Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2018, 08:00:17 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: TexasGurl, Cath, TJ in Oregon)
| | |-+  Non-delegable subscription poll: Would you pay Mr. Morden to post more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Print
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of this thread?
freedom thread   -87 (63%)
horrible thread   -51 (37%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Non-delegable subscription poll: Would you pay Mr. Morden to post more?  (Read 26606 times)
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:18:11 am »

What is your opinion of this thread?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:32:10 pm by Mr. Morden »Logged

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:18:50 am »

Just to clarify, I'm talking about this thread:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170381.0

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
Samoa

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:34:44 am »

Bored this morning are we?  Smiley
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:06 am »

Bored this morning are we?  Smiley

It's not morning for me!  It's night time here, I'm about to go to bed, and I await all the wonderful replies this thread will get by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.48

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:00 am »

lol

Jimmy Garoppolo win percentage (as of Feb. 2018): 100%
Secret Cavern Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 03:39:00 pm »

Massive FT. Smiley

"In the end, the world we live in is in darkness."
"That's why... we seek the light."

Noir, episode 26
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.21, S: -1.91

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:20 pm »

I'm on the fence.

opebo
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »

Very dull without Simfan.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »

Anyway, with regard to the thread in question, I thought Hagrid and opebo made some OK points in those very short posts they wrote, about halfway down the first page, but the thread didn't really come alive until there was that one picture of Bill and Hillary Clinton from their younger days, just after those posts by Hagrid and opebo.  It was pretty random, but still kind of a lol picture.  Though the post that came after that was kind of a letdown by comparison.

By the way, this is kind of off topic, but here's a funny picture of Bill and Hillary Clinton from their younger days:

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 04:48:56 pm »

This is an excellent picture of Oksana Omelianchik on beam at the 1985 European Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Helsinki. She won gold on that event and bronze all-around.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
MattVT
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -8.87

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 06:18:19 pm »

Now it's a freedom thread.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.21, S: -1.91

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 07:50:22 pm »

Kitteh
drj101
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:57 am »

This thread reminds me that I should be somewhere else having sex.

Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific?
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 01:17:14 am »

The first page is pretty bad, but it gets really good starting with page two. Freedom thread overall.

fuck nazis
Secret Cavern Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 02:59:34 am »

The most memorable post is certainly the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that

Noir, episode 26
Good Grumps With A Gun
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Russian Federation
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »

Now it's a freedom thread.

[/thread]

Can we please, please not allow Grumps' staggering stupidity to derail another thread?

Family Values

Secret Cavern Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:18 pm »

At some point Grumps declared the thread closed, but it didn't work.

Noir, episode 26
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.48

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 04:50:09 pm »

Quick, somebody get Naso. Let's make this legendary.

Jimmy Garoppolo win percentage (as of Feb. 2018): 100%
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 07:28:12 am »

Last week, we got the first cosmological results from Planck, which support the Lambda Cold Dark Matter model for the universe.  Nothing too shocking, though the Hubble constant is a bit lower than expected, and there's some kind of weird asymmetry across the sky, suggesting that there might be a preferred direction in the universe:

http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/mpa/institute/news_archives/news1303_aaa/news1303_aaa-en.html

Anyway, with regard to my opinion of this thread, the one thing I forgot to add in my last post was how cheap it was when I resurrected the thread to jump onto the "And now so-and-so supports SSM" thread craze.  He just took individual posts from the thread, and replaced the subject line with "And now such and such supports whatever".  Pretty lame.

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 07:29:17 am »

For example, in this post, I posted a picture of a cardboard bridge, just so I could have another "X supports Y" pun.

http://actu.epfl.ch/news/a-cardboard-bridge-that-supports-297-times-its-own/

Baconomics 🐖
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 10:38:21 am »

In this post I didn't add anything of value; I had only privately giggled to my myself at the thread concept and bumped it in the hopes that it would continue.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 11:25:04 pm »

In this post I didn't add anything of value; I had only privately giggled to my myself at the thread concept and bumped it in the hopes that it would continue.

Lief said that it gets really good on page 2, so I'm looking forward to that.  Any guesses as to what ends up getting discussed on page 2?  Is there a huge flame war?  Or some deep discussion about some issue or other?  And what might the discussion be about?

Watermelon sin Jamón
Zanas46
YaBB God
France

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:20 am »

At some point, Zanas made a post that ended unexpotato.

IN NATE WE still TRUST?

I haven't seen anything pointing to a Brexit win at this point, when you factor in how a referendum actually works.

My French blog
Baconomics 🐖
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 11:56:33 am »

Lief said that it gets really good on page 2, so I'm looking forward to that.  Any guesses as to what ends up getting discussed on page 2?  Is there a huge flame war?  Or some deep discussion about some issue or other?  And what might the discussion be about?

Personally, I hope it gets derailed into a Spiderman thread.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 12:18:43 pm »

So this post starts the coveted second page... I'm not sure I can deal with the pressure, maybe I counted wrong, yeah, that's it, this is still on the first page. Therefore the nature of this post won't affect the second page...

EDIT: oh... I did count wrong, this is really embarrassing, but the second page is soon, so it won't be that big of a deal...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout