Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:21:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78275 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »

Also, how does one have a 10 course meal?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »

I will not watch what I eat on my birthday, though, because it is wrong to diet on your birthday, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to do it.

You do know that you are supposed to celebrate birthdays once a year, not once a week, don't you?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »

10 was probably an exaggeration, but a 5-7 course meal is very common.  Generally, the meat is the first course, corn, mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans, dinner rolls, salad.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2013, 10:11:29 AM »

10 was probably an exaggeration, but a 5-7 course meal is very common.  Generally, the meat is the first course, corn, mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans, dinner rolls, salad.

And desert
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2013, 10:16:17 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2013, 10:18:24 AM by Play Ball Bushie »

10 was probably an exaggeration, but a 5-7 course meal is very common.  Generally, the meat is the first course, corn, mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans, dinner rolls, salad.

And desert

Plus dessert which when we're not having company is usually banana pudding or coconut cream cake or strawberry shortcake.  When we do have company, it's normally at least peach pie and pumpkin pie as the choices.  My mother is diabetic, so she only has a small bowl of pudding or some sugar free cookies for dessert.

My grandmother used to fix a German Chocolate Cake, but since I can't have chocolate due to it giving me migraine headaches, she stopped.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »

Oh, normally I consider courses as appetizers, soup, salad, amuse, entree, dessert, etc.. Not each side item. But I get it.

Normally, I am fine with splurging on your birthday, but you splurge nearly every day, and you're fast approaching a medical condition, so you may have to diet on your birthday!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »

Why don't you follow her example?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2013, 10:22:10 AM »

You should try my usual desert, which also happens to be a traditional desert: a piece of fresh fruit.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »

Maybe try having meals without dessert? Typically I never eat dessert except on rare occasions or holidays/birthdays. Sugar is what gets you. Your family already has diabetes in it, so you should be more afraid than you seem to be.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »

Maybe try having meals without dessert? Typically I never eat dessert except on rare occasions or holidays/birthdays. Sugar is what gets you. Your family already has diabetes in it, so you should be more afraid than you seem to be.

We only have dessert when we're at Grandma's.  On our own, we have a one course meal with maybe a slice of bread and no dessert.  When we go out to eat, we will have a dessert once in a blue moon.

Without company, we're only at Grandma's maybe a couple times a month for dinner.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »

Then what's packing on the weight? I guess the general country cooking in general. Good stuff, but man, unless you're active, which you aren't, it packs on the pounds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »

I only gain weight when there's company in town.  Most of the time I hold pretty steady.  What prevents the weight from coming off is when we're on our own, we are more tempted to get fast food.  They just opened a new McDonald's just 2 1/2 miles from us which is right across the street from Braum's, another burger place, Sonic, and Little Caesar's.  There is a Mazzio's just 5 1/2 miles away in McLoud.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »

Yeah but usually that weight must stay on considering you weigh 269. Or you just have company in town all the time. I eat a lot too when there is a special occasion, so I get it, but I tend to not keep it on when it's over. Hell, last weekend I celebrated my own birthday, a friends birthday and a family friend, so I ate constantly, lobster, lima beans, salads, chinese, cake, but I cut back after that!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:36 AM »

And desert

Plus dessert which when we're not having company is usually banana pudding or coconut cream cake or strawberry shortcake.  When we do have company, it's normally at least peach pie and pumpkin pie as the choices.  My mother is diabetic, so she only has a small bowl of pudding or some sugar free cookies for dessert.

My grandmother used to fix a German Chocolate Cake, but since I can't have chocolate due to it giving me migraine headaches, she stopped.

You should just eat what your mother eats.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2013, 10:43:56 AM »

Yeah but usually that weight must stay on considering you weigh 269. Or you just have company in town all the time. I eat a lot too when there is a special occasion, so I get it, but I tend to not keep it on when it's over. Hell, last weekend I celebrated my own birthday, a friends birthday and a family friend, so I ate constantly, lobster, lima beans, salads, chinese, cake, but I cut back after that!

Before they came, I was starting to drift down closer to 260.  I think I bottomed out at 263-264 before they came.  I was losing a little bit because I was drinking 5 glasses of water a day, cutting back on what I ate, and walking just a bit.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

Over the 98th percentile. He'd also have to lose 40 pounds to even get to the 95th percentile. Wow.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »

Before they came, I was starting to drift down closer to 260.  I think I bottomed out at 263-264 before they came.  I was losing a little bit because I was drinking 5 glasses of water a day, cutting back on what I ate, and walking just a bit.

You do realize that drinking water does not cause you to lose weight? Rather, it only keeps you from consuming more calories than you already are through eating.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #217 on: April 08, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »

Yeah, drinking water doesn't help you lose weight. It does keep your system clean, flush out some of the excess sodium, which no doubt you have, and is better for you than drinking regular sodas, but it only helps you in that way. Simply sitting around and drinking water all day while eating the same things will do nothing for you.

In any event, you will have to make the conscious decision to really limit your sugar intake before anything will happen, and that means not drinking any regular cokes or eating pie during the day. I am not going to be a stickler like Inks - you can drink diet soda all you want, or crystal light mixes for tea, lemonade, etc, because I know drinking water all day all the time can be boring. And since you don't drink booze, those are some alternatives. All of calorie free.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »

The point of drinking a lot of water (beyond keeping your organs such as your kidney well perfused) is that you can eat less and still feel full. If you just eat the same amount and drink more water, it's not going to do anything for you.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »

Torie is probably going to die after Bushie at this rate.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #220 on: April 08, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »

Torie is probably going to die after Bushie at this rate.

The rich have more to live for, certainly.  There doesn't seem to be much point for the poor to go on any further.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

I've reconsidered not weighing myself until the company leaves.

More procrastination and excuses.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »

I've reconsidered not weighing myself until the company leaves.

More procrastination and excuses.

Not this one.  If you'll read the entire post and the post from last night that relates, I said I was not going to as of last night, but i've reconsidered that idea.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:52 PM »

I tell you what. The weather must be changing as my arthritis is screaming at me...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2013, 03:42:24 PM »

Jeff, stop eating like a pig, go out and walk, and then come home and put in more job applications... get your life in order.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies