4 years of Obama, US deficit cut in half (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:45:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  4 years of Obama, US deficit cut in half (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4 years of Obama, US deficit cut in half  (Read 5512 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: February 23, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »

Yes, we are going down from catastrophic levels, to just chronically toxic levels.

So, are you advocating a 70% tax rate for yourself?

I understand your preference opebo for an unbalanced approach, as opposed to a "balanced approach" (where have I heard that phrase before?), but that aside, it would be next to impossible to reach that figure actually. I can explain why if you are interested enough in the lacunaes of the tax code.

Opebo lives in a magical world where the rich never hire accountants or lawyers.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »

Yes, we are going down from catastrophic levels, to just chronically toxic levels.

So, are you advocating a 70% tax rate for yourself?

I understand your preference opebo for an unbalanced approach, as opposed to a "balanced approach" (where have I heard that phrase before?), but that aside, it would be next to impossible to reach that figure actually. I can explain why if you are interested enough in the lacunaes of the tax code.
How about a wealth tax? No tax accountant is going to dodge this.

Actually plenty will. I'm studying accounting, and there are many simple, legal ways to write down the values of assets. Investment choices would also change to make the values of investments more ambiguous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies