Minimum wage increase from $7.25 to $9.00 per hour (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:40:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Minimum wage increase from $7.25 to $9.00 per hour (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Obama's proposal to increase the minimum wage?
Yes, but $9 is not enough.

Yes, its about right.

No, but we should keep it as it is.

No, and we should eliminate the minimum wage.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Minimum wage increase from $7.25 to $9.00 per hour  (Read 11943 times)
t_host1

« on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »

Raising the floor for eligible legal survival only continues the Obama/Clinton progressive crippling of the USA - its ability to create the next/new auto, phone, energy, Gov. and food industries that are not legacy indebted. The older goods and services consumed today are heavily weighted with non-producing cost, hence, why I voted to eliminate the minimum wage, once realized, the 40hr work rule will be oblivious to be not good for the cost living also.
t_host1

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »

Raising the floor for eligible legal survival only continues the Obama/Clinton progressive crippling of the USA - its ability to create the next/new auto, phone, energy, Gov. and food industries that are not legacy indebted. The older goods and services consumed today are heavily weighted with non-producing cost, hence, why I voted to eliminate the minimum wage, once realized, the 40hr work rule will be oblivious to be not good for the cost living also.

Perfect - falling wages is the prime plank of the Republican Party!
Great headline, on the back page, “progressive tax participation revenue falls”; Obamacare has no more money - special needs & preexisting conditions now suspended…
...which is real?
t_host1

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »

In response to the OP, I do not think the minimum wage should exist. Ensuring individuals have enough resources to meet their most basic needs is in my opinion a responsibility of state when a person does not achieve it on their own. It does not make sense to burden firms with this kind of regulation. I reckon it is better to have a guaranteed minimum income and strong welfare regime.

My fear is that businesses would take advantage of that system by paying their employees an extremely low wage, knowing that it doesn't matter because the government will just write them a check anyway. Which could ultimately be even more expensive than our current system.

Perfect - falling wages is the prime plank of the Republican Party!
Great headline, on the back page, “progressive tax participation revenue falls”; Obamacare has no more money - special needs & preexisting conditions now suspended…
...which is real?

What
This is actually one of his more easily-decipherable posts:
"That would make a great headline. And on the back page: 'Tax Participation, Revenue Fall; Obamacare Special Needs and Pre-existing Conditions Provisions Suspended.'
Which one seems more realistic?"
I'm not sure what that has to do with what you posted, though.

I took t_host1's post to mean strong, almost sycophantic support for what I had just posted.
From a liberal prospective, I thought it was pretty good how taking off the training wheels becomes a time of political hysteria, framed rather well.  Liberal instincts of survival will be hard to overcome that the next growth economy will require.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies