Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78399 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »

You are hilarious, Kal!  Where did you learn comedy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »

I am not going to respond to posts that are trying to get me to doubt what I have been called to and are designed to get me to stay home.

Translation: I was caught in a lie, and there's no way I can get out of this one.

Not a chance.  All you're trying to do is discourage me by pointing out lies.  That's all it is. 

Will you admit that you lied?

No, I will not.

So you heard God speak to you?

Yes, I did.

Then why did you later say that you didn't, and that it was all metaphorical?

I don't know.  Now, if you will excuse me I refuse to listen to attempts to discourage me.

Come on, Jeff... quit cowering with your tail between your legs every time someone challenges you on something.

This interrogation has no rhyme or reason other than to question my ethics, question my integrity, question my commitment to my Savior, so this conversation is done.

The rhyme and reason of this interrogation is to get you to tell the truth for once on this forum.

I tell more truth on this forum than lies.  I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about.

Calm down... it's a figure of speech.  Of course you tell the truth.  But you have lied a lot more than several times.

I know it's a figure of speech, and I will not deny the last sentence.

And, I'm not upset.  I'm just trying to figure out why every time I talk about moving to Kenya, my commitment and motives get questioned.

You really think you've only lied "several" times.  Define "several" for me.  Give me a range of what "several" is.

Um, read my first sentence again...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »

26 to 8, Inks. The forum has spoken.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »

I am not going to respond to posts that are trying to get me to doubt what I have been called to and are designed to get me to stay home.

Translation: I was caught in a lie, and there's no way I can get out of this one.

Not a chance.  All you're trying to do is discourage me by pointing out lies.  That's all it is. 

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

I don't know.  Now, if you will excuse me I refuse to listen to attempts to discourage me.

Come on, Jeff... quit cowering with your tail between your legs every time someone challenges you on something.

This interrogation has no rhyme or reason other than to question my ethics, question my integrity, question my commitment to my Savior, so this conversation is done.

The rhyme and reason of this interrogation is to get you to tell the truth for once on this forum.

I tell more truth on this forum than lies.  I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about.

Calm down... it's a figure of speech.  Of course you tell the truth.  But you have lied a lot more than several times.

And, I'm not upset.  I'm just trying to figure out why every time I talk about moving to Kenya, my commitment and motives get questioned.

You really think you've only lied "several" times.  Define "several" for me.  Give me a range of what "several" is.

Oh, ok, so as long as you tell more truth than lies, everything is OK?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »

Bushie, maybe you should try to become a righteous person yourself and not lie about everything or try to make your life seem different then that is. It's not a healthy thing to do and it's not a Christian thing to do. Besides that you want to go to Kenya for purely selfish reasons and not to really spread the word God. It'll end very badly for you if you don't realize what this move will actually be like and if you're not going for the right reasons (spread word of God and help the poor).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »

You are hilarious, Kal!  Where did you learn comedy?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

Oh, ok, so as long as you tell more truth than lies, everything is OK?

Not necessarily.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »

Would you two stop the complete quotebacks?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »

So define "several" for me, Jeff, since it's not clear exactly what you think it means.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

Tonight's broadcast of NPR's [Fresh Air is about Evangelicals who adopt African orphans, some of whom are not really orphans. I'll be listening!

npr is not 'bathed in prayer' so any piece by them has to be dismissed, obviously.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »

Bushie, maybe you should try to become a righteous person yourself and not lie about everything or try to make your life seem different then that is. It's not a healthy thing to do and it's not a Christian thing to do. Besides that you want to go to Kenya for purely selfish reasons and not to really spread the word God. It'll end very badly for you if you don't realize what this move will actually be like and if you're not going for the right reasons (spread word of God and help the poor).

I strive to pursue holiness everyday.  I fall flat on my face every day, as well.  It doesn't mean I'm not trying.  My motives for going to Africa are not selfish reasons.  My reasons are to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ, to plant churches, and to help with the day to day ground operations of Maisha.  I said last year that the one thing Maisha lacks on the ground is men.  They have 3 men, one of which is going to University, to oversee the education, nourishment, sponsorships, etc of 450 orphans and 100-150 widows.  I am just talking about the Architecture as a way to support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  Trust me, if I had any real inclination that I would just become another mouth to feed, I would stay home.  Right now, I am not seeing that.  I still strive to know what God's will is.  His will is for me to minister to the orphans and widows of Maisha and spread the love of God throughout west Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and South Sudan. 

As for Duke's advice of moving there right now, part of what God has told me is that I have some ministering left to do in Oklahoma, first.  He is not finished with me yet in Oklahoma, and those dates I set forth are goals, not set in stone dates.  I will not claim that those dates are God-ordained, they are just goals I would like to achieve.  If I said otherwise (I honestly can't remember), I apologize in advance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »

So define "several" for me, Jeff, since it's not clear exactly what you think it means.

Again, I back tracked on the word "several".  You said "you have lied more than several times".  I said I did not deny.  Yet, you accused me of sticking with the word "several".
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »

Again, I back tracked on the word "several".  You said "you have lied more than several times".  I said I did not deny.  Yet, you accused me of sticking with the word "several".

Where did you backtrack on the word "several"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: April 16, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »

Where did you backtrack on the word "several"?

I just told you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #539 on: April 16, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »

Oh, when you said that, I thought you meant you would not deny the last sentence of your last post, which was, "I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about."  So I thought you were sticking by the "several" comment, not backtracking.  My mistake.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »

It's possible you may have misunderstood me.  I meant to say I will not deny the last statement of your post.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2013, 02:56:26 PM »

Oh, when you said that, I thought you meant you would not deny the last sentence of your last post, which was, "I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about."  So I thought you were sticking by the "several" comment, not backtracking.  My mistake.

No worries.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »

Our Dear Friend just posted "Good evening!" on his Facebook and explained that because it is 3 o'clock, he starts calling this time of the day the evening.

Always one-ups himself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #544 on: April 16, 2013, 03:15:38 PM »

Our Dear Friend just posted "Good evening!" on his Facebook and explained that because it is 3 o'clock, he starts calling this time of the day the evening.

Always one-ups himself.

I'm self diagnosed a weirdo when it comes to time designations.  It changes throughout the year, as well.  For the months November-February, morning begins at midnight, early morning is 0000-0359, mid-morning is 0400-0759 am, late morning is 0800-1159, afternoon is 12:00-13:59, evening is 1400-1800, night is 1800-2359.  For the months March, April, September, and October, the morning designation stays the same, but afternoon is 1200-1459, evening is 1500-1859, night is 1900-2359.  In the summer months, May-August, the morning designation stays the same, afternoon is 1200-1559, evening 1600-1959, night 2000-2359.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #545 on: April 16, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »

Tmi
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

Ha
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »

I strive to pursue holiness everyday.  I fall flat on my face every day, as well.  It doesn't mean I'm not trying.

Why don't you come to Thailand and become a Buddhist monk?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #548 on: April 16, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »

Bushie's stubbornness is rearing its ugly head once again in this plot line. The thing is, we can argue this both ways and none of us will really know who is right. I just feel him using God as a full on shield and comparing himself to Moses/Abraham/David to justify his failures in life and his lack of urgency to improve his standing is simply laughable, incredibly arrogant and borderline sacrilegious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »

Bushie's stubbornness is rearing its ugly head once again in this plot line. The thing is, we can argue this both ways and none of us will really know who is right. I just feel him using God as a full on shield and comparing himself to Moses/Abraham/David to justify his failures in life and his lack of urgency to improve his standing is simply laughable, incredibly arrogant and borderline sacrilegious.

Neither Moses nor Abraham are better than me.  They were sinners who were used by God.  They still had to answer for their sins, but were still used by God.  I'm not trying to justify my failures at all.  I'm just not going to say another human is any better or worse than me.  Why? The Bible says that all humans are equal and that the saints of the Bible, while we can learn a lot from them, are no better than anybody today.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies