Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:52:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78197 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2013, 03:44:07 PM »

Jeff, stop eating like a pig, go out and walk, and then come home and put in more job applications... get your life in order.

[/thread]
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

The fact that Bushie sounds more like my 90 year old granddad than he does my parents is scary enough with all this talk of diabetes and arthritis.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2013, 04:25:30 PM »

My grandmother used to fix a German Chocolate Cake, but since I can't have chocolate due to it giving me migraine headaches, she stopped.

then why cant you stop pigging out on your so called 'home cookin' due to it causing your obesity?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »

Because it offends his family.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »

Bushie, why don't you just admit to yourself that you are living scared. You can never commit to anything for the long term. You half ass everything and say you're trying, when you really aren't. You hedge- everything.  I guess it makes you feel better giving yourself this mental out: that you will really get em and knock em dead next time. News flash my friend, you are running out of next times.  The alternative means that you will either succeed or fail on your own terms. Trying and failing can be an incredibly useful, character building experience. Continually banging your head against the wall across well trod territory leads to stagnation and regression.

Stop lying to yourself and others.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »

I am home for the night.  I thought I was done for a week, but I still have one more dinner tomorrow night.  This time, it will be Taco Salad.  I did well tonight, only having one plate.  It was a 5 course meal with Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Baked Beans, and Dinner Rolls.  I had one small slice of pumpkin pie for dessert, but overall today has been a much better day.  I even made my portion sizes a spoonful or two smaller.  I only had about 8 oz of the meat.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #231 on: April 08, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »

I am home for the night.  I thought I was done for a week, but I still have one more dinner tomorrow night.  This time, it will be Taco Salad.  I did well tonight, only having one plate.  It was a 5 course meal with Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Baked Beans, and Dinner Rolls.  I had one small slice of pumpkin pie for dessert, but overall today has been a much better day.  I even made my portion sizes a spoonful or two smaller.  I only had about 8 oz of the meat.

The fact that your portion sizes were (at least) 3 spoonfulls... yikes.

Did you walk today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: April 08, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

Did you walk today?

Having just one or two spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and the other sides will not cut it.  I eat so I can feel full.  If I had just one spoonful, I would be starving after dinner, which is unacceptable, and would be counterproductive as I would go back later for more unhealthy stuff.

I did not take a walk today, I didn't have time as I was visiting with family from 11:00 am through 7:45 pm when I left.  I only get to see them once a year, so I was not about to interrupt our conversations just to take a walk.  I was brought up to believe that others, especially your family, are more important than yourself even when it comes to health, so when family comes in, you need to spend time with them.  Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #233 on: April 08, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Did you walk today?

Having just one or two spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and the other sides will not cut it.  I eat so I can feel full.  If I had just one spoonful, I would be starving after dinner, which is unacceptable, and would be counterproductive as I would go back later for more unhealthy stuff.

I did not take a walk today, I didn't have time as I was visiting with family from 11:00 am through 7:45 pm when I left.  I only get to see them once a year, so I was not about to interrupt our conversations just to take a walk.  I was brought up to believe that others, especially your family, are more important than yourself even when it comes to health, so when family comes in, you need to spend time with them.  Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.

Oh shut up Jeff. It is an excuse with everything. The others may blame your family but you being unable to even walk (are you 2 years old now), feed yourself properly, and support yourself fall squarely on you. It is really time to bail on this thread just like Torie because you are incapable of taking any responsibility for anything and have no desire to change.  You just sit and troll us Remember that The Lord helps those that help themselves.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #234 on: April 08, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »

Did you walk today?

You need 3 spoons of mashed potatoes to be full?  If you drink more, this will fill your stomach, making you feel full.

You didn't have time, yet you had time to post 10 posts on the forum today.  You came on at 9:53 and posted until 10:43.  That's plenty of time to walk.

I didn't say you had to ignore your family, but if you were raised to be 270 pounds and sit around for an hour on the Internet when you could be walking, that's wrong.  If you were raised to eat 3 spoons of mashed potatoes as part of your meal, when you're 270 pounds, that's wrong.

But I doubt you were raised that way.  If you really were raised that way, then your parents did a horrible job at parenting.  But I don't think you were raised that way.  I think this is you making excuses for yourself.

Get off your fat, lazy butt and actually go for a walk... every day.  It's not hard--I promise.  You WILL keep making excuses unless you change, and I'd be willing to bet that you'll be dead by the age of 60 if you don't start making some major changes.

Stop spooning 3 spoons of mashed potatoes.  Drink lots of water, especially with your meal and after.  That will make you feel full and keep you from eating.

I mean, if you're not going to change, why do you even go to the doctor?  What's the point?  A little bit of fish oil isn't going to save you, and how much is it costing you?  If you don't care how long you live, then that's fine... but in that case, spend your money gorging yourself on bacon and lard so you can at least live a happy, overweight life instead of wasting your money on fish oil pills pretending that you're actually trying.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #235 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »

Culture, guys, it is all about culture. He won't change, and he will not be with us much longer. It's really sad too. But you can only do so much for someone before you have to give up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:21 PM »

You misconstrued what I said (which is normal, I guess).  I never said I was raised to sit on my butt and play on the Internet, rather I was raised to treat other people and the relationships with them, especially your own family, as more important than yourself even when it comes to your health.  I was born in the 1980's, but I was raised in a 1930's and 1940's mentality where relationships were the key to survival.  Oh, by the way, the 1930's mentality is NOT obsolete and should be brought back at all costs.  It is so much better than the 2010's mentality.

I posted on the forum while I was visiting with my family.  It's something called a tablet.

You really don't know what I do on a daily basis, so you really have no right to judge me and condemn me and yell at me for not doing what I should be doing.  Do I judge you and condemn you for what you are doing?  And, don't use the crappy excuse "well, what I do is better than what you do."

I do care about losing weight, but don't people realize it is a lot harder when family is around?  No one can expect me to keep the same routine with or without family.  I am doing what I can, but one day is not going to kill me.

I don't want to die early, but I also refuse to be old and miserable.  I would rather die young and happy than old and miserable.  Plus, when I die, I will have had the last laugh because I will win.  I just don't want to die too quickly.

Have you forgotten that I am not paying anything for my medication?  Those fish oil pills are not costing me a dime.  The blood pressure medicine, not a dime.  The Tourette's medicine, not a penny.  The anti-inflammatory, not a thing.  The only thing I have to pay for is the gas going to and from the pharmacy which is 45 miles round trip.

I am not upset by any of this, I am just pointing out the weaknesses and inaccuracies in your story.

While it is very hard right now, I have never said I was not going to not do what I can.  Missing one day every now and then is not going to kill me, especially when my diet was a lot better than it has been.

When the company leaves and the birthdays are over, I will really get down to business as things will settle down, but I will do what I can now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:42 PM »

Culture, guys, it is all about culture. He won't change, and he will not be with us much longer. It's really sad too. But you can only do so much for someone before you have to give up.

You seem to think I have given up.  Not so fast, my friend.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »

You need 3 spoons of mashed potatoes to be full?

Inks, a "spoon" isn't really a standard unit of measurement, is it?  We have no idea what quantity Bushie is referring to when he talks about eating "3 spoons of mashed potatoes".  How big are the spoons?  Bushie should clearly weigh every meal he eats (or measure its volume with water displacement) and report back to us.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #239 on: April 08, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »

You misconstrued what I said (which is normal, I guess).  I never said I was raised to sit on my butt and play on the Internet, rather I was raised to treat other people and the relationships with them, especially your own family, as more important than yourself even when it comes to your health.  I was born in the 1980's, but I was raised in a 1930's and 1940's mentality where relationships were the key to survival.  Oh, by the way, the 1930's mentality is NOT obsolete and should be brought back at all costs.  It is so much better than the 2010's mentality.

I posted on the forum while I was visiting with my family.  It's something called a tablet.

Wait a minute...

You're honestly telling me that you think it is more rude to tell your family, "I'll be back in 30 minutes; I'm going to take my daily walk" than it is to sit and play with an iPad while you are "visiting" with your family?  That's the most backwards, messed up thing I've heard all day.

No, Jeff, playing on a tablet when you're supposed to be "visiting" is the rude thing to do between those 2 choices.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:57 PM »

You need 3 spoons of mashed potatoes to be full?

Inks, a "spoon" isn't really a standard unit of measurement, is it?  We have no idea what quantity Bushie is referring to when he talks about eating "3 spoons of mashed potatoes".  How big are the spoons?  Bushie should clearly weigh every meal he eats (or measure its volume with water displacement) and report back to us.

I'm guessing it's on the bigger side, rather than the smaller side.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »

Have you forgotten that I am not paying anything for my medication?  Those fish oil pills are not costing me a dime.  The blood pressure medicine, not a dime.  The Tourette's medicine, not a penny.  The anti-inflammatory, not a thing.  The only thing I have to pay for is the gas going to and from the pharmacy which is 45 miles round trip.

There's not even a copay?  Oh - that's lovely... the Indians are subsidizing all of your poor habits.  You should be even more ashamed then.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2013, 12:15:16 AM »

When you're visiting with family for 10 hours or however long you do these things, do you just sit around and talk and/or eat the whole time?  No one else in your family would have an interest in going outside to get some fresh air, or even going with you on a walk of 30 or even 20 minutes to get some exercise, such that you can continue whatever conversation you're having with them while walking?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »

Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.

I think the way you were raised is wrong and obsolete. Oops.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2013, 12:59:41 AM »

Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.

No... I don't believe this is how they raised him.  Rules of Southern Hospitality don't say that you can't take a walk while visiting with your family, but you can sit and play with your iPad for an hour.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2013, 01:09:40 AM »

No... I don't believe this is how they raised him.  Rules of Southern Hospitality don't say that you can't take a walk while visiting with your family, but you can sit and play with your iPad for an hour.

Of course it's BS, but most things he tells us are. I just felt the urge to do the forbidden!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2013, 01:20:28 AM »

Of course it's BS, but most things he tells us are. I just felt the urge to do the forbidden!

Well you should be more careful next time... you might drive him over the edge, leading him to lock the thread... FOR A WHOLE WEEK!  GASP!!!!!!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #247 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:51 AM »

Well you should be more careful next time... you might drive him over the edge, leading him to lock the thread... FOR A WHOLE WEEK!  GASP!!!!!!

You're right. I did not consider the terrible effects my behavior could have.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »

Wait a minute...

You're honestly telling me that you think it is more rude to tell your family, "I'll be back in 30 minutes; I'm going to take my daily walk" than it is to sit and play with an iPad while you are "visiting" with your family?  That's the most backwards, messed up thing I've heard all day.

No, Jeff, playing on a tablet when you're supposed to be "visiting" is the rude thing to do between those 2 choices.

His Dad has to work 28 out of 30 days this month (for obvious reasons).  I doubt anyone thinks he's rude for not hanging out all day with the family.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2013, 07:55:54 AM »

I read this and immediately thought of Bushie:

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681708/we-should-measure-our-food-in-exercise-not-in-calories
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies