Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:07:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107441 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: March 19, 2005, 03:25:59 PM »

Perserving the Name Bill[/u]

Clause I[/u]
Despite his name change to "Mike Naso," Mr. Naso can and still be always refered to has either Chief of Staff Mike Naso or Senator Senator Mike Naso (until the end of his Senate term).

Clause II[/u]
Despite his name change, all official Atlasian Gov't documents will refer to "Mike Naso" as Chief of Staff Mike Naso.

I am willing to take Co-Sponsors on this bill. Smiley

MAS, don't be a dumb ass.  I know that can be hard for you sometimes, as you tend to be an overly critical and hot tempered individual.

Hey, guess what?  Naso is a Senator, he was elected, like it or not, so lay-off assholes.  His vote counts for just as much as yours and his voice is just as important as yours.  So, here's a novel idea, why not try to work with him?  Cause this is getting old real quick.  Eventually, you guys are going to have to grow up, so you could take a step in the right direction and start now.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 04:53:46 PM »

MAS, don't be a dumb ass.  I know that can be hard for you sometimes, as you tend to be an overly critical and hot tempered individual.

Hey, guess what?  Naso is a Senator, he was elected, like it or not, so lay-off assholes.  His vote counts for just as much as yours and his voice is just as important as yours.  So, here's a novel idea, why not try to work with him?  Cause this is getting old real quick.  Eventually, you guys are going to have to grow up, so you could take a step in the right direction and start now.

I wish I could work with him, but he doesn't read the legislation, he has no idea how the Senate actually works and doesn't even seem to want to know how the Senate works. 

It's clear to me that to "Senator" Naso, being elected and making an idiot out of himself are the only things he's interested in, because he certainly has no idea what's going on in here and doesn't even try to.

That being said, this legislation makes you look really childish MAS, and doesn't belong here.  You should put in the fantasy elections board as a joke, not as real legislation.  We've got much more important work to do here, "Senator" MAS.

Help him learn, don't just mock him.  I taught you something you didn't know today, after all.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 05:13:34 PM »

I think there was a a lot of good in this bill.  I would rather have it in some form than not all all.

The "Preserving our National Parks" Act Revised and Reintroduced

Section I
The Congress recognizes the need to preserve our environment for future generations to enjoy. It also recognizes the state of our National Parks are degrading and we must improve our standards.

Section II
All National Park fees will be increased by 30% in any car/family/group with 2 or less people, 15% in any car/family/group of 3 people, and 10% in any car/family/group of 4 people.  For any pedestrians and and car/family/group of 5 or more people, the current charges will stay the same.

This new income will be used exclusivly for the maintanence and care-taking of that park.

Section III
All government owned and run snowmobiles used in National Parks will be electrically run or powered by a renewable and EPA-approved source by the year 2010. 

Congress will approve $5 million dollars to assist in this transition.

Section IV
Littering fines in all National Parks are now 25% higher.  This new income will all be devoted to the maintenance of the National Parks.

Section V
EPA fines for air and water pollution violations within a 50-mile radius of any National Park are increased by 10%.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 07:30:36 PM »

I would like to propose an ammendment to the Constitution:

Article 1, Section 5, Line 31:

"To provide for nessesary anti-poverty legislation"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 07:48:08 PM »

Senate Residency Requirement

Section 1

The Senate shall require that all persons wishing to run for either a Class A or Class B Senate seat must have been a legal resident of that region or district for at least 2 months prior to the election or appointment by the governor of that region.

(It is not the best written bill, but we will have time to discuss later)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:59:11 PM »

I would like to propose an ammendment to the Constitution:

Article 1, Section 5, Line 31:

"To provide for nessesary anti-poverty legislation"

I'm going to expand on this and then resubmit it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 08:06:14 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2005, 11:15:16 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

Proposed Amendment to the Constitution:

Section 1

The Congress shall have the right to approve any legislation that they see as being necessary and proper for the alleviation of poverty throughout Atlasia.

Section 2

As we recognize that not all conditions that result in poverty are the same, and thus not all possible programs will work for all individuals, it shall be the right of the Senate to create legislation that specifically targets certain groups or subpopulations of Atlasia.

Section 3

The Federal government shall have the right to sublet the responsibility of any programs or monies to the various regions, provided that the government of those regions approve of bearing the responsibility.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 03:25:44 PM »

Lets start cutting the fat from our budget:

Deficit Reduction Bill of 2005

(a).  Data below is indexed as millions of dollars. 

(b).  The 7th Senate shall make the following modficiations to the following programs in the FY2005-06 budget as passed by the 6th Senate:

NASA                                            -$14,484;
Corps of Engineers                                  -$4,975;
Agency for International Development                    -$3,390;
International Assistance Programs               -$2,089;
Small Business Administration                    -$1,439;
Export-Import Bank                            -$1,044;
Cargo Preference Program                        -$673;
Assistance for Former Soviet Union                -$484;
Federal Drug Control Program                    -$457;
Corporation for National and Community Service    -$433;
Assistance for Eastern Europe                    -$402;
Corporation for Public Broadcasting                -$375;
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission       -$331;
Legal Services Corporation                        -$329;
Peace Corps                                    -$284;
National Labor Relations Board                   -$238;
Overseas Private Investment Corporation            -$207;
National Endowment for the Humanities            -$125;
National Endowment for the Arts                -$113;
Appalachian Regional Commission                -$109;
Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp.                -$105;
African Development Fund                        -$57;
Trade and Development Agency                   -$55;
Federal Labor Relations Board                    -$29;
Selective Service System                        -$25;
Commission on Civil Rights                        -$9.

Total Decreases:                           $32,261 
Total Increases:                           $0 

Change:                                   -$32,261 

King, do you have any information on how much each of these programs are alotted each year?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies