Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:34:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78390 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: March 28, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »

Fantastic!  Is there any way you can ban Inks from your thread?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »

Fantastic!  Is there any way you can ban Inks from your thread?

Being able to moderate a thread you create would be marvelous.

Yeah I would vote for that, for sure.  Or at least every poster should be able to moderate his own 'update' thread.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:46:52 AM »

31 years old with one foot in the grave and the other in the poor house.  You can change this if you stop acting like a helpless.

No, his condition is caused by capitalism, patrick.  Bushie, just like you or I, is a victim of the horrible, cannibalistic system under which we all live.  It is offensive and counterproductive to blame one's fellow victims for their inevitable annihilation.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

I like the name, Torie, but don't agree with the idea that what this man is doing is social mobility in any sense which acts as an apology for capitalism.

By the way, Torie, are you manufacturing doors and windows, or merely installing them?  (by 'you', I mean memo, your Mexican minion).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:42:11 AM »

bushie walks once or twice a year?!?

thanks for reminding me again why red states suck...they arent pedestrian friendly.

That's not really their fault - the entire continent outside perhaps a few small 'dry zones' has a climate utterly hostile to pedestrianism.  Mostly it is too hot and humid, though also occasionally too cold.

It is also impossible to walk anywhere in Thailand because of the heat (100 degrees every day for a week or more now - its 'summertime' here) and humidity.  Few Thai people walk anywhere at all.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »

How much will you see your kids when you're in Kenya?  Daily?  Will they call you daddy? 

Daily, and I probably won't be called daddy.

'Bwana'?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 01:24:33 PM »

I don't think you or your family knows how to eat properly. You were all raised on "good ole country food" which is heavy on the red meat, fried, covered in gravy or full of animal fat. It's GOOD, trust me, I remember my grandmother used to cook crap like that a lot when I was a kid and I would eat it all the time, but I learned when I turned 16 or so that I couldn't do that forever. My grandmother made the same excuses you made - she gained a lot of weight after she turned 75 and fell. She gave up. She even said she "wasn't supposed to exercise" even though we begged her to get her weight under control. She died at 80 of a massive stroke.

Um.. you criticize some people's habits and then use as an example of what is wrong with those habits the story of some old lady dying at 80 years of age?  I have news for you bub, everybody dies at about that age - in fact she did much better than average.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 05:08:45 PM »

All it takes is a few simple changes and the quality of life will improve.

Sounds incredibly overly optimistic to me.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »

As with many things in life the answer to this particular issue is rather simple. Eat less and exercise more. The tough part is asking yourself the hard questions. You can run away from that for decades or never bother to ask for fear of the answer.

I don't know - I mean, eating is one of the few enjoyments in life, and exercising is very unpleasant, and in any case you die regardless of what you do... so, the whole rationale of your recommendations is dubious.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:33 AM »

There's another reason to avoid most pies I've tried. They taste like [inks].

True.  Like so many foods corporatization has ruined pies.  One has to engage in a strenuous search to find a decent pie (home-made, with lard, etc.).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »

Torie is probably going to die after Bushie at this rate.

The rich have more to live for, certainly.  There doesn't seem to be much point for the poor to go on any further.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »

I still say he needs some drugs to get him moving around a little bit.

What the heck do you mean - some form of speed?  I hear people that use those types of drugs are quite thin.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »

Absolutely. Bushie can't will his way out of obesity any more than a schizo can will himself back to reality. We're dealing with brain chemistry here. You can get mucuna pruriens 100% legally on amazon.com. It's not quite as good as adderall but same idea. Increases dopamine. Gives you motivation and focus.

Wow, that stuff sounds great!  I need some of that.  I have no desire to be thinner but I would like to be able to 'do research'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »

I assume you mean Bayer as in aspirin (although they also make Aleve), in which case, it's aspirin.

Aspirin's great.  My favorite.  I take some almost every day, in powdered form.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

I assume you mean Bayer as in aspirin (although they also make Aleve), in which case, it's aspirin.

Aspirin's great.  My favorite.  I take some almost every day, in powdered form.

Cocaine is not aspirin opebo.

Haha, I wish!  If I had some of that stuff I could probably 'do research'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »

I have a lot more stamina than what I let on.

You mean you haven't been telling the whole truth, and your unhealthiness is due to pretty much pure laziness?  Nawwww..... that can't be true.

Actually he only said he was healthier and had more stamina than an extremely old woman who has survived multiple cancers, has scoliosis, and memory loss..
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

I'm going because I fell in love with that place last year.  I will be moving there in 2016-2017.

You should come to Thailand - it has all the positives with few if any of the negatives of Kenya, plus you can get a job very easily, unlike there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »

You should come to Thailand - it has all the positives with few if any of the negatives of Kenya, plus you can get a job very easily, unlike there.

Let's analyze this opebo:

Kenya

vs.

Thailand
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »

I agree.  I was trying to be fair.. I would love to go spend a few weeks in Kenya if I had the money.  But for a long-term place to live I think the choice is still pretty clear.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 11:34:49 AM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.  I am going to school this fall to develop skills and a trade that would be useful in both America and Kenya and that being architecture.  I would just have to learn Kenyan building codes.

There's no shortage of manpower there, Bushie, just white-folks cash.  I honestly believe you'd be doing them a much bigger favor to go pursue money somewhere else (say Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan - both have highly paid 'teaching' positions), and send money to Kenya.  It would probably just get stolen mostly, but at least it has some potential to be of use, unlike your good self.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

Well I certainly do.  Considering Bushie is an actual, real person, he does know a few things.  A figment can't 'know' anything.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »

Nonsense Bush.  Its just your whim, like eating lots of fried chickens or whatever else it is you impetuously get involved with.  Or at any rate there is no way to distinguish it from your whim.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.
Can you elaborate on the above without being too graphic?

Please tell me you've heard of the term "love on somebody."  It doesn't mean anything graphic, it means tending to their needs physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.

I've heard that, and I'll bet memphis has too - it sounds like something people would say in the South.  It sounds kind of 'motherly' like giving hugs and things like that.  It may or may not be appropriate everywhere:  Did you know that in Thailand hugs are considered very weird by most people and are not welcomed much?  Even among close family members hugging is not a commonplace or normal practice.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »

He's going all the way to Africa to hug children? Seriously?

Yeah it really does honestly sound that way to me.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »

I strive to pursue holiness everyday.  I fall flat on my face every day, as well.  It doesn't mean I'm not trying.

Why don't you come to Thailand and become a Buddhist monk?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies