Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78405 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: April 18, 2013, 07:57:45 PM »

bushie why are you doing this excessive family visiting?  boredom?

Family custom is to drop everything you are doing when guests come into town, especially family.  I buck that trend however because tomorrow night, even though we are having a family dinner, I insist on going to my cousins for Bible Study at 1830.  I have a life, too, and I'll give a lot, but I will not completely press pause on my life's tape.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #626 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »

Whatever happened with your house?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2013, 08:05:07 PM »

Bushie and his rigid family customs. You would think he comes from money or something with all of these traditions of having to drop everything to see these people.

It can be tiring to visit with family, but I still cannot imagine what they do for hours on end together.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #628 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »

Whatever happened with your house?

We will be scheduling closing next week which will be 30 days out.  We'll be rid of the house by Memorial Day.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #629 on: April 18, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »

Don't you play around on your tablet during most of the family gatherings anyway?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #630 on: April 18, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

No, I am worn out from 15 straight days of continuously having to visit with family for most of that time.

Tell me something, wouldn't having to spend 15 straight days with company, at least 4-9 hours a day wear you out?

You might find this difficult to believe, but some people work 8 hours or more every day.

You might find this hard to believe, but I've done that before, and it's not quite as tiring as spending hours and days on end with family.  It depends on your line of work, though.  My dad would much rather work 60 hours a week than to have to spend hours with family for a month straight.

Then you've clearly never worked a job that's remotely difficult.  Either that, or you have a family from Hell.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #631 on: April 18, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »

And what happened to the daily walking?  It's not like you can use the excuse that you were cleaning up after the storm...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: April 18, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »

Don't you play around on your tablet during most of the family gatherings anyway?

Some of the time.  It depends on what we're doing over there and how long I'm over there.  This evening, I was only over there 3 hours, and we were eating for one hour, so I did not take my tablet.  I only play on the tablet, because this company comes two or three times a year, so even though they live in Las Vegas, we see them quite often because my grandmother is my aunt's mother.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »

No, I am worn out from 15 straight days of continuously having to visit with family for most of that time.

Tell me something, wouldn't having to spend 15 straight days with company, at least 4-9 hours a day wear you out?

You might find this difficult to believe, but some people work 8 hours or more every day.

You might find this hard to believe, but I've done that before, and it's not quite as tiring as spending hours and days on end with family.  It depends on your line of work, though.  My dad would much rather work 60 hours a week than to have to spend hours with family for a month straight.

Then you've clearly never worked a job that's remotely difficult.  Either that, or you have a family from Hell.

I'll agree working in call centers is not as tiring as a lot of other jobs.  That's why I said "it depends on the line of work."  I was only speaking of my experience.  Different things make different people more tired.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #634 on: April 18, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »

Having a job is far less tiring and stressful then spending time with family when you don't have a job and they keep asking questions.  I'll agree with Bushie on that one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: April 18, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »

And what happened to the daily walking?  It's not like you can use the excuse that you were cleaning up after the storm...

I'll be honest and the daily walking has taken a back seat.  I really have no excuse, but it's just taken a back seat.

We did talk about cleaning up the yard this evening, but haven't made any plans to clean everything up.  Tomorrow, the ground will still be too wet and muddy, plus Dad has come down with a sore throat, so he needs to stay inside.  We're going out to eat Saturday early evening and then I have a birthday party that afternoon, and then it's supposed to rain again early next week.  So, right now there's no good time, but we're thinking about it.  As long as we get it done before he has to mow again, we'll be fine.  We might be able to sneak out there Sunday afternoon if he gets off work in time.  We probably won't be able to get it all done, but he normally gets off around 2:00 on Sundays, and Mom and I have to leave for our respective church services at 5:30, so we might have a small 2 hour window Sunday to do it.  We'll see, though.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #636 on: April 18, 2013, 10:36:25 PM »

Hmm, are they hounding you about your lack of employment at these gatherings, Bush? What do they think about the whole Kenya scheme?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: April 18, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »

Hmm, are they hounding you about your lack of employment at these gatherings, Bush? What do they think about the whole Kenya scheme?

They don't ask about my employment, or lack thereof very often.  When they do, I tell them honestly that I'm trying to change my field of study and they are very supportive of that.  They realize there was no use in spinning my wheels for the forseeable future.  Everybody knows I had no future at Xerox in Utah and I'm getting too old to keep spinning my wheels.

They like the Kenya idea.  They are all in favor of that, as well.  They know me well and they know I'm not doing this for selfish reasons and that I'm following what I was called to do.  They just want me to be happy in both circumstances.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #638 on: April 18, 2013, 10:52:07 PM »

I'll be honest and the daily walking has taken a back seat.  I really have no excuse, but it's just taken a back seat.

We did talk about cleaning up the yard this evening, but haven't made any plans to clean everything up.  Tomorrow, the ground will still be too wet and muddy, plus Dad has come down with a sore throat, so he needs to stay inside.  We're going out to eat Saturday early evening and then I have a birthday party that afternoon, and then it's supposed to rain again early next week.  So, right now there's no good time, but we're thinking about it.  As long as we get it done before he has to mow again, we'll be fine.  We might be able to sneak out there Sunday afternoon if he gets off work in time.  We probably won't be able to get it all done, but he normally gets off around 2:00 on Sundays, and Mom and I have to leave for our respective church services at 5:30, so we might have a small 2 hour window Sunday to do it.  We'll see, though.

I don't understand this. Your dad is in his sixties and working a job 60 hours a week. He's putting you up rent-free. You're unemployed and watch TV all day. You should be cleaning up the yard yourself. Just ask your dad where he wants everything (can it really be that complicated?) and make a day out of it. You can nap and fiddle around on your tablet for the rest of the week.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #639 on: April 18, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »

I think BushOklahoma is a pretty cool guy, eh is lazier and has less of a work ethic than opebo and doesn't afraid of anything.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #640 on: April 18, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »

Yeah, make yourself useful doing something. Ideally, bring some income. But if not at least clean up, make dinner, now the yard, whatever. Do something for your family. All that desire you have to be helpful? Here's your chance to practice.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #641 on: April 18, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »

Yeah, I mean, taking naps and playing online all day while your dad, who's in his 60s, works 60 hours weeks at whatever job he has to be able to support you and your mother is really selfish. I know Bushie someone doesn't see it that way, as he feels entitled to just about everything, but it's really sad. At the same time, since his parents are his enablers, I suppose they are digging their own grave (and his in the process).

Whatever. At this rate, Bushie will not be alive much longer to really worry about these Kenyan fantasies, which I suppose he is also okay with since he thinks he will be welcomed into heaven.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #642 on: April 18, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »

As long as we get it done before he has to mow again, we'll be fine.

Your dad is mowing the lawn too?  Even though you have nothing to do all day, while he has a full time job?  Are you doing any chores around the house at all?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #643 on: April 18, 2013, 11:15:39 PM »

As long as we get it done before he has to mow again, we'll be fine.

Your dad is mowing the lawn too?  Even though you have nothing to do all day, while he has a full time job?  Are you doing any chores around the house at all?

He can't mow the lawn because he doesn't have proper grass walking shoes.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #644 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »

I used to be as lazy as Bushie, then I took an arrow to the knee.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #645 on: April 18, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »

Maybe Bushie's family chastised him for walking because exercise is evil? Or maybe he never did walk and only now admitted it because Inks now can track him on that app? It's sad, either way.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #646 on: April 18, 2013, 11:35:40 PM »

He has a sore throat, so he can't do anything?  That seems a bit ridiculous.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #647 on: April 18, 2013, 11:37:19 PM »

Maybe Bushie's family chastised him for walking because exercise is evil? Or maybe he never did walk and only now admitted it because Inks now can track him on that app? It's sad, either way.

I'm beginning to think it's the latter.  He always claims he's doing good things until he has to prove them, and then the excuse slowly begin leaking out of the crack through the dam.  A week later after we've all chipped away at the leak, the dam breaks and he tells the truth.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #648 on: April 18, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »

His 60 year old dad shouldn't have to clean up the yard when he's sick when he has a capable son who has no job and spends his days watching baseball and playing on his android tablet.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #649 on: April 18, 2013, 11:47:38 PM »

His 60 year old dad shouldn't have to clean up the yard when he's sick when he has a capable son who has no job and spends his days watching baseball and playing on his android tablet.

But Duke, his dad probably "insists" on doing all of this.  And it would be an insult and disrespectful if he didn't let his dad work his butt off while he sits in his lawn chair with his straw hat on, sipping iced teas in his shorts and sunglasses.

It's kinda like when you go out to eat, and people fight over who's going to pay the bill - you go back and forth insisting that you'll pay.  Jeff seems like the type of person who when the other person offers to pay, just says, "OK!" and lets them do it without hesitation.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies