Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:07:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78361 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: April 08, 2013, 01:28:44 AM »

There's another reason to avoid most pies I've tried. They taste like [inks].
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:46:36 AM »

I don't understand how one can possibly stuff that much food into his mouth to gain 10 pounds in one month without at least heavy drinking.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »

Yeah but usually that weight must stay on considering you weigh 269. Or you just have company in town all the time. I eat a lot too when there is a special occasion, so I get it, but I tend to not keep it on when it's over. Hell, last weekend I celebrated my own birthday, a friends birthday and a family friend, so I ate constantly, lobster, lima beans, salads, chinese, cake, but I cut back after that!

Before they came, I was starting to drift down closer to 260.  I think I bottomed out at 263-264 before they came.  I was losing a little bit because I was drinking 5 glasses of water a day, cutting back on what I ate, and walking just a bit.

You do realize that drinking water does not cause you to lose weight? Rather, it only keeps you from consuming more calories than you already are through eating.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »

Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.

I think the way you were raised is wrong and obsolete. Oops.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 01:09:40 AM »

Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.

No... I don't believe this is how they raised him.  Rules of Southern Hospitality don't say that you can't take a walk while visiting with your family, but you can sit and play with your iPad for an hour.

Of course it's BS, but most things he tells us are. I just felt the urge to do the forbidden!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:51 AM »

No... I don't believe this is how they raised him.  Rules of Southern Hospitality don't say that you can't take a walk while visiting with your family, but you can sit and play with your iPad for an hour.

Of course it's BS, but most things he tells us are. I just felt the urge to do the forbidden!

Well you should be more careful next time... you might drive him over the edge, leading him to lock the thread... FOR A WHOLE WEEK!  GASP!!!!!!

You're right. I did not consider the terrible effects my behavior could have.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:50 AM »

How could he "pay down" his credit cards if he's not working? Does Bushie have a sugar daddy?

Prayer.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 03:15:43 AM »

So you're saying gym wasn't mandatory after the sixth grade?

What the [inks] is wrong with Oklahoma?

Morbidly obese people like Bushie probably design the school system, and they know how exhausting that hike from the last parking row to Wal-Mart can be. They're just thinking of the children and trying not to wear them out too much.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 03:29:53 AM »

1. I can't see you doing computer-aided drafting.
2. The class is self-paced?  If you're as diligent with class as you are with your dieting and exercise plans, you might finish before 2020.

How are you going to pay off the $2,500 if you don't know you have a job right after?  Why not get a job and save up money and then take the class?

1. I've always been interested in architecture.  It involves higher math, such as Geometry and Trigonometry, both of which I have taken and did pretty well in.  The aptitude test will tell me more and if not CAD, it will tell me what I would be good in.

2.  Fair assessment, but it is not self-paced at home, it is self-paced in the classroom and it will be in an area that interests me, so I should be fine

3.  They'll have a job-placement service at the end of the program, so I should be fine with that.

By the way: If you think trigonometry is "higher math"... Roll Eyes
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 03:42:14 AM »

You need to at least be able to differentiate and integrate to pass 13th grade (in Hesse at least), and at that relatively basic level, I certainly wouldn't yet call that higher math.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »

I'm going because I fell in love with that place last year.  I will be moving there in 2016-2017.

Buy a round-trip ticket.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »

I will be heading out for Metro Technology Center in a bit to take the Compass Test.  The test is at 11:30, so I want to be there by 11:10 to find the testing center, so I will leave about 10:40 - 15 minutes from now.  I should be finished about 14:00 or 14:30, so I should be home between 15:00-15:30.  I'll probably watch some baseball tonight from 18:00-00:00 and get started on my FAFSA tomorrow.  If I can find time this afternoon, I may go out and walk for a bit.  I'm not sure what the 2 1/2 hours between 15:30-18:00 will look like, yet, but if I have time, I will get outside and walk for about 30 minutes, and if I do, I'll use the app so Inks can confirm that I actually did walk.

Is watching baseball for 6 hours not even slightly boring for you?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »

What kind of math was relevant in this test?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 10:11:46 AM »

Good Morning, Kal!  Like I said in the other thread, I may be a total mess, but I know God can still use me.  He loves to use big messes.  There are many things I need to clean up and I'm just beginning to clean up now, but I've got a long way to go.  God can clean screw ups like me real good.  What I don't understand, but am so grateful, is that despite my complete and utter screw ups, since I am covered by the blood of Jesus Christ, God looks through the lens of His Son's blood and sees me spotless, white as snow.

God just told me your place is in the mental institution. He also reminded me to take the trash out.

Have a nice day.

I will, Kal, thank you for the well wishes. Tongue

You do the same.

God told me he's crying at your pitiful attempts to make a joke.

He's angry.

Did you known that nine out of ten housewives can't tell the difference between the voice of God and a dead crab?

Did you know that 64.3% of statistics are fake?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22:38 AM »

Well, folks, family time is here again.  I am about to head to my Grandmother's and will probably be there all the way until late this evening.  I'll be watching severe weather coverage all day long on my tablet and on our local NBC affiliate.  I'll be posting on the forum periodically throughout the day and on facebook.  I will see you all later.

All you're going to do today is watch severe weather coverage? Shucks, I hope you can still get your afternoon nap in!

Sounds like one of his more interesting days, actually.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »

No, I am worn out from 15 straight days of continuously having to visit with family for most of that time.

Tell me something, wouldn't having to spend 15 straight days with company, at least 4-9 hours a day wear you out?

You might find this difficult to believe, but some people work 8 hours or more every day.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »

You're so committed to going to Kenya, yet you can't even walk a mile a day.  You're going to be in for a big shock when you're stuck over in Kenya.

I've got a lot of work to do, don't I?  Tongue

Yet you continue to sit on your butt doing nothing...

That much is true, but will be changing soon.

You said that weeks ago.

years
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »

How many calories do you think walking 10 minutes a day is going to burn?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »

Even for someone as overweight as he is, that number seems ridiculously high. At least for the kind of walking Bushie probably means.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »

How many calories do you think walking 10 minutes a day is going to burn?

Probably not much, but we are doing what her doctor recommends.

That doesn't mean you have to restrict your excercise to the level that was recommended for her.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »

To be fair, every bit is better than nothing....but there's no reason you should settle for "better than nothing" right now. You haven't got anything better to do right now, so why not focus intensively on weight loss and healthier living?

I know, that would require self-discipline and that it's therefore unlikely to happen....but excercise really only starts to be worthwhile if it's enough to wear you out. Is that point really after 10...or even 30 minutes of walking?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »

Certainly not for the speed Bushie will reach walking through Wal-Mart.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 01:09:53 PM »

Why would it do no good to start at 45 minutes? Are you physically incapable of walking for that amount of time?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »

So what happens when you reach one of those marks?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 12:06:54 AM »

It's disturbing enough to lie about everything, but it's almost even more disturbing to manage to get caught practically every time.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies