US flexes its muscles in North/South Korea showdown (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:38:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  US flexes its muscles in North/South Korea showdown (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US flexes its muscles in North/South Korea showdown  (Read 1493 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 28, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »

the americans don't even make up excuses for their imperialism anymore do they? at least in iraq they gave us a reason, even if it was a phoned-in one.
I agree that we should reduce troop levels in the Korean peninsula- but North Korea as a regime is indefensible... I know you are not defending them, but rather disagreeing with US policy- however, I have no problem with using long range aircraft based in the US to deter North Korea from launching a nuclear attack. This is a regime which has no redeeming qualities- it treats its people like cattle, constantly threatens its neighbors, and now threatens us

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »

Your history is correct and your opinions are well stated- I believe that regardless of how we've come to this situation, it is now a choice between taking this threat seriously or not- the North Koreans seem determined to use nuclear weapons- even as a response, this is unacceptable to me. Losing Seoul or Tokyo would be a tragedy... as would losing Honolulu, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. To me....avoiding the possibility of any of those things is crucial-

You make particularly valid points about certain things we- the US- have allowed to occur or supported... but I doubt any come close to the systematic abuse each North Korean receives at the orders of their dictator. The fact that North Korea is perhaps the worst nation in the world when it comes to human rights IN ADDITION to the fact that they have continuously threatened us and our allies with nuclear war is enough for me to support a swift end to that regime
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »

Sbane- the only reason I support reducing troop levels in Korea is due to our long range capabilities... we couldn't send bombers round trip from Missouri even ten years ago- let alone 60
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »

America should preemptively strike and disable as much of the North Korean military as possible, and as soon as possible.
I agree... we need to ensure their capacity to respond against cities is as close to nil as possible
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies