Mexico: 9-Year-Old Has Given Birth to Baby Girl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:53:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Mexico: 9-Year-Old Has Given Birth to Baby Girl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mexico: 9-Year-Old Has Given Birth to Baby Girl  (Read 1725 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2013, 07:17:35 AM »

EXICO CITY February 7, 2013 (AP)

Mexican authorities say a 9-year-old girl has given birth in western Mexico and they are looking for the purported father, a 17-year-old.

Jalisco state police spokesman Lino Gonzalez says the baby girl was born last week at a hospital in the city of Guadalajara. He says the girl and her baby are doing well.

Gonzalez said Wednesday that the girl's family alerted authorities after she gave birth and the alleged father has not been seen since in the neighborhood the both live in. He says that if the teenager's paternity is proven he could face child sex abuse charges.

Gonzalez says the girl told authorities the teenager was her boyfriend.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-year-birth-baby-girl-18424377

Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:20:02 PM »

This is the sickest thing I've heard of in a long time.  A 9-year-old, practically still a baby herself, now is a 9-year-old mother.  What is the world coming to?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

Nothing.  This isn't even a record.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »

Probably not, but it doesn't make it any less sickening.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:32:16 AM »

Not even close to the record, which is 5. 9 year olds get pregnant all the time, unfortunately.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 02:18:48 AM »

18 year old grandma?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 02:36:00 AM »

Not even close to the record, which is 5.

WHAT? How is that physically possible? I mean, from what I remember of high school bio classes, even 9 would be quite a stretch...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 03:01:14 AM »

WHAT? How is that physically possible? I mean, from what I remember of high school bio classes, even 9 would be quite a stretch...

The fertility age is going down, same for puberty. Before 11-12 was a normal age for puberty, now the average is closer to 10 (and some studies are at 9 and a couple of months for the average beginning for girls) and 8-9 is pretty common. If you go back to the 1800's, the average age for puberty was 15-16, even 17, so, the trend isn't new.

Many are blaming the hormones in foods, or phtalates, or stress of modern life, etc...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 03:23:20 AM »

Stress of modern life? For eight year olds? I'm sorry, but if you ask me, eight year olds have it way easier these days than they ever did before. Kids used to have to walk to school. Kids used to fear getting the strap. What's so stressful about life today? Video games, iPods, and rides to class? Bleh.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 04:13:37 AM »

Stress of modern life? For eight year olds? I'm sorry, but if you ask me, eight year olds have it way easier these days than they ever did before. Kids used to have to walk to school. Kids used to fear getting the strap. What's so stressful about life today? Video games, iPods, and rides to class? Bleh.

Well, studies are showing than the absence of a parent, living in a high-stress household or being adopted from another country can bring the puberty a couple of months earlier.

On the other hand, kids which fled with their family their country and bacame refugees often have puberty a couple of months later than average.

It's stats and epidemiology, so, the issue is to find the real cause (finding a correlation doesn't mean there is a direct causation (the exemple is more thiefs are happening in summer, more ice cream is sold in summer, there is correlation, but the increase in thiefs isn't caused by ice cream), so, it's only hypothesis). The real cause of that shift are still unknown, but they are studied by scientists.

Just give them time.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 05:36:21 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2013, 05:49:02 AM by Esecutore di Mida »

Precocious Puberty is a rare medical condition. There are several factors that can cause it. Without such medical causes, eight years old is considered the youngest age at which menarche ever happens. (Nine years old for the - less easily datable - male equivalent.)

"Happens all the time" is incorrect; "nine years old" happens about once a year worldwide at current. (EDIT: That's giving birth, not getting pregnant which was what Earl actually said. I'm sure that happens a lot more often; most children of nine year old mothers are presumably aborted or miscarried.)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »

Walking to school isn't 'stressful'.  Modern capitalist life is fraught with enormous and often insoluble insecurities, compared to old fashioned communitarian life.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 08:40:21 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2013, 08:42:19 AM by Leftbehind »

Walking to school isn't 'stressful'.  Modern capitalist life is fraught with enormous and often insoluble insecurities, compared to old fashioned communitarian life.

Yep, agree completely. I do love this notion that because technology has advanced and you're now able to listen to music on the move (and goods have become cheaper as productions outsourced to countries providing cheaper labour) the difficulties that parents feel in the context of our uncertain and hyper-competitive economies won't impact children. That miserable, stressed over-worked parents, unsure of their jobs - if they can even get one - facing sky-high rents, ever-increasing bills and inflation won't convey those worries on to  pre-tweens and tweens alike is nonsense.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »

And walking to school, and the amount of physical activity children used to get, are likely to keep them from obesity. I'd be surprised if healthy children weren't also in better mental shape, including how stressed they are.
Benj

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2013, 10:27:13 AM by Benj »

A very small number of girls have extremely early onset puberty. It's very, very rare but not totally unknown for girls to start menstruating abnormally early. Alternatively, it is possible though deeply unlikely for pregnancy to occur when an ovum is somehow "knocked loose" before puberty begins. Obviously such an early pregnancy requires a confluence of bad factors: a girl experiencing very early puberty and a pedophile rapist, typically within the family.

I will point out that it is not due to hormones or chemicals or whatever, at least not the known cases. The only recorded 5-year-old mother gave birth in 1939 in Peru, certainly not an environment likely to be awash in plastics or "modern" stresses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina

There are also two recorded 6-year-old mothers. Interestingly, there are no recorded 7-year-old mothers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »

Apply to the large population of the world. A few kids here and there are going to get pregnant. Not a good thing, certainly, but just a probability.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 10:30:23 AM »

Apply to the large population of the world. A few kids here and there are going to get pregnant. Not a good thing, certainly, but just a probability.

The world would be a better place if more people understood that distribution...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »

...which would include understanding how uncommon it is in nature.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »

...which would include understanding how uncommon it is in nature.

True.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »

Her vagina must be like a sleeping bag right now.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 06:24:54 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2013, 05:03:00 AM by ModerateCoward »

What kind of 17 year old fuc ktard would find a 9 year old attractive? I thought pedophilia is associated with older ages.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »

Her vagina must be like a sleeping bag right now.
I am ashamed to have laughed at this.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 07:16:20 AM »

What kind of 17 year old fuc ktard would find a 9 year old attractive? I thought pedophilia is associated with older ages.
That's because no one bats an eyelid at a 14 year old finding a 12 year old attractive. Once said 14 year old is 29 and still looking out for 12 year olds, though...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »

That's because no one bats an eyelid at a 14 year old finding a 12 year old attractive. Once said 14 year old is 29 and still looking out for 12 year olds, though...
Is the implication here that someone who found a person two years younger than them as a kid is going to find people that exact (not relative) age attractive forever?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:01 AM »

Is the implication here that someone who found a person two years younger than them as a kid is going to find people that exact (not relative) age attractive forever?
God, no. The reverse holds, though. It's about the problems of prediction more than anything else.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies