The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 53642 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »

I eat Ritz crackers and peanut butter almost every day.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »

Some of the confusion over the F word may come from the fact that "Lets be friends" is female speak for "I have no sexual attraction to you whatsoever." It's not that girls won't date a friend ever. But girls are more willing to be friends with guys they don't find attractive, which can be confusing for guys. Most guys have little interest in paling around with unattractive girls just for the conversation.

I can never stop wondering if you actually live in reality. Does anyone actually ever use the phrase "let's be friends"?

Also, this idea that women can only be used for sex and you don't want to talk to them MIGHT be a thing true only for rabid misogynists or young teens. I don't think I know any normal adult who doesn't have plenty of friends of both genders.

@Master Jedi: I think confidence is a bit misleading. I'd rather say that you should be reasonably happy with yourself and natural. I have a good friend who, somewhat jokingly, described his strategy for picking up girls as "I stand in the middle of the room looking helpless until someone comes up to me" He does quite well with women. And I know many girls who get turned off by men who are too confident or dominant.

I think the main thing is to not try to be something you can't pull off. When you're being disingenuous is tends to shine through. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »

@Master Jedi: I think confidence is a bit misleading. I'd rather say that you should be reasonably happy with yourself and natural. I have a good friend who, somewhat jokingly, described his strategy for picking up girls as "I stand in the middle of the room looking helpless until someone comes up to me" He does quite well with women. And I know many girls who get turned off by men who are too confident or dominant.

I think the main thing is to not try to be something you can't pull off. When you're being disingenuous is tends to shine through. 

Well, yes, that's all true. Being confident in yourselff is not the same as being a giant prick and thinking you're God's gift to women. It's all about having confidence in yourself and being happy with who you are.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »

Slowly reading through the thread, but had to stop to make a particular post:

ILV! *hughughug*

Welcome Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »

I have prayed and made offerings to 'evil' animist spirits for certain people to become deceased.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

Muh confession:

I'm an exceptionally good liar, at least face to face.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »

I'm directly responsible for 9/11
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2013, 12:18:03 PM »

I need to quit drinking
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »

No, Dukey, but you do need to quit posting here, and on FB and Twatter while drinking. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »

Admission of still being a virgin is admitting of something very personal?

If you post on Atlas, there's 80% chance you're yet to get laid.

Except the gays, who either seem to be married and/or having regular sex Grin

Hey, I'm not having— wait crap I am, kind of, now, maybe.  To a certain extent.  It's hard to adjust to actually dating.  Suffice it to say, kids, if you're distressed by your inexperience, I can assure you that there is hope on the horizon, and it is known as the Internet.  I had gone no further than a friendly hug with either sex before January (that, my 269th month upon the Earth), and now that is not the case.

Confession: there's this guy I've been dating for about a month, and he keeps repeatedly insisting he wants me to be his boyfriend, and even though I had always thought I would be one to rush into things I'm the one putting the breaks on and being like "I AM EXCEEDINGLY INEXPERIENCED, WE SHOULD PROBABLY TAKE THIS SLOWER THAN YOU WANT US TO" and it's very odd and kind of frustrating even though I think he's a really great guy and I always enjoy the time I spend with him.  And now he's come down with mono and I'm almost a little relieved because at the very least his immune system will now be telling him to slow things down rather than just me.   (But that means I will have to start avoiding him to make it so I don't come down with mono myself, unless he's already infected me, in which case I'm in for a miserable April/May.)  Yet my sort-of pleasure makes me guilty.

Also, I'm one of the gays.  But it's not a confession if no one is surprised.
I only found this post thanks to Hugh.

And then I looked up what "mono" was. I knew it under its German name...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »

Muh confession:

I'm an exceptionally good liar, at least face to face.

Well, you're a gay, right?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »

"I stand in the middle of the room looking helpless until someone comes up to me"

This is basically my approach at the entire life. Not entirely by choice, mind you.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

Also, this idea that women can only be used for sex and you don't want to talk to them MIGHT be a thing true only for rabid misogynists or young teens. I don't think I know any normal adult who doesn't have plenty of friends of both genders.

I don't agree with you on certain things (economics, for example), but man, Gustaf..you're dead on here. Smiley

Women are human beings too. I know this might be a shock to some people here.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »

I don't agree with you on certain things (economics, for example), but man, Gustaf..you're dead on here. Smiley

I have loads and loads of female friends, but I have no desire to have sex with them!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »

I have loads and loads of female friends, but I have no desire to have sex with them!
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »

A bird shat on me this afternoon.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2013, 05:47:18 PM »

When opebo treats women as human beings more than you do, it's time for you to go home and rethink your life.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »

Confession: I disproved the whole "if you're friends with a girl she won't sleep with you"-thing last night. Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2013, 07:40:45 PM »

My confession is that this thread strikes me as a really bad idea. Why would you confess anything worth confessing to the internet, considering that you're hardly exactly entirely anonymous here? Is this a confession in itself? A confession of paranoia?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:34 PM »

My confession:  I once slapped a mosquito on my arm and killed it.  Then I felt really bad, so I buried it in the sand at the beach I was playing on, marked the grave, and pretended it was a holy tomb in the city I was building.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »

I feel guilty that I don't feel at all guilty about smoking weed all day every day.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2013, 05:19:36 AM »

My confession:  I once slapped a mosquito on my arm and killed it.  Then I felt really bad, so I buried it in the sand at the beach I was playing on, marked the grave, and pretended it was a holy tomb in the city I was building.

I didn't know it was physically possible for me to laugh at 6 AM
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »

I like to think that I'm dependable, but I'm not. My solutions to my problems is to just ignore them until they come up, and then I half-ass it and hope for the best. It's caused some problems with my boyfriend in the past, but I know exactly what to say to make things better. We've been together for almost 7 years and sometimes I think the reason I "fix" it like that every time instead of just addressing the problem is because I'm afraid of what it's like to not be with someone.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »

I hate everyone here.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2013, 11:33:15 AM »

No, Grumps just the Mods (and that one particular Greek guy), other than your favorite, Muon2 of course, over whom you just gush.

Have you put up anything more juicy about yourself that I might have missed? I'm waiting. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies