least favorite state legislators in your state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:41:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  least favorite state legislators in your state
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: least favorite state legislators in your state  (Read 4326 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2005, 11:22:01 PM »

we need a state legislature forum, don't you think?

anyway, mine is State Sen. Michelle Bachmann. She's a raving far right lunatic who sponsored a bill requiring abortions to registered and treated like miscarriages. But worse of all, she's an completley insane homophobe who has specially said that gay marriage is the biggest threat facing Minnesota and we shouldn't worry about things at all like balancing the budget or fixing the education system or anything of the sort until we pass an amendment to the state Constitution banning it. When the Senate president told her the session was closed and her amendment would not receive a vote, she broke into tears. What a nutcase.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 11:24:29 PM »

Oh I can't wait until Flyers posts in this one.

I dislike my State Senator, Mike Stack. Pretty corrupt guy from a corrupt family. Doesn't do much of anything and he's not all that visible in the district.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 11:30:26 PM »

State Rep. Paul Stam...sponsored many anti-abortion and anti-gay bills.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 11:33:13 PM »

Today I'm feeling good about the legislature. I spent the afternoon at the capitol lobbying a bill. At the hearing I got a good reception, getting the bill out of committee to the full House. It was particularly nice since the three previous bills heard by that committee were killed by the committee.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 02:22:55 AM »

Pam Roach. She is rather far-right, and also once screamed during a state legislature session because someone moved flowers on her desk.

Other than that, I really do not have an opinion on most state legislators and probably could not name more than four or five.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 12:11:36 PM »

I dislike my State Senator, Mike Stack. Pretty corrupt guy from a corrupt family. Doesn't do much of anything and he's not all that visible in the district.

I was thinking about that and realized this would most likely turn into another fight about NE Philly, but decided oh well, what the hey.

BTW, shouldn't Flyers change his name considering recent developments? It doesn't really make sense now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 02:12:23 PM »

It doesn't really make sense now.

Well neither does most things he says.   Tongue
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »

My own State Senator Nick Spano, who win by only 18 FREAKING VOTES!!!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 06:26:37 PM »

Pam Roach. She is rather far-right, and also once screamed during a state legislature session because someone moved flowers on her desk.

Other than that, I really do not have an opinion on most state legislators and probably could not name more than four or five.

Same.

Same.

Cheesy
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 07:51:49 PM »

Frank White.

He ran a super negative campaign that divided my district and now is pushing a tax hike for the middle class by raing property taxes and having a zoning tax.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 08:37:58 PM »

My state legislature does absolutely nothing. It is worthless.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 08:44:36 PM »

State Senator Gerald P. Ortiz y Pino, D-District 12. A ing left-wing extremist from the Downtown-University area who hates the West Side (my area) and seems quite happy to have sloppy election law as long as it helps leftist candidates. He succeeded the more moderate Richard Romero (yes, the Congressional candidate), and is NOT an improvement. Furthermore, in the primary, the Dems could've chosen a nice, experienced populist Democrat. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they went with the leftist nut.

ARGH! Angry
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 09:33:01 PM »

My State Rep, Susan Pope.  She was narrowly re-elected with 53% of the vote last time.  Prior to this year, Speaker Thomas Finneran, who has resigned.  He was very controlling of the house, where he abolished speaker term limits and put his supporters into all the best committees.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 09:46:36 PM »

Phyllis Mundy,  Ughhh I despise her
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 11:34:55 PM »

My State Rep, Susan Pope.  She was narrowly re-elected with 53% of the vote last time.  Prior to this year, Speaker Thomas Finneran, who has resigned.  He was very controlling of the house, where he abolished speaker term limits and put his supporters into all the best committees.

I've heard about Finneran. He was basically the dictator of Massachusetts from what I heard. Why'd he resign? A good thing if he's gone though.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 12:50:08 AM »

Speaker John Perzel-

Overrated goon who does nothing but "bring home the bacon."  He is a worthless hack that thinks he can storm into Rendell's office at will.  He does a lot for the Mayfair section of Philadelphia, I'll give him that, but at the cost of other taxpayers.  He compared his 2004 opponent, Tim Kearney, of being a Communist and handed out pictures of him next to Joseph Stalin.  He also pisses our taxpayer dollars on these worthless "public service announcements", which all they say is have various voices saying "John Perzel... John Perzel..John Perzel" and at the end say "before you vote for anyone else vote for John Perzel."
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 01:51:11 AM »

I find it very off that in Australia, the states have a lot more power then here, but here, our state parliament has a lot more power then yours. Because of the whole Washminster system, I suppose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 12:31:44 PM »

Speaker John Perzel-

Overrated goon who does nothing but "bring home the bacon."  He is a worthless hack that thinks he can storm into Rendell's office at will.  He does a lot for the Mayfair section of Philadelphia, I'll give him that, but at the cost of other taxpayers.  He compared his 2004 opponent, Tim Kearney, of being a Communist and handed out pictures of him next to Joseph Stalin.  He also pisses our taxpayer dollars on these worthless "public service announcements", which all they say is have various voices saying "John Perzel... John Perzel..John Perzel" and at the end say "before you vote for anyone else vote for John Perzel."

I'm not a big fan of Perzel but I had to point out the funniest thing in your last post. You said he does nothing yet a few sentences later you sid he does a lot for Mayfair.

Also the Kearney thing was overplayed but the reason for it was because the guy was endorsed by the Communist Party.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 05:11:03 PM »

The least favorite state legislator that I am familiar with is State Senator Bill Finch (D-Bridgeport, Trumbull).

He is a classic whiny liberal Democrat, always talking about how taxes need to be raised to meet this or that need.  He is a great believer in redistribution of wealth away from those who have earned it to those who have not.

He was also arrested last year in a drunken bar incident involving one of his sons.  To his credit, he stepped forward and took his slap on the wrist penalty for it without any real complaining.

Generally, I don't like legislators who represent urban areas because they almost all have the mentality that everybody owes them something, and they reflect many of their constituents in their "take no responsibility for anything" stance.

I have a personal grudge against State Rep. Robert Barr (R-Hartford Area) because he is a crooked shyster lawyer (a redundancy in terms) and I was involved in a transaction once where he represented the other side.  He tried to f**k me, but failed.  I would have sworn he was a liberal Democrat by his behavior, and was chagrined to learn that he was a Republican.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 01:30:12 PM »

Jim Holt, the guy who ran against Blanche Lincoln.  But there was also a state Senator who proposed getting rid of teacher's conference hour, but not paying them for the extra hour they work.  He's next up on my list.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 04:31:01 PM »

I agree with Flyers 100%
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 11:19:42 PM »

For those on the left, Sen. Mike Fair of Greenville raises the most hackles.  The left has too little power for any of them to raise hackles on the right.   I don’t have any State legislator that I love to hate myself, altho I do despise our boy-Lt. Gov Andre Bauer.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 11:35:31 PM »

For those on the left, Sen. Mike Fair of Greenville raises the most hackles.  The left has too little power for any of them to raise hackles on the right.   I don’t have any State legislator that I love to hate myself, altho I do despise our boy-Lt. Gov Andre Bauer.

He was on TV today!  On C-Span, Gov. Romney came to SC and Bauer was there (gave a short speech).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies