Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107402 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 04, 2005, 12:18:54 AM »

The Line of Succession Act

Primary Sponsor: Senator MAS117 (UP-NJ)
Co-Sponsor: Senator Colin Wixted (UP-PA)
                     Senator Gabu, President Pro Tempore (I-UT)   

Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent, to submit my bill for a reading and debate.
This bill will take affect after the passing and signing of the new Constitution. The Presidential Line of Succession is hereby amended to read:

I.) Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia
II.) President Pro Tempore of the Senate
III.) Secretary of Forum Affairs
IV.) Attorney General
V.) Secretary of Defense & Forum Security
VI.) Secretary of State
VII.) Secretary of Treasury
VIII.) Chief Justice of the Atlasian Supreme Court
IX.) Senior Associate Justice of the Atlasian Supreme Court
X.) Junior Associate Justice of the Atlasian Supreme Court
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:02:24 AM »

The Government Thread Act

Primary Sponsor:Senator MAS117 (UP-NJ)

Clause I[/u]
There shall be a creation of a Government HQ thread, maintained by the Secretary of Forum Affairs, here on the Atlas Fantasy Government board.

Clause II[/u]
Every cabinet member must have a thread containing there respective offices, also there needs to be a thread for the President and if the Vice President chooses too, a Vice Presidential thread.

Clause III[/u]
All cabinet members threads and Presidential and Vice Presidential threads must be included in the Government HQ thread. The Atlasian Constitution must also be linked in the Government HQ thread. All other threads that should be posted in the Government board will be approved by the Secretary of Forum Affairs.

Clause IV[/u]
The Government HQ thread should be stickied at all times.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 08:41:49 PM »

Mr. President, I ask consent to be named as a Co-Sponsor to Sam Spades recent bill of the Freedom Acts of 2005.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 03:15:16 PM »

Perserving the Name Bill[/u]

Clause I[/u]
Despite his name change to "Mike Naso," Mr. Naso can and still be always refered to has either Chief of Staff Mike Naso or Senator Senator Mike Naso (until the end of his Senate term).

Clause II[/u]
Despite his name change, all official Atlasian Gov't documents will refer to "Mike Naso" as Chief of Staff Mike Naso.

I am willing to take Co-Sponsors on this bill. Smiley
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 03:24:27 PM »

I ask that my must recent bill go directly to a vote.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »

I withdraw "Preserving the Name Bill"
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 06:36:01 PM »

A Resolution to Install Atlasia on the United Nations Human Rights Council

Respectfully submitted by Davenport Central High School

1 Whereas; The Republic of Atlasia  is the leading contributor to human rights causes

2 throughout the world.

3 Whereas; Noted human rights abusers such as Cuba and Saudi Arabia sit on

4 the United Nations Human Rights Council.

5 Whereas; The Republic of Atlasia is rated as the top industrial

Be it resolved that; The Republic of Alasia should be installed on the United Nations Human Rights Council.

HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

The Diplomatic Mission Act[/u]

Primary Sponsor:[/u] Senator MAS117 (CUP-NJ)
Co-Sponsor[/u]: Senator Colin Wixted (CUP-PA)

§ I. The President of Atlasia shall have power to negoitiate Treaties and establish diplomatic relations with other micronations or forums, but such Treaties and relations shall only have effect where ratified by the Senate.

§ II. If the need arises within the establishment of a relationship with another foreign entity, the President shall appoint Ambassadors with the advice and consent of the majority of the Senate.

§ III. The Ambassadorship does not qualify as an Office under the Government of Atlasia.

§ IV. The Presidential nominee for an Ambassadorship must be be voted for in the affirmative by a majority of the Senate in order to be confirmed.

§ V. The Ambassador's will report directly to the Secretary of State, who in turn will report directly to the President of Atlasia.

§ VI. It shall be the job of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (a sub-department within the Department of State) to protect Ambassdor's in foreign nations. It shall be the job of the Marine Security Guard Battalion to guard and protect Atlasian Embassies in foreign nations.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2005, 04:05:10 PM by Senator MAS117 »

The Nuclear Restriction Act[/u]

Written By:[/u] Secretary of State Siege40
Primary Sponsor:[/u] Senator MAS117 (CUP-NJ)

§ I The Government of Atlasia will neither sell technology in the process to generate nuclear weapons, or operational nuclear weapons to foreign powers.

§ II. In the Foreign Policy, all instances referring to ‘No military Restrictions,’ excludes nuclear weapons and nuclear weapon technology.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 02:51:16 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2005, 04:55:07 PM by Senator MAS117 »

I withdraw the The Bringing The Vote Resolution.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 07:52:08 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2005, 11:14:51 PM by Senator MAS117 »

Senate Resolution

Primary Sponsor: Senator MAS117

Whereas, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby recongizes and thanks forum member Jravnsbo for his service in the United States Armed Forces, as he is off in Iraq guarding our freedom and protecting our nation. 

Whereas, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby authorizes and urges the President of the Republic of Atlasia to bestow and nominate Jravnsbo for the Atlasian Silver Star.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 05:42:53 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2005, 06:04:26 PM by Senator MAS117 »

The Repeal of the ANWR Drilling Authorization Bill

1.) The entirety of the ANWR Drilling Authorization Bill is hereby repealed.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 06:09:22 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2005, 06:37:23 PM by Senator MAS117 »

Candidacy Declaration Bill[/u]

Primary Sponsor:[/b] Senator MAS117
Co-Sponsor:[/b] Senator Sam Spade

The Senate notes that:

1. Under Article I, Section 4, Clause 6 and Article I, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution the Senate is delegated the power to determine procedures for declaration of candidacy in federal elections.

2. In the interim, Article VIII, Section 2, Clause 3 sets the Candidacy Declaration period at 7 days for Scheduled elections and 2 days for Regular elections.

Clauses:

1. All declarations of candidacy must be submitted to a thread established by the Secretary of Forum Affairs for this purpose in the (Voting Booth ?). This thread shall be linked from the Atlas Forum Headquarters and Government Headquarters threads.

2. The Secretary of Forum Affairs shall post in the thread when the candidacy declaration period for a particular election shall have expired.

3. All declarations must list the office being sought and the party label being used by the candidate. Such declarations of candidacy may be withdrawn or amended up to the end of the candidacy declaration period, and the declaration of withdrawl of a candidacy must be done in the same thread that the candidate declared in.

4. For all declarations of candidacy to the Senate, the candidate must be resident in the relevant District or Region at the time of candidacy declaration, else the declaration shall not be valid.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 06:36:51 PM »

Candidacy Declaration Bill[/u]

The Senate notes that:

1. Under Article I, Section 4, Clause 6 and Article I, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution the Senate is delegated the power to determine procedures for declaration of candidacy in federal elections.

2. In the interim, Article VIII, Section 2, Clause 3 sets the Candidacy Declaration period at 7 days for Scheduled elections and 2 days for Regular elections.

Clauses:

1. All declarations of candidacy must be submitted to a thread established by the Secretary of Forum Affairs for this purpose in the (Voting Booth ?). This thread shall be linked from the Atlas Forum Headquarters and Government Headquarters threads.

2. The Secretary of Forum Affairs shall post in the thread when the candidacy declaration period for a particular election shall have expired.

3. All declarations must list the office being sought and the party label being used by the candidate. Such declarations of candidacy may be withdrawn or amended up to the end of the candidacy declaration period, and the declaration of withdrawl of a candidacy must be done in the same thread that the candidate declared in.

4. For all declarations of candidacy to the Senate, the candidate must be resident in the relevant District or Region at the time of candidacy declaration, else the declaration shall not be valid.

I'd like to be a co-sponsor to this legislation if that's possible.

I also might suggest that this thread be stickied in the Atlas Fantasy Elections board, since it really is very relevant to that.

I will add the distinguished gentlemen as a Co-Sponsor to this bill. Sure I will post it in the other board.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 12:45:37 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2005, 06:27:50 AM by Senator MAS117 »

The Helicopter Rearmament Bill

Co-Sponsor:[/b] Senator Supersoulty

§ I. The Treasury of Atlasia shall allocate $1.5 billion dollars to Bell Helicopter, a Textron Company, towards the funding, building, and arming of 50 new AH-1Z Cobra Helicopters for use in the Atlasian Marine Corp.

§ II. The Treasury of Atlasia shall allocate $843.75 million dollars to Boeing to fund, build, and arm 15 new AH-64D Apache Longbow Helicopters for use in the Atlasian Army.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 04:11:21 PM »

I hereby withdraw the Candidacy Declaration Bill.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2005, 06:14:53 PM »

Diplomatic Mission Bill

Co-Sponsor: Senator Supersoutly

§ I. The President of Atlasia shall have power to negoitiate Treaties and establish diplomatic relations with other micronations or forums, but such Treaties and relations shall only have effect where ratified by the Senate.

§ II. The President may appoint ambassadors to foreign nations to help facilitate relations between the said nation and the Republic of Atlasia. These said ambassadors must be confirmed with the advice and consent of a majority of the Senate.

§ III. The Ambassadorship does not qualify as an Office under the Government of Atlasia.

§ IV. The Presidential nominee for an Ambassadorship must be be voted for in the affirmative by a majority of the Senate in order to be confirmed.

§ V. The Ambassador's will report directly to the Secretary of State, who in turn will report directly to the President of Atlasia.

§ VI. It shall be the job of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (a sub-department within the Department of State) to protect Ambassdor's in foreign nations. It shall be the job of the Marine Security Guard Battalion to guard and protect Atlasian Embassies in foreign nations.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2005, 01:11:15 AM by Senator MAS117 »

Striking of the 24 Waiting Period

Co-Sponsor:[/b] Senator Colin Wixted, Senator Supersoulty, Senator King, Senator MasterJedi, Senator Sam Spade, Senator Gabu

1.) Article 3, Section 2, Clause 6 is hereby removed from the Official Senate Procedural Resolution.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »

I dont think it would hurt to add a few Governors in there to rep. the regions, Master.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 03:00:57 PM »

Written by President Seige40, introduced by me.

The Unification of Canada and Atlasia Act

Preamble

Whereas there is a significant number of Canadians, and others hailing from the Commonwealth

Whereas it was recently decided that the unification of Canada is acceptable to a plurality of the people of Atlasia

Whereas Atlasia would benefit by expanding its political frontiers

We hereby conclude to unite the nations of Atlasia and Canada.

Section 1 – Canada, The Region

1 – The ten provinces, and three territories that compromise the nation of Canada shall be reorganized to fit into the prescribed ten-state rule.

2 – The three territories will be consolidated into one state named the Arctic Atlasia Abbreviation of Arctic Atlasia will be AA.

3 – The provinces of New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island are to be consolidated together and named New Brunswick.

4 – The provinces and territories of Canada will from now on be referred to as states.

5 – The Region of Canada may preserve all the cultural institutions familiar to the Commonwealth of Canada. The national animal, national anthem, and in general symbols may remain, but will be identified as regional symbols.

6 – Canadian language laws will be respected, and not interfered with by any branch of the government of Atlasia. This includes French and English as official languages, and the particular spelling of words in comparison to the common American or Atlasian spelling, example colour versus color.

7 – The Region of Canada is free to establish itself in anyway it pleases. After entering the Republic of Atlasia, the Region is free to draft a constitution and hold elections, the Federal Government will allow the Canadians to continue to operate the parliamentary system and recognize the English Monarch as the head of state, but purely a figurehead in role. 

Section 2 – Inter-Relations and Mergers

1 – All of the Federal powers of the Canadian Government shall be transferred to the appropriate powers in Nyman, this includes military matters and foreign relations.

2 – The Royal Canadian Air Force, Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Army will be merged with the Atlasian Armed Forces. Particular names and traditions may be preserved.

3 – Under the Foreign Policy Review the Commonwealth of Canada is to be stricken from the record, the relation between Atlasia and Canada will follow that of the United States and Atlasia.

4 – The Game Moderator will act as events in Canada are a domestic concern to those living in Atlasia. The events of Ontario and the events of Alabama will have equal relevance and Canada, and Canadian will be treated as Atlasian citizens and no preference given.

Section 3 – Confirmation of the Act

1 – After passing the Senate, and pending approval of the President of the Republic, a referendum shall be held to confirm the popular mood of Atlasia in the unification. Specifics of the referendum are to be reached by the Senate and Secretary of Forum Affairs.

Why does Masterjedi think we should unify with every known state, country, commonwealth, territory, etc etc? Although the idea of Canada combining with the Atlasia for fantasy makes more sense then that of Guam (And yes were talking about Guam Smiley ) I am still oppossed to it. Can can the voters vote this idiot outta office? Another impieralist bill, it is. A bad Senator, you are.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 04:06:19 PM »

I'm very sorry to this, but I am compelled to do so by the rules.

Pursuant to Article 3, Section 1, Clause 4, I declare that the Unification of Canada and Atlasia Bill is unconstitutional. I find as follows:

1. The Constitution does not in any way, explicitly or implicitly, grant the Senate the power to admit new states to the Union. Instead, it only provides as follows:

"In the event that a new State joins the United States of America, the Senate may apportion this State to a Region and a District via proper legislation."

This Clause clearly suggests that if a state is admitted to the real United States, then it is also admitted automatically to the fantasy Republic. The Senate's only role is to determine the region and district to which the new state belongs. There is no authority to create or admit new states; the Senate, being one of enumerated powers only, cannot constitutionally pass this act.

2. The Constitution does not anywhere grant the Senate the power to create a new region. Therefore, by attempting to create a Region of Canada, the bill violates the Constitution.

Therefore, pursuant to the rules, I find this bill unconstitutional, and with great regret, remove it from the Senate floor. The sponsor may challenge my ruling in twenty-four hours; the challenge requires the approval of one-third of the Senate to override my ruling.

Finally, I wish you would have said something before, during his other 2 idiot bills.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 02:07:55 PM »

Your such an imperialist Jedi.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 08:42:35 PM »

The Secretary of State put restrictions on a country, this bill seeks to lift said restrictions Cheesy.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 07:48:39 PM »

I may be putting this in the wrong place but who cares.

Sealand Declaration of War Bill (or Resolution or Whatever

Seeing as Sealand has consisitently violated international law by it's very existance, the Republic of Atlasia hereby declares War on the Principality of Sealand.

WHOA
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 04:56:21 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2005, 04:59:13 PM by Senator MAS117 »

NEW DEVELOPMENTS....for old times sake....

**To tell you the truth this is more symbolic then anything. I don't care if this gets debated on or not, but I'd like to it be.**

Mr. MAS117, for himself, submits the following bill:

A bill to recognize the government of the Principality of Sealand, a sovereign nation.

Section I. Findings
1. The Government of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Roy and Princess Joan of Sealand are recognized as the legitimate ruling government of the Principality of Sealand.
2. At the time of its conception the Principality of Sealand was outside of the United Kingdom’s territorial waters.
3. On December 6th, 2005 the Government and courts of the United Kingdom finally admitted that the tower, built to help to defend Britain from invasion in the 1940s, is outside British national territory and not part of the United Kingdom.
4. In 1978 the Government of Germany gave a de facto diplomatic recognition to the Principality of Sealand.

Section II. Recognition
1. The State Department of the United States is hereby urged to give diplomatic recognition the Principality of Sealand under the government of His Royal Highness Prince Paddy Roy Bates I and his heirs.
2. The President shall nominate an Ambassador, with advice and senate of the Congress, to open up diplomatic relations with the Principality of Sealand.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies