Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78422 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: April 22, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »

Yay!  Jeff walked!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #851 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »

What kind of beans are you having? Black beans are my favorite. Plenty of flavor. Not technically beans, but I like lentils a lot too. They're not as fussy as beans. No need for endless soaking draining and simmering. Plenty of protein and fiber without all the fat that comes with animal protein. If you can boil water, you can make lentils. And super duper cheap too! You can.have a meal for a quarter. Seriously. They're next to the rice at Wal-Mart Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #852 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:08 PM »

Lentils are great if you make them with olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, onions and bay leaves. There's an art to it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #853 on: April 22, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2013, 06:30:35 PM by Senator Sbane »

I recommend cooking for yourself. More control over what you eat and a better value.

With the last of the company leaving tomorrow morning and the family dinners over after tonight, we will be able to do just that.  In fact, tonight is a homecooked meal - Beans & Cornbread, which is not too bad, I guess as the beans are a good source of protein.  The cornbread is just bread with no real nutritional benefit or nutritional hazard.

Cornbread leads to a quick insulin spike. Try and replace cornbread with whole grains. I am glad you are eating beans, and if you can, try and eat more fruits. Your dessert should be fruits.

And I will concur on the lentils. They are excellent for you and they taste really good too. You should really try and make some split chickpeas. I swear they taste great. I can tell you a recipe too if you would like. Though it needs some Indian spices you likely don't have......
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #854 on: April 22, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »

What kind of beans are you having? Black beans are my favorite. Plenty of flavor. Not technically beans, but I like lentils a lot too. They're not as fussy as beans. No need for endless soaking draining and simmering. Plenty of protein and fiber without all the fat that comes with animal protein. If you can boil water, you can make lentils. And super duper cheap too! You can.have a meal for a quarter. Seriously. They're next to the rice at Wal-Mart Smiley

They were pinto beans with a little bit of ham mixed in.  She has an electric pressure cooker and cooked the beans in there.  They put too much water in the beans, but otherwise the flavor was fantastic.  I had two bowls of beans about a grand total of 2 3/4 cups.  I also had 2 small cornbread muffins and no dessert.  I did check the tea, and it is indeed decaf.  It was Cain's decaffeinated tea bags.  My original assumption was corrected when I asked her about it, she doesn't buy anything caffeinated except for Diet Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper and that's just for me.  She drinks mostly water with some Caffeine Free Diet Coke occasionally.  Also, with her tea, she doesn't have an iced tea maker.  She puts the tea bags on the stove in a pan of water and fixes the tea that way.  So, the tea starts out as hot tea, but is cooled down with ice in the glasses.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #855 on: April 22, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »

I recommend cooking for yourself. More control over what you eat and a better value.

With the last of the company leaving tomorrow morning and the family dinners over after tonight, we will be able to do just that.  In fact, tonight is a homecooked meal - Beans & Cornbread, which is not too bad, I guess as the beans are a good source of protein.  The cornbread is just bread with no real nutritional benefit or nutritional hazard.

Cornbread leads to a quick insulin spike. Try and replace cornbread with whole grains. I am glad you are eating beans, and if you can, try and eat more fruits. Your dessert should be fruits.

And I will concur on the lentils. They are excellent for you and they taste really good too. You should really try and make some split chickpeas. I swear they taste great. I can tell you a recipe too if you would like. Though it needs some Indian spices you likely don't have......

I have lentils in Kenya.  You're right, it's tastes pretty good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #856 on: April 22, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »

Now, as far as the walking goes, tomorrow will be a challenge.  The rain is supposed to be moving out, but we're supposed to have a driving north wind, temperatures struggling to reach 41 with wind chills in the 20's all day.  I'm not going to make the decision on tomorrow until I wake up.  I'll be able to walk Wednesday, though, no problem if I get out there at the same time I did this morning.  Temperatures are supposed to reach 57 dwith bright sunshine, so it will be a little chilly, but very manageable.  At Noon, Mom and I are taking Grandma out to eat for her birthday.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #857 on: April 22, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »

Now, as far as the walking goes, tomorrow will be a challenge.  The rain is supposed to be moving out, but we're supposed to have a driving north wind, temperatures struggling to reach 41 with wind chills in the 20's all day.

You do have a jacket, hat, and gloves, right?  You should be able to walk when it's below freezing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #858 on: April 22, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »

Now, as far as the walking goes, tomorrow will be a challenge.  The rain is supposed to be moving out, but we're supposed to have a driving north wind, temperatures struggling to reach 41 with wind chills in the 20's all day.  I'm not going to make the decision on tomorrow until I wake up.  I'll be able to walk Wednesday, though, no problem if I get out there at the same time I did this morning.  Temperatures are supposed to reach 57 dwith bright sunshine, so it will be a little chilly, but very manageable.  At Noon, Mom and I are taking Grandma out to eat for her birthday.

Wear a freaking coat... no excuses, man.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #859 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »

I probably will.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #860 on: April 22, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »

I checked on the Kenya Plane Tickets this morning, because we haven't gotten them, yet, and she said the travel agent is having a challenge keeping it under $2,000 and under 30 hours from take off from Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to touchdown at Jomo-Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya.  The travel agent found one set of tickets for roughly $1800 going through Saudi Arabia, but it took two days to get to Nairobi.  We don't want to be spending all of our time in the airport or on an airplane.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #861 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »

The old folks around here go to the mall to do their walking when the weather is not to their liking. Also, do yourself a favor: don't try planting any churches in Saudi Arabia. They don't much like that over there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »

The old folks around here go to the mall to do their walking when the weather is not to their liking. Also, do yourself a favor: don't try planting any churches in Saudi Arabia. They don't much like that over there.

LOL!

The closest mall to me is 20 miles away in Shawnee, so that's out.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #863 on: April 22, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »

I probably will.

Stop being such a pussy. It is rain and a slight chill in the air. If you let the smallest obstacle stand in the way, then how are you ever going to be capable of the real horrible stuff that life will always throw at you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #864 on: April 22, 2013, 11:53:21 PM »

Haha, suprisingly none of those four establishments appeal to me.  I'm not a big candy eater, I don't care for wings, and I have no gold to sell.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #865 on: April 22, 2013, 11:55:56 PM »

I think I'm going to turn in "early".  I was planning to stay up until 1:30 or 2:00 again, but I've decided to go to bed shortly after midnight.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #866 on: April 23, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »

Haha, suprisingly none of those four establishments appeal to me.  I'm not a big candy eater, I don't care for wings, and I have no gold to sell.

You don't like Bdubs?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #867 on: April 23, 2013, 08:03:04 AM »

You need a better travel agent.  The story you tell is so effing outrageous I actually believe you.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #868 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »

at 9 am it is 38 degrees with drizzle in okc.  you can forget about bushie walking today!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #869 on: April 23, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »

You don't like Bdubs?

Nope.  If I am coerced to eat there, I will find something else on the menu besides wings, if that's possible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »

There will be no walking today, not because of the weather, but because it appears I'm going to have to stay close to the bathroom.  My stomach is not real happy this morning.  I'll get back out there tomorrow.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #871 on: April 23, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »

You don't like Bdubs?

Nope.  If I am coerced to eat there, I will find something else on the menu besides wings, if that's possible.

Wings are about the only American junk food I actually enjoy...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #872 on: April 23, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »

at 9 am it is 38 degrees with drizzle in okc.  you can forget about bushie walking today!

There will be no walking today, not because of the weather, but because it appears I'm going to have to stay close to the bathroom.  My stomach is not real happy this morning.  I'll get back out there tomorrow.

Mitty nails it, again.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #873 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »

That's why I prefer going to the gym over moving around in the great outdoors. Climate control, television, and eye candy. Bushie can't get any of that navigating the perimeter of his family's small tract of prairie. They even have a restroom should nature make a call Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #874 on: April 23, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »

I am going to take a nap. I'm just not feeling real well today. I feel quite achy. I had to disobey doctor's orders and take some Aleve at lunch. I think either this weather is making me feel crummy, or I'm just tired after having to help entertain family for 3 weeks. Either way, I'm going to take a nap.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies