How do you like your meat cooked? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:23:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How do you like your meat cooked? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Steaks and Hamburger
Rare

Medium Rare

Medium

Medium Well

Well Done

Almost burnt

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: How do you like your meat cooked?  (Read 6634 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 02, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »

http://i.redmarblesteaks.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/strip.jpg
I like it pinkish red... but still with a cooked texture.  Medium rare for me.

I do cook pork tenderloin to medium with a tiny bit of pink in the middle.  Trichinosis is killed very quickly at 140*F.  And if you cook it to 140, it will be fork tender.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:29 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2013, 02:25:16 AM by Snowguy716 »

Restaurants save the really bad cuts of meat for people who ask for their steak "well done".

I usually say medium rare, or medium.  There's a point where it's just too bloody to enjoy, and the right amount of cooking makes it more tender.  And you do have to get burgers a little more well done- I don't worry about bacteria in a whole cut of meat, but when it's ground its more of a concern.
True, but a little pink in the middle almost definitely wouldn't be a problem.  That meat is still cooked and debugged.. but it'll be tender and moer flavorful.

By the way, I tried Mettbroetchen in Cologne... they are basically German hard rolls cut in half with raw ground beef (usually pork, but these people had beef).  You top it with very thinly sliced onions and salt and pepper.

The taste is alright.. but the slimy cool to the touch meat is just a turn off.

Have any of our resident Germans had Mettbroetchen before?  I don't know if it ranges beyond Cologne.. but I'm sure there are similar variations in other places.  

Language lesson:  Mettbroetchen directly translated is "Meat bread-chen"... the chen on the end of brot (which means bread) indicates a "smaller" bread, like a roll.

In english, there are still relics of this word construction in words that end with -kin, like napkin.  Napkin is a conjunction of nape (which means "cloth) and kin, which makes the object diminutive, thus indicating a "small cloth" or "towelette" ('ette' is the common suffix nowadays for such constructions).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »

I like my meat to not be on my plate.
You commie pinko! Tongue

How do you like your veggies cooked?  Mushy peas or crisp tender?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »

Here's my contribution of shame to the thread:

I love medium rare steak.  But I have an aversion to fatty cuts of meat outside of bacon.  A well marbled Strip is okay... but ribeyes are too fatty.  And sirloin has that awful artery running through it that kinda pulls apart like hot gum.  Gross.

I even get grossed out eating shellfish knowing that crustaceans are basically insects living in the ocean.  But I still love crab and lobster.  With lots of clarified butter, of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies