Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:48:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78324 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: March 28, 2013, 10:43:44 PM »

31 years old with one foot in the grave and the other in the poor house.  You can change this if you stop acting like a helpless.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

I have taken 5 fish pills so far and I've definitely had some fish breath and burping!  This could get interesting as I take more pills!

Maybe if you stopped being such a p#ssy that would clear up.

Tough love time. Sort it out and take control of your life
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

I haven't walked today.  I've been out with my mother all day and now at Grandma's waiting for the family to come in.  They should be here between 4 and 5.  It is bright and sunny here in the high 40's, but we'll be busy all month with family and birthdays, so I will walk when I can this month.

Yet from 9:10 - 11:00, you didn't say you had anything to do.  And you've had time to come on the forum... walking only takes 30 minutes, at most.

I made some phone calls and sent emails.  I could have walked, but I didn't.   No big deal.

Yes, it is. This is your life, get off your a$$ and live it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

You don't need a master plan to eat less and exercise more. Control your portions, be active and keep yourself accountable.

You are being a molly coddled, mealy mouth man child.  That said, by all means, please proceed with your whine fest.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:59:48 PM »

So I'm thinking and hoping by the looks of it that Zack went out a had a few and Bushie has returned to a full on troll spree.  All is right with the Atlas Forum.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »

I don't think you or your family knows how to eat properly. You were all raised on "good ole country food" which is heavy on the red meat, fried, covered in gravy or full of animal fat. It's GOOD, trust me, I remember my grandmother used to cook crap like that a lot when I was a kid and I would eat it all the time, but I learned when I turned 16 or so that I couldn't do that forever. My grandmother made the same excuses you made - she gained a lot of weight after she turned 75 and fell. She gave up. She even said she "wasn't supposed to exercise" even though we begged her to get her weight under control. She died at 80 of a massive stroke.

Um.. you criticize some people's habits and then use as an example of what is wrong with those habits the story of some old lady dying at 80 years of age?  I have news for you bub, everybody dies at about that age - in fact she did much better than average.

Opie, I'm sure someone with such finely honed epicurean sensibilities as yourself knows there is a difference between mere survival and living well. Taking a bunch of pills and finding a brief walk a challenge, at what is supposed to be your prime, is not a enjoyable way to live.  All it takes is a few simple changes and the quality of life will improve.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »

All it takes is a few simple changes and the quality of life will improve.

Sounds incredibly overly optimistic to me.

As with many things in life the answer to this particular issue is rather simple. Eat less and exercise more. The tough part is asking yourself the hard questions. You can run away from that for decades or never bother to ask for fear of the answer.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »

As with many things in life the answer to this particular issue is rather simple. Eat less and exercise more. The tough part is asking yourself the hard questions. You can run away from that for decades or never bother to ask for fear of the answer.

I don't know - I mean, eating is one of the few enjoyments in life, and exercising is very unpleasant, and in any case you die regardless of what you do... so, the whole rationale of your recommendations is dubious.

As a fat there are tremendous downsides to being tired all the time, putting limitations on what you can do, what you even want to do. Further, you don't need to be an ascetic to achieve more energy and aesthetics is just a sideshow.  You feel better and think better about yourself and your surroundings.

Ultimately the whole weight saga is just a symptom. When one continually, almost ritualistically beats themselves up; food, retreat and these aspirations enter to try to balance it all out.  
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 07:28:24 PM »

Your ideal weight is not 200 lbs. You've stated previosuly that you're about 5'8".   But there's no need to set some distant goal. Focus on doing the right thing now. Do you not have fat clinics in OK? A coworker here goes to one and has lost quite a bit of weight on some sort of stimulant.

Focusing on the scale is stupid.  Ray Rice is 5'8 212. Obviously this is a silly comparison, but it calls to mind the larger idea that the goal should be to feel better.  Losing some weight and being more active will make someone healthier, have more energy and a side benefit that you will look better.

Now this is all moot because it is quite clear that Bushie is already bargaining with himself. The family, the weather and who knows what next week and month (Kenya?)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »

Your ideal weight is not 200 lbs. You've stated previosuly that you're about 5'8".   But there's no need to set some distant goal. Focus on doing the right thing now. Do you not have fat clinics in OK? A coworker here goes to one and has lost quite a bit of weight on some sort of stimulant.

Focusing on the scale is stupid.  Ray Rice is 5'8 212. Obviously this is a silly comparison, but it calls to mind the larger idea that the goal should be to feel better.  Losing some weight and being more active will make someone healthier, have more energy and a side benefit that you will look better.

Now this is all moot because it is quite clear that Bushie is already bargaining with himself. The family, the weather and who knows what next week and month (Kenya?)

Yes, we all know that BMI doesn't work for some people.  Jeff doesn't fall into that category.

Well this is true because from the sounds of it he is in much worse shape than the BMI would suggest.  General point is say he was a healthy and energetic 230, who cares what the scale might say.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »

Bushie, why don't you just admit to yourself that you are living scared. You can never commit to anything for the long term. You half ass everything and say you're trying, when you really aren't. You hedge- everything.  I guess it makes you feel better giving yourself this mental out: that you will really get em and knock em dead next time. News flash my friend, you are running out of next times.  The alternative means that you will either succeed or fail on your own terms. Trying and failing can be an incredibly useful, character building experience. Continually banging your head against the wall across well trod territory leads to stagnation and regression.

Stop lying to yourself and others.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

I am home for the night.  I thought I was done for a week, but I still have one more dinner tomorrow night.  This time, it will be Taco Salad.  I did well tonight, only having one plate.  It was a 5 course meal with Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Baked Beans, and Dinner Rolls.  I had one small slice of pumpkin pie for dessert, but overall today has been a much better day.  I even made my portion sizes a spoonful or two smaller.  I only had about 8 oz of the meat.

The fact that your portion sizes were (at least) 3 spoonfulls... yikes.

Did you walk today?

Having just one or two spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and the other sides will not cut it.  I eat so I can feel full.  If I had just one spoonful, I would be starving after dinner, which is unacceptable, and would be counterproductive as I would go back later for more unhealthy stuff.

I did not take a walk today, I didn't have time as I was visiting with family from 11:00 am through 7:45 pm when I left.  I only get to see them once a year, so I was not about to interrupt our conversations just to take a walk.  I was brought up to believe that others, especially your family, are more important than yourself even when it comes to health, so when family comes in, you need to spend time with them.  Absolutely no one is allowed to call the way I was raised wrong or obsolete.  No one is ever allowed to say that.

Oh shut up Jeff. It is an excuse with everything. The others may blame your family but you being unable to even walk (are you 2 years old now), feed yourself properly, and support yourself fall squarely on you. It is really time to bail on this thread just like Torie because you are incapable of taking any responsibility for anything and have no desire to change.  You just sit and troll us Remember that The Lord helps those that help themselves.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »

Jeff 4:16 Walk not saith the Lord. For there is a slight drizzle and the Cardinals are on.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 11:43:29 AM »

Yeah, that is off and wishful thinking. Probably 2/3 that with a 3.5 mph pace.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »

So what happens when you reach one of those marks?

When I reach any mark but the lowest one, I keep going.

What about when you reach your lowest goal. What do you do then?

I'll probably stop in the 190's at the very lowest because of my preference to be a little overweight.  When I get down there, I'll start taking measures to hold steady between 190 and 200.

how much did you weigh senior year of HS?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

So what happens when you reach one of those marks?

When I reach any mark but the lowest one, I keep going.

What about when you reach your lowest goal. What do you do then?

I'll probably stop in the 190's at the very lowest because of my preference to be a little overweight.  When I get down there, I'll start taking measures to hold steady between 190 and 200.

how much did you weigh senior year of HS?

About 185 or so.  I was a normal weight entering college.

So as you are aware you have no excuse. You'll be able to do more when you drop some weight. Stop wasting  time.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

The problem is, often when we use friendly language, the lies continue.  It isn't until the harsh language comes out that you fully admit the real truth.

I just added on to the end of the post.  I'm not looking for mushy or soft language.  I'm looking for a gentler, but firm reminder.  I don't respond well to belligerence.

Yet you provoke belligerence by maintaining your attitude. Or it's just what you want?

Like I said, when people are persistently belligerent, I tend to lash out or become defiant and that escalates things way beyond where it should have gone.  Part of the blame is on the belligerence, and part of the blame is that I haven't made any real, sustained effort to change.  It really does make a mountain out of a mole hill.  What should be settled in a post or two takes a page or two to settle.

We are all aware that you are a delicate little flower Jeff or rather one of the most passive aggressive people on the internet.  Sort that out.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

Jeff, being accountable and truthful to the forum is really just good posting manners. I think the majority of the people who read your thread here just want to be helpful but your continued dishonesty pisses people off. But really, who gives a $hit? So Inks and me patrick1 are pissed off. Oh well.
The person who you really have to be accountable to and truthful with is yourself. If even a semblance of what you post here is true, then you have a lot of work to do on this. Walter is right and I have mentioned this to you in the past: you are all over the map in who you are and what you are doing. Make the commitment to yourself on what you will do. It is good to make these things rational and achievable. If you are stuck in a rut, no shame in asking for help. Just know it is you that has to bear the balance of the load and responsibility.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:58:24 PM »

Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish f_ck in it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »

Now, as far as the walking goes, tomorrow will be a challenge.  The rain is supposed to be moving out, but we're supposed to have a driving north wind, temperatures struggling to reach 41 with wind chills in the 20's all day.  I'm not going to make the decision on tomorrow until I wake up.  I'll be able to walk Wednesday, though, no problem if I get out there at the same time I did this morning.  Temperatures are supposed to reach 57 dwith bright sunshine, so it will be a little chilly, but very manageable.  At Noon, Mom and I are taking Grandma out to eat for her birthday.

Wear a freaking coat... no excuses, man.

I probably will.

Stop being such a pussy. It is rain and a slight chill in the air. If you let the smallest obstacle stand in the way, then how are you ever going to be capable of the real horrible stuff that life will always throw at you.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »

Let me ask a few questions and I request a straight answer.

You first
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »

Sure, why do you expect us to give you straight answers when 1. you continually lie to yourself and the forum 2. you completely ignore all good advice ever proffered. 3. This whole thread is a vanity project.  Enjoy the walk, I suppose.

But please do stop pissing down our legs and telling us it is raining.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies