Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:29:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78413 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: April 20, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »

You and your mom should get gym memberships, Bush.

But that would cut into the Crackerbarrel and Denny's fund!

Haha, and we would rather not have to pay to exercise when we can walk in our own yard.  We've got 2 - 2 1/2 walkable acres and my grandmother has 5 walkable acres.  Why pay when you can get the same results for free?

1. The gym has superior exercise equipment and facilities, which allow for a more varied workout and facilitates exercises you wouldn't be able to do normally.
2. There are people there that will help you craft a workout routine that accomplishes your fitness goals.
3. The money spent on the gym membership is money not being spent on some fried food abomination.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #701 on: April 20, 2013, 02:35:13 PM »

So what happens when you reach one of those marks?

When I reach any mark but the lowest one, I keep going.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2013, 02:35:36 PM »

Bushie, I'm the same height as you. 200 lbs is not ideal. I'm at 190 and I have plenty of gut.

It's much better than 270...  Plus, I would rather be a little overweight than to be perfectly normal.  In case of starvation, those with more fat live longer!  80-90 lbs is quite excessive, so 15-20 lbs of extra fat is not that harmful.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »

What about when you reach your lowest goal. What do you do then?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »

I'll probably stop in the 190's at the very lowest because of my preference to be a little overweight.  When I get down there, I'll start taking measures to hold steady between 190 and 200.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »

Bushie, I'm the same height as you. 200 lbs is not ideal. I'm at 190 and I have plenty of gut.

It's much better than 270...  Plus, I would rather be a little overweight than to be perfectly normal.  In case of starvation, those with more fat live longer!  80-90 lbs is quite excessive, so 15-20 lbs of extra fat is not that harmful.
I don't think you know what ideal means. I feel pretty confident in saying that none of us are at any risk of starvation. Face it. You are 100 lbs overweight. And you have not been at all successful in reducing in the past. If you want to go after that 100 lbs, what are you planning on doing differently? Walking, while slightly better than nothing, is not going to get the job done.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »

I'll probably stop in the 190's at the very lowest because of my preference to be a little overweight.  When I get down there, I'll start taking measures to hold steady between 190 and 200.

how much did you weigh senior year of HS?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »

About 185 or so.  I was a normal weight entering college.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

About 185 or so.  I was a normal weight entering college.

So as you are aware you have no excuse. You'll be able to do more when you drop some weight. Stop wasting  time.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #709 on: April 20, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »

bushie you jump from one fantasy to another (ive been guilty of doing the same a time or two in my life).

one day you are going to be a cad
next day you are definitely going to kenya
day after that you are certainly going to begin exercising and lose 100 pounds
day after that you are going to utah (and will drive through a little piece of cali to get there)
day after that god definitely called you to be a preacher

concentrate on one thing right now.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #710 on: April 20, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »

bushie you jump from one fantasy to another (ive been guilty of doing the same a time or two in my life).

day after that you are going to utah (and will drive through a little piece of cali to get there)

Might I suggest Christmas? Just 8 more months to go.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #711 on: April 20, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

Why are you waiting until Tuesday to start walking?

Be honest... did you ever actually start walking?  I think you lied.  I think you claimed you were walking, until I could prove that you weren't, and then you "stopped".  This is just like your diet.  You claimed you were losing weight, but then when we asked for proof, you started making excuses and eventually admit that you lied.

So, tell us, did you lie about walking?  Because it seems to fit the pattern of your usual lies.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: April 20, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »

Why are you waiting until Tuesday to start walking?

Be honest... did you ever actually start walking?  I think you lied.  I think you claimed you were walking, until I could prove that you weren't, and then you "stopped".  This is just like your diet.  You claimed you were losing weight, but then when we asked for proof, you started making excuses and eventually admit that you lied.

So, tell us, did you lie about walking?  Because it seems to fit the pattern of your usual lies.

I actually did walk a couple of the days.  I didn't walk for very long, but I did walk.  I will admit I did not walk as long as I said I did, but I did get outside and walk just a bit.  I took one lap around the 2 acres and called it a day.

We have moved the family walking start date up to Monday as plans with the family have changed slightly.  We are having one final lunch with the family after church tomorrow.  After dinner, we'll come home and get out and help Dad in the yard if my stomach will allow.  I got hold of some bad mexican food tonight and I'm currently trying to console my stomach.  I've got a bottle of Tums cocked and loaded on my desk.  Unless I'm doubled over in pain or having to run back and forth to the commode, I will definitely get out there for a couple hours and help work on the yard before I go to church.  Then, Monday since we have no family obligations, Mom and I will get out and walk for about 20 minutes or so.

We'll have more company come in on 8 May and leave 10 May, but they're not near as exhausting and will not disrupt our routine.  We'll just have dinner with them both evenings.  After them, we'll have company come in again at the end of June for a week, although I'll be gone, and then hopefully my brother and his family will come home for a couple weeks in early July.  When they leave, we'll have a two month break before we get more company in September and October.  Although, by the time the company comes in early May, we'll have a routine in place and it will be much easier to keep a routine while company is in town instead of trying to start a routine when you're bombarded with family from sun up to sun down.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #713 on: April 20, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »

The thing is none of those are fantasies.  Utah is in the past, so you can cross that one off the list.  In fact, the remaining items on your list are related to each other.  While I am going to school to be a CAD (and long before I start school), I will be trying to lose weight and I will be doing both of those to prepare me to go to Kenya.  While I'm in Kenya, I will be planting churches and churches need preachers.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #714 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »

I can't imagine not being able to walk at all. I hope his mother's health is enough to get them both to wake up and get healthy, but as he and I have explained before, I doubt it. They will return to the old country cooking they know and love, and walking 10 minutes a day will not really stop what's coming.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #715 on: April 20, 2013, 09:21:57 PM »

Do the Christians in Kenya not already have churches?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #716 on: April 20, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »

Do the Christians in Kenya not already have churches?

Yeah I pointed that out earlier. Kenya's kind of a weird place to do missionary work, unless you're going to the Muslim areas, which Bushie is not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: April 20, 2013, 10:36:14 PM »

Every nation in the world, including the United States, needs missionaries, regardless if they are majority Christian or not.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #718 on: April 20, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »

But why can't the Kenyans plant their own churches and recruit their own preachers? Why do they need white Americans to do this for them?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »

God can use anybody He wants where He wants.  He doesn't need anybody, He chooses to use filthy, dirty, rotten people to carry out His work.  In this case, He is choosing to use a fat, white man from Harrah, Oklahoma, the son of parents who do not have much money.  He is using a man who falls flat on his face daily, if not hourly.  He is using a man who is as stubborn and hard headed as a box of rocks.  Most importantly, though, He is using a man who is choosing to be used by Him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #720 on: April 20, 2013, 11:05:21 PM »

But why can't the Kenyans plant their own churches and recruit their own preachers? Why do they need white Americans to do this for them?
Perhaps they need help loving on children.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #721 on: April 20, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »

I for one think that Bushie should be applauded for traveling to the heart of darkness to take up the white man's burden.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #722 on: April 20, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

He honestly believes he's a chosen one of God's and is using that to rationalize all other shortcomings. This is wonderful.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2013, 12:08:16 AM »

Duke, would you please be quiet.  You seem to think I'm not good enough or I'm too sinful to be used by God.  You're right, but God sees me through the lens of His Son's blood.  Through that lens, He sees me as crisp and clean.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2013, 12:19:18 AM »

Duke, would you please be quiet.  You seem to think I'm not good enough or I'm too sinful to be used by God.  You're right, but God sees me through the lens of His Son's blood.  Through that lens, He sees me as crisp and clean.

Of course. My apologies. You speak for god, you know exactly what he says and what he thinks, so far be it from me to ever question any of this.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies