling and going to school in August and that I will end up in Kenya in late 2016 or 2017.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1665 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »

More like unsurety of what I actually want.  The only things I know for sure is I will be enrolling and going to school in August and that I will end up in Kenya in late 2016 or 2017.

In that case, there's tension between "We've got a solid plan, and everything is going according to plan" and "I'm not really sure what I want".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1666 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »

Bushie, by the time you actually move to Kenya, your children will probably be young adults. Will you then adopt cuter replacement children?

If I move in late 2016 or January-February 2017, my son will be 12 and my daughter will be 15.  You can do the math for March or later 2017.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1667 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48:16 AM »

In that case, there's tension between "We've got a solid plan, and everything is going according to plan" and "I'm not really sure what I want".

The tension lies between the plan and not sure I can hold out that long.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1668 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

This is just an offshoot of the battle BushOK has fought this entire series - that between what he inherently knows is right and what his parents tell him is right. We see it in his relationship with women, sex, his diet, work, etc, I could go on ad nauseam.

The last few posts have confirmed to me that BushOK knows all of this plan nonsense is a disaster, yet he is torn between defying his parents, who have him by the balls, or doing what he feels is best for his life. It is painfully obvious given the volatility of his previous few posts.

I sympathize with that, because I have known plenty of people who struggle to break free from overbearing parents, especially when they are supporting them finically through school. It is difficult to tell them no. The only glaring difference is, the people I know are 23-24, not 31. I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope he is able to find his own way one day.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1669 on: March 20, 2013, 10:50:59 AM »

If I move in late 2016 or January-February 2017, my son will be 12 and my daughter will be 15.  You can do the math for March or later 2017.

Jeff, you do not have a son and daughter.  Stop telling people that you do.  You're not even someone they should look up to as a father.  A father is supposed to take care of his children, but you can't even take care of yourself.  You're still a "child" for many intents and purposes - you live at home, your parents pay many of your expenses, you have little or no self control, you don't have a job... that is not the type of person who should be a father figure to anybody.

Your attachment to these children is unnatural and unhealthy.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1670 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:50 AM »

Whether or not this is true--and I don't disagree with the forum consensus on his relationship with these kids--I would say the same about your own need to discipline and berate Jeff.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1671 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »

Whether or not this is true--and I don't disagree with the forum consensus on his relationship with these kids--I would say the same about your own need to discipline and berate Jeff.

Discipline?  Not sure what that means...
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1672 on: March 20, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »

The inevitable heart attack will see to it that you never end up in Kenya.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1673 on: March 20, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2013, 11:43:12 AM by Easter Bushie »

If I move in late 2016 or January-February 2017, my son will be 12 and my daughter will be 15.  You can do the math for March or later 2017.

Jeff, you do not have a son and daughter.  Stop telling people that you do.  You're not even someone they should look up to as a father.  A father is supposed to take care of his children, but you can't even take care of yourself.  You're still a "child" for many intents and purposes - you live at home, your parents pay many of your expenses, you have little or no self control, you don't have a job... that is not the type of person who should be a father figure to anybody.

Why do you constantly berate me?  Do you have nothing positive to say?

Do you really think badgering me and telling me how worthless I am is going to get me to look inside myself and say "you're right, Inks, I'm a failure."  I'm not looking for cuddly soft language as you put it,  but there is a lot of room between cuddly soft language and harsh, berating, false accusations.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1674 on: March 20, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »

Why do you constantly berate me?  Do you have nothing positive to say?

Inks is insecure, Bush, terribly insecure.  Just let it roll off your back.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies