Steve Stockman, U.S. Congressman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:54:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Steve Stockman, U.S. Congressman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Steve Stockman, U.S. Congressman  (Read 7074 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

Here is his take on the Violence Against Women Act:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/342824/back-saddle-betsy-woodruff

"This is a truly bad bill. This is helping the liberals, this is horrible. Unbelievable. What really bothers—it's called a women's act, but then they have men dressed up as women, they count that. Change-gender, or whatever. How is that—how is that a woman?"

And here is his opinion about our planet:

https://twitter.com/SteveStockmanTX/status/314791823992311808

The best thing about the Earth is if you poke holes in it oil and gas come out.

Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've officially found the new stupidest member of congress.

Then again, considering he was first elected in Bush's Texas, that doesn't really surprise me.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

This is the same guy who as far as I'm concerned endangered the life of the President by inviting Ted Nugent to the SOTU. Yes, he actually invited the same guy who said he would be dead or in jail if Barack Obama was reelected to a fairly popular event. Why? Because...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because this is articulate, right?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »

He got voted out of office after one term in 1996 because he was too crazy even by East Texas standards. I'd like to think he'll meet a similar fate again, though likely through if he did it would be losing a primary.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »

His district is adjacent to Gohmert's.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »

His district is adjacent to Gohmert's.

And no one was surprised.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »

Well, It's especially unique because there's only a finite supply of these nuts after all, so you would think they would be evenly distributed across each R-controlled district. But those two are practically neighbors!

Anyway, what are some other nuts in the Gohmert vein? I rather enjoy these oddballs. You have Bachmann, and West, and Joe Wilson down in SC. Who else?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »

I'm certainly not surprised that a Texas Republican really doesn't have any idea or appreciation for gender issues. We certainly have a long way to go.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »

Anyway, what are some other nuts in the Gohmert vein? I rather enjoy these oddballs. You have Bachmann, and West, and Joe Wilson down in SC. Who else?

Steve King, Joe Barton, Virginia Foxx, Paul Broun.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »

I try to forget about her. Sad

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

https://twitter.com/SteveStockmanTX/status/315169357183471616/photo/1

What a patriot.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've officially found the new stupidest member of congress.

Then again, considering he was first elected in Bush's Texas, that doesn't really surprise me.

“We don’t need to be having something like sequestration that’s going to cause these job losses – over 170 million jobs that could be lost,” - Maxine Waters
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »

“We don’t need to be having something like sequestration that’s going to cause these job losses – over 170 million jobs that could be lost,” - Maxine Waters

Even if it were an explicitly factually incorrect statement, it at least comes across as a legitimate concern. There is very, very little in the way of stupidity that tops, "The best thing about the Earth is if you poke holes in it oil and gas come out."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »

Even if it were an explicitly factually incorrect statement, it at least comes across as a legitimate concern. There is very, very little in the way of stupidity that tops, "The best thing about the Earth is if you poke holes in it oil and gas come out."

What would come out of Steve Stockman if you poked holes in him? I'm thinking 50% hot air, 50% fecal matter.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 10:07:24 PM »

What would come out of Steve Stockman if you poked holes in him? I'm thinking 50% hot air, 50% fecal matter.
Aren't you being generous? Too much hot air there.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »

I was in my back yard here in Vermont the other day, and I poked in the ground with my shovel, a hole just about an inch deep, and BAM, millions of gallons of that sweet ol' black gold just shot up from the ground! Damn this man is smart. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »

I was in my back yard here in Vermont the other day, and I poked in the ground with my shovel, a hole just about an inch deep, and BAM, millions of gallons of that sweet ol' black gold just shot up from the ground! Damn this man is smart. Tongue

Matt move away from there! Calfornia's the place you ought to be!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »

Generally, if someone is arguing against the "Democrat Party," its hard to take them seriously.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »

Oil and gas are one of the foundations of modern society. There are few greater substances on this Earth.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:34 PM »

Matt move away from there! Calfornia's the place you ought to be!
Haha I always loved the theme song to the Beverly Hillbillies. I would love to live there for a little while, as much as I love VT, as I am a bit sick of the cold, and the fact that there are 300 billion things to do in So. Cal. Smiley

What if someone was arguing with the Republic Party?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »

I would think that, if you make a 6 figure salary and claim you can't afford food, that others would scratch their heads.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »

Who cares what Stockman says? Another once and current member of the Batsh**t Brigade.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »

Well, in his defense, can one really argue that it is not cool that when you poke the Earth oil comes out?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:59 PM »

He can't be the first internet troll elected to congress, right? or is he
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »

Well, in his defense, can one really argue that it is not cool that when you poke the Earth oil comes out?

I really don't think it's particularly cool. Useful, perhaps.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies