University of Tennessee defunds "Sex Week"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:18:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  University of Tennessee defunds "Sex Week"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: University of Tennessee defunds "Sex Week"  (Read 3971 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable. 

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

If you really need the instruction, Inks, I'll send you a check. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable. 

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

I just want to see if the people in this thread will put their money where their mouth is.  (and yes, the pun was intended)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »

I just want to see if the people in this thread will put their money where their mouth is.  (and yes, the pun was intended)

It probably costs the school more to bring in a recycled old rock band but this is the strangest story I've seen in a while.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

It probably costs the school more to bring in a recycled old rock band but this is the strangest story I've seen in a while.

And I'd argue that that should be privately funded as well.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2013, 11:14:30 AM by HockeyDude »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable.  

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

We publicly fund all sorts of education!  This is a public institution.  Sex Week certainly sounds like it would be more useful and productive than a lot of the other classes that your tax dollars pay for.  This would probably be a lot of fun, too!  Nonetheless, a few prudes get skirmish about it and there's no way it can be done.  Because, you know, a lot of people don't approve of sex... which is inherently pretty stupid. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable.  

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

We publicly fund all sorts of education!  This is a public institution.  Sex Week certainly sounds like it would be more useful and productive than a lot of the other classes that your tax dollars pay for.  This would probably be a lot of fun, too!  Nonetheless, a few prudes get skirmish about it and there's no way it can be done.  Because, you know, a lot of people don't approve of sex... which is inherently pretty stupid. 

So will you send me $5?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »

The state funds all kinds of fluff at public universities. Why not this?  So that excuse is a dog that just won't hunt. It is more about prudery, and/or maybe the gay aspects of the seminar. Tennessee wishes that all the fruits and the nuts would just roll out from Tennessee to the sea - to SF, LA and NYC - all notorious havens for this unwanted ilk.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »

So will you send me $5?

Whatever!  Just don't go spending it on a foot-long at the Subway. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »

So will you send me $5?

Whatever!  Just don't go spending it on a foot-long at the Subway. 

Wait, oral on a foot-long.......whoa!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »

Garbage. wanting the state to expropriate monies to fund something has no correlation to wishing to loose ones 'own' money - particularly those of us who have none.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »

Garbage. wanting the state to expropriate monies to fund something has no correlation to wishing to loose ones 'own' money - particularly those of us who have none.

Taxpayers pay money to the state.  And how do you know HockeyDude doesn't have money?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

Come over my house sometimes, Inks, baby. I'll give you sex classes, no fiver needed.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 03:55:24 AM »

Everyone knows you're smarter than this genre of argument, Inks.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies