Kerry Raises $50 Million, Bush Tops It
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:14:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry Raises $50 Million, Bush Tops It
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry Raises $50 Million, Bush Tops It  (Read 3094 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2004, 01:12:15 PM »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040402/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_money&cid=536&ncid=536

The Kerry campaign announced that it raised more than half its money online from January through March, about $26.7 million, the most ever taken in by a presidential campaign over the Internet in one quarter.

I predict if this continue, that Kerry is going to beat Bush in 2004.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 03:39:52 PM »

Kerry could raise $1B and still lose.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 03:43:07 PM »

Actually if he raised $1B he would win. But thats not going to happen.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 03:43:43 PM »

Actually if he raised $1B he would win. But thats not going to happen.

LOL...
"Money can't buy me love"
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 03:48:47 PM »

Then why do the candidates spend so much time going after it?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 04:11:56 PM »

Money is great, IF MANAGED CORRECTLY. I've seen a very well financed campaign go down in flames due to ENORMOUS incompetence and staggering arrogance.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »

Money is great, IF MANAGED CORRECTLY. I've seen a very well financed campaign go down in flames due to ENORMOUS incompetence and staggering arrogance.

How is Howard Dean doing, anyway...?
NHPolitico

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 07:42:30 PM »

An article, maybe this one (I didn't read it), acted like Kerry outraised Bush online. I don't believe it.  Bush has like 7 million email addresses he's collected-- more than 10 times Kerry. I think they just were referring to Democrat candidates and not all candidates.
Apostle
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 03:41:25 PM »

As much money as Kerry could possibly raise, Bush would be able to raise more.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 03:44:01 PM »

How is Howard Dean doing, anyway...?

LOL
SamHouston

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 05:22:01 PM »

It seems that Kerry did have a great quarter, but he is still far behind Bush.  Bush has raised $170 million already and he really hasn't started.

Kerry must have three more quarters like this one just to break even with Bush's fundraising up to this point, much less the fundraising that will be coming this summer and fall.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 05:25:58 PM »

Sam Houston!  An honorable unionist who would never be impugned into silence by a bunch of rabble rousers like Mirabeau Bonaparte Lamar!  Welcome to this forum, sir.  An olde school connecticut yankee like George Bush will always be able to find more hard cash than an opportunist like Senator Kerry.
SamHouston

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 05:36:35 PM »

Thank you for the Welcome!

Bush will raise more cold, hard cash than Kerry.  The real question is where will he spend that cash and more importantly his time.

I believe that he spent way too much time in 2000 in your state, attempting to bring Calif back to the Republicans.  He shouldn't make that mistake this time.

He should be burning down the TV airwaves in Ohio, Penn, Wisc and Iowa.  He should make Kerry fight to hold on to PA, WI, and IA.  Play ball in Kerry territory that is within reach--not CA, which is Kerry territory, but out of reach.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 05:48:09 PM »

where ya from pal?  I was born in the old John Sealy Hospital on Galveston Island.
SamHouston

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 06:40:17 PM »

You're from Galveston.  I try to get down there at least once a month and walk on the beach!

I grew up in Wichita, Kansas.  When I first moved to Texas, I told people I was from Wichita and they would always say that they haven't been to Wichita Falls in years!

I always have to point out I'm from Kansas!

My wife grew up down here (in the Houston area) and we wanted to be close to her parents, so after a short (four years) stay in D.C. we have been in TX for about seven years now.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 02:15:41 PM »

You're from Galveston.  I try to get down there at least once a month and walk on the beach!

I grew up in Wichita, Kansas.  When I first moved to Texas, I told people I was from Wichita and they would always say that they haven't been to Wichita Falls in years!

I always have to point out I'm from Kansas!

My wife grew up down here (in the Houston area) and we wanted to be close to her parents, so after a short (four years) stay in D.C. we have been in TX for about seven years now.

Imagine how confusing it would be if you were like Jim Lehrer, who was born in Wichita, KS, then grew up in Wichita Falls, TX.  I haven't lived in Galveston since I was three.  But I always look for people who were born in the same hospital I was, like when you're in the second grade and someone has shoes like you and you become friends all that day.

Now, if you'd called yourself Lamar (there must be at least a thousand Lamar high schools and at least one university), I'd have to give you a hard time.  But since you want to suggest Bush spent too much time in CA last time, I'll have to give you a hard time anway.  Not now though, the boss is expecting some results today.  This was posted by John D. Ford.  You should have a look:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/3/27/143030.shtml

"There's no place like home."
   --Dorothy, circa 1930, referring to Kansas
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies