Cabinet choices.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 03:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet choices.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cabinet choices.  (Read 3488 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »

No.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »

In the event I am rejected as GM, he clearly meets the criteria as set forth by the Senate in my hearings.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »

Wow.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 07:39:51 PM »

?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »

In the event I am rejected as GM, he clearly meets the criteria as set forth by the Senate in my hearings.

The criteria is we (well, I, I don't know each Senator's specific criteria nor do I claim to speak for all of them) don't want someone who'll use the office for partisan purposes. If the Senate believes that by resigning as Labor Chair you'd be less likely to use the office for partisan reasons then that's fine. I don't know how much I agree with them but I'm not a Senator. But Seatown? Can you find a more partisan choice?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »

The criteria is we (well, I, I don't know each Senator's specific criteria nor do I claim to speak for all of them) don't want someone who'll use the office for partisan purposes. If the Senate believes that by resigning as Labor Chair you'd be less likely to use the office for partisan reasons then that's fine. I don't know how much I agree with them but I'm not a Senator. But Seatown? Can you find a more partisan choice?
I have confidence in the Senate's ability to use objective qualities when voting, rather than subjective ones like you provided.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »

No position for me? Go die in a fire Sad

You were probably too mentally unstable.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »

I have confidence in the Senate's ability to use objective qualities when voting, rather than subjective ones like you provided.

I suspect your confidence is misplaced.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »

If Bacon King fails to respond, I think Jerryarkansas would make a terrific Attorney General.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »

If Bacon King fails to respond, I think Jerryarkansas would make a terrific Attorney General.

I would prefer to nominate DemPGH, failing BK's response. But if the Deputy AG office is created, as I've requested from the Senate, I would be happy to nominate Jerry to that position.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

I would prefer to nominate DemPGH, failing BK's response. But if the Deputy AG office is created, as I've requested from the Senate, I would be happy to nominate Jerry to that position.

That probably makes more sense, considering you are already putting him up for Deputy, might as well shift it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »

I oppose the formal creation of a Deputy Attorney General position. I believe the Constitution gives the President the power to build a Cabinet. If you nominate a Deputy Attorney General, the Senate will have a confirmation hearing. There is no reason to create a formal position.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 08:36:16 PM »

There's far more of a need for having a Deputy AG than there is having a Deputy SoFE.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »

There's far more of a need for having a Deputy AG than there is having a Deputy SoFE.

I've made my feelings on the formalization of the Deputy SoFE position well known. Neither position needs to be permanent.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »

I enthusiastically endorse Jerry for either Attorney General or Deputy, if Bacon King fails to respond.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »

I have to be honest and say I don't have much confidence in Bacon King for the AG position.  When he's active, he's usually good at what he does, but twice he's had to leave the Senate because he was too busy with other things.  If he can't attend his own confirmation hearing, that's not a good preview of how he'd do the job.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »

I have to be honest and say I don't have much confidence in Bacon King for the AG position.  When he's active, he's usually good at what he does, but twice he's had to leave the Senate because he was too busy with other things.  If he can't attend his own confirmation hearing, that's not a good preview of how he'd do the job.
If the AG's only responsibility was doing cases, I would have full confidence in him. But we desperately need an Attorney General who can update the Wiki and get our Statue in order, and I have doubts on whether or not BK could do that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »

I don't trust him to perform in a legal suit either. A President appointed him special prosecutor and he did absolutely nothing and now we are going to make him AG? Lol.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »

Guys, when I questioned him he gave me lengthy and detailed answers, even specifically on wiki editing which I was concerned he didn't have as much interest in either, but he claimed he would learn, and have new ideas for how to update and organize the statute page. Considering his history, he gave me no immediate reason to turn down his request to be nominated at the time. If he fails to respond by tomorrow evening, I will withdraw his nomination. I think we can stop getting riled up over it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 07:16:32 AM »

I suspect your confidence is misplaced.

I highly doubt that Seatown could be confirmed as GM, regardless of his position within the Labor party.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 08:18:47 AM »

I'm sorry, but Seatown would be pretty awful in the GM position.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 11:09:40 PM »

I am happy for all of the support that people are showing for me, and if given the chance, I will serve the president in any way possible.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies