WI-PPP: Add the state to the "solid-Hillary"-column
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI-PPP: Add the state to the "solid-Hillary"-column
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-PPP: Add the state to the "solid-Hillary"-column  (Read 6538 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »

From their Twitter:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/304790914142973952
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:03:14 AM »

Not too shocking, honestly. I wonder if Christie would've done better than Ryan or Walker.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

No big surprise. I can't still say that Scott Walker is one of the most unpopular Governors in the US, as there are so many. Paul Ryan has never won a statewide election in Wisconsin -- including for Vice President of the United States.

The full poll should be interesting. 
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »

No big surprise. I can't still say that Scott Walker is one of the most unpopular Governors in the US

Because he's pretty popular...
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:48:51 PM »

Bubble.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:24:16 PM »

2012 was supposed to be their big shot at Wisconsin and they lost by 7 points.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »

Numeros please?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2013, 12:45:15 PM by pbrower2a »

No big surprise. I can't still say that Scott Walker is one of the most unpopular Governors in the US

I am going on margins here. Democrats ahead will of course be shown in red and Republicans ahead will be shown in blue. Saturation of color will so look:

tie white
1-3%       20% saturation
4-7%       40% saturation
8%-20%  60% saturation
over 20% 80% saturation

Qualification: The lowest level of saturation  (20%) now applies for any incumbent Governor whose positive margin of  approval is under 8% but whose approval rating is under 50%. The second-lowest level of saturation (40%) now applies to any Governor whose approval rating is under 50% but whose margin of difference is 8% or higher. No change applies to any Governor whose approval is lower than disapproval. A governor is not in a strong position until he has at least 50% approval. The rationale is to avoid giving a recently-elected Governor credit for a "honeymoon".

Behind, yellow the colors to green for Republicans  and orange for Democrats. Dark shades of orange are really brown.  Ties are yellow.

Governors who die, resign, are defeated in bids for re-election, retire at the end of their terms, or are impeached and removed from office will be whited out. Independent governor or no governor -- white.

Note that the green shades all stand for Republican Governors whose approval ratings are negative. Republican Governors of Maine, Pennsylvania, Michigan, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas are doing badly. Causes are your guesses.

There's only one state with an orange shade indicating a Democrat doing badly -- Illinois. The Governorship of Illinois is a snake-bitten job.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 02:54:28 AM »

This might explain things:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2013, 08:28:29 PM by pbrower2a »

Really, he is about even -- but just under -- with an approval rating of 48-49. That's not quite as bad as the ratings for some other Republican Governors, but  that's not what I would describe as "pretty popular".

Update -- Sam Brownback is very unpopular in Kansas. I had missed Sean Parnell in Alaska, and he is slightly above water.  

I am going on margins here. Democrats ahead will of course be shown in red and Republicans ahead will be shown in blue. Saturation of color will so look:

tie white
1-3%       20% saturation
4-7%       40% saturation
8%-20%  60% saturation
over 20% 80% saturation

Qualification: The lowest level of saturation  (20%) now applies for any incumbent Governor whose positive margin of  approval is under 8% but whose approval rating is under 50%. The second-lowest level of saturation (40%) now applies to any Governor whose approval rating is under 50% but whose margin of difference is 8% or higher. No change applies to any Governor whose approval is lower than disapproval. A governor is not in a strong position until he has at least 50% approval. The rationale is to avoid giving a recently-elected Governor credit for a "honeymoon".

Behind, yellow the colors to green for Republicans  and orange for Democrats. Dark shades of orange are really brown.  Ties are yellow.

Governors who die, resign, are defeated in bids for re-election, retire at the end of their terms, or are impeached and removed from office will be whited out. Independent governor or no governor -- white.

Note that the green shades all stand for Republican Governors whose approval ratings are negative. Republican Governors of Maine, Pennsylvania, Michigan, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas (now add Kansas, of all places) are doing badly. Causes are your guesses.

There's only one state with an orange shade indicating a Democrat doing badly -- Illinois. The Governorship of Illinois is a snake-bitten job.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »

Full numbers:

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 52%
Marco Rubio ................................................... 38%

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 51%
Paul Ryan ....................................................... 43%

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 54%
Scott Walker ................................................... 41%

In the last presidential election, did you vote for
Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Barack Obama................................................ 51%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 45%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_WI_022813.pdf
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »

For Clinton-Rubio, that's actually not much of a trend from the national average, relative to 2012.  Clinton-Rubio seems to be showing a big trend towards the Dems in the strong GOP states of the South, and a couple of other strong GOP states, but not so much in the upper Midwest or Mountain West.  Still, that's based on just a handful of polls.  We need more polls in Democratic leaning states.  I'm curious to see what result we get when they poll Michigan next week.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »

Bye bye Ron Johnson. 
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 08:59:41 PM »

No surprise here at all. Wisconsin is no longer a swing state, in my opinion. As for Walker, he was only popular in the Recall because people saw it as one small group not getting their way and throwing a fit for it. Because of that, a lot of Dems crossed over to vote for him. They are still loyal Democrats, though.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »

I think this is really just more of a question of how silly polls can be years before the election.  There were multiple national polls showing Hillary ahead of all Republicans by 20+ points.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »

Actually, Feingold is the one saying bye to Wisconsin politics.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »

2012 was supposed to be their big shot at Wisconsin and they lost by 7 points.

Not to pick on Eraserhead but I think this post shows why we didn't take WI seriously as a swing state. Same with MI and to a lesser extent PA.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 09:59:44 PM »

I think this is really just more of a question of how silly polls can be years before the election.  There were multiple national polls showing Hillary ahead of all Republicans by 20+ points.

Yep, and we'll probably see a lot more outrageous polls the next time one side or the other has an inevitable nominee. The reason why Hillary had such a big lead against certain republicans is there are a lot of people who will say before a primary, "well I don't see how I could stomach voting for x", and tell a pollster they're undecided or even voting for the dem or a third party. But after the primary, when push comes to shove and they actually have to vote against their party, they almost never actually do so.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies